Game Day Collingwood v Fremantle Thursday 5.40 pm 27 Jan at Vic Park - Teams Pos #33

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow, then we'll still be travelling to Brisbane on Saturday 5 February. Might need to rest some players against West Coast with back to back five day breaks.
Hopefully that game gets shifted to the Sunday. Though I think Brisbane are still a few games short so there's a chance the remaining games may all be shuffled.

I'm going to presume Freo will be at Vic Park again at some point soon..... and I'm guessing if it aint tomorrow morning then likely Wednesday morning. I'll head on down for a bit of reconnaissance. If i'm caught - I'll deny ever posting to BF and I'll even deny knowing what the internet is.

Last edited:
Biggest Test of then Season and we see IF we are a Flag Chance or not
A big test for both sides. We are favourites in this round (pending no big outs). It's at our home ground ( a win makes it 9 straight) ... and this will be Freo's 3rd game in a row on the road with no insight to when they can return home.

Crossing fingers for a win, however we dont seem to have the same connection across the feild as last year. Sab needs to go, Abbi maloney or anyone else with a bit of speed and effort would be preferable. Its not that shes not trying, but she just doesnt have the tools im afraid and we get hurt by her direct opponent.
Hopefully Tani and Choch in for some extra run and carry.
I dont see us getting scored against heavily, ill bet freo score 6 or 7 goals, but im not sure we can kick 7 or 8 to win it.
I hope im wrong and we grind out another gutsy win. Go pies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, then we'll still be travelling to Brisbane on Saturday 5 February. Might need to rest some players against West Coast with back to back five day breaks.
Was heading down to watch the girls on Sunday, now on a Thursday rules me out of going due to work, then WC on Tuesday a no go either....👎
Like the 2020 men’s fixture we cop a worse deal than anyone else in the name of compressing the fixture. Also like the 2020 stitch up it buggers my ability to watch games live.

Crossing fingers for a win, however we dont seem to have the same connection across the feild as last year. Sab needs to go, Abbi maloney or anyone else with a bit of speed and effort would be preferable. Its not that shes not trying, but she just doesnt have the tools im afraid and we get hurt by her direct opponent.
Hopefully Tani and Choch in for some extra run and carry.
I dont see us getting scored against heavily, ill bet freo score 6 or 7 goals, but im not sure we can kick 7 or 8 to win it.
I hope im wrong and we grind out another gutsy win. Go pies
How come you are hoping for a Pies win yet have Gold Coast as your team? Thinking of switching over?:)

Not much to report on Freo training. Really basic touch session, turning over the legs with basic drills under the hot sun. A bit of run and carry from end to end at point but there was zero tackling for the entire I saw them.

Weird last 10 mins when it was getting to 11am. They got in a big huddle in the middle of the ground to which I thought it was last words until hitting the showers but they broke into groups of three and spread out from end to end in positions..... and then .... they just waited, and waited. Most if not all began to sit down (natutrally). Coaches in the middle seemed to be talking. 10 mins of doing this (Sweet FA) they all went inside. I guess really like sitting out in the beating hot sun.

I guess the one thing that stood out was the lack of apparent injuries. I haven't checked womens.afl as yet. There seemed to be only 1 player kicking with support staff and doing a few laps. I dunno who she was? Quite an impressive built unit though.

Like the 2020 men’s fixture we cop a worse deal than anyone else in the name of compressing the fixture. Also like the 2020 stitch up it buggers my ability to watch games live.
Would have thought just maybe that Freo and the Eagles might be copping a slightly worse deal

For those into stats and how this game is matching up - It seems be a handball style (us) vs a kicking game (them).
1643081338750.png

Last week's round exemplifies this example.

But in particular interest are the tackle stats from the last round. FYI Freo are on top of league for total tackles, Geelong are third in the league and laid 72 tackles against us last week. We did 62 last week.

So, IMO (based on stats) if they smash us in the tackle count they win and if we break near enough even in tackles, we'll win. That's why I think last week's win, albeit not pretty, set us up for the season. Thursday's night game is the acid test.

1643081618312.png

I thought we were very unlucky not to beat them last year over there but I’m thinking this will be another game that’ll be close with the loser thinking they’re unlucky. With the change in the scheduling does it change the broadcast options.

Would have thought just maybe that Freo and the Eagles might be copping a slightly worse deal
Semantics. The compressed fixture is to assist the WA teams and reduce their time away from a state that continues to act as a separate country. I can’t see any benefit in this for us.

Semantics. The compressed fixture is to assist the WA teams and reduce their time away from a state that continues to act as a separate country. I can’t see any benefit in this for us.

The AFL should tell that idiot running the state stop shutting your state down or your four teams will be dropped for the year

2 teams each mens and womens so it wouldn't effect the draw

Of course there's no benefit but the sky isn't falling in. A reserves team would be good enough to deal with the Eagles anyway

Remove this Banner Ad

Back