Game Day Collingwood v Geelong The G 7.40pm Friday 17 March 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excuse the interruption, hope it's another epic encounter between our teams tonight and I honestly think you will win.

I just noticed Ash Johnson isn't playing - is he injured or just not selected? I know he had a couple of poor finals but he was easily your most dangerous forward in the QF and should have kicked 4.

Between McStay's arrival, Ash coming back in poor shape and Reef Mcinne's rise, I feel it's gonna be tricky for Ash to get a game this season honestly.

Just my personal prediction, but I have a sneaking suspicion he might get delisted at the end of the year or might just up and leave when he most likely gets little opportunity.

Again, just my personal hunch.

Reef is younger, faster, more versatile and seems hungrier. McStay and Checkers are the 2 "pillars" so not sure where Ash fits in outside injury depth.

He came back significantly below fitness for pre-season and had a program to build back up. That plus the competition for spots we have with the new recruits and Reef McInnes shining in pre season- just shunted back. He’ll break back into the side in due course I think.

Thanks - interested to see McStay tonight. He was one of only two forwards (the other being JK from WCE) that got hold of de Koning last season.

Between McStay's arrival, Ash coming back in poor shape and Reef Mcinne's rise, I feel it's gonna be tricky for Ash to get a game this season honestly.

Just my personal prediction, but I have a sneaking suspicion he might get delisted at the end of the year or might just up and leave when he most likely gets little opportunity.

Reef is younger, faster, more versatile and seems hungrier. McStay and Checkers are the 2 "pillars" so not sure where Ash fits in outside injury depth.

I saw McInnes play v Brisbane last year and he looked super impressive. I imagine Kreuger will be in the frame for your 22 if he gets fit, too. Most Cats fans including me would have liked to have kept him, hope his body holds up as he certainly has the talent.

I saw McInnes play v Brisbane last year and he looked super impressive. I imagine Kreuger will be in the frame for your 22 if he gets fit, too. Most Cats fans including me would have liked to have kept him, hope his body holds up as he certainly has the talent.

Well yeah, copletely forgot Kreuger, who again is more versatile, younger, taller and faster than Ash.

All of the above even ignores that Ginni is available for selection Round 3.

So again, just not sure where Ash slots in outside injuries. In fact, ti would have been interesting to see how this forward line shaped up had we managed to keep Ollie.

Woulda been stranger if Frampton was I named. Has shown 3/5ths of bugger all so far.
Really... I wouldve thought with Cameron and Hawkins, Billy mightve got a start. Think they will be licking their lips at Howe or Murphy having to pick up one of those players. Could be the difference

Really... I wouldve thought with Cameron and Hawkins, Billy mightve got a start. Think they will be licking their lips at Howe or Murphy having to pick up one of those players. Could be the difference

This is my worry

Without Frampton there, one of Hawkins or Cameron is all but guaranteed to get off the chain

Woulda been stranger if Frampton was I named. Has shown 3/5ths of bugger all so far.
He clearly has not gotten to grips with our flow and system down back as yet.
This is going take time, particularly as Murphy does a power of work and has been a pivotal cog in defence.
Injury aside, when Frampton comes in I think he’ll be ready by knowing and having demonstrated to the Coaches, exactly what’s required of him down back.

Ive moved to Geelong for work. I do not want to catch a V line with these ferals. Thinking of driving to Spotswood station. Anyone have any (constructive) words of advice if you live in the west and how to get to the G effectively when playing Geelong in particular?

Also Go you pies! About bloody time footy was back.
Im in corio too mate. I know what it’s like. The first thing the missus mum says to me after the PF last year was “condolences”. A woman who won’t watch a game if Geelong doesn’t kick the first goal, and doesn’t know the name of one player after Ablett Senior. The fish definitely rots from the head down this way 😂

I make a promise that if we win tonight, I’ll tutor your kids in VCE maths and science free for a year. Sound like a plan?

Im in corio too mate. I know what it’s like. The first thing the missus mum says to me after the PF last year was “condolences”. A woman who won’t watch a game if Geelong doesn’t kick the first goal, and doesn’t know the name of one player after Ablett Senior. The fish definitely rots from the head down this way 😂

I make a promise that if we win tonight, I’ll tutor your kids in VCE maths and science free for a year. Sound like a plan?
CHeers bloke. Easy bet for you. No kids here. The 40 min trudge home from corio station in the dead of night doesnt get more attractive, win or loss. Car it is. Go pies!

Well yeah, copletely forgot Kreuger, who again is more versatile, younger, taller and faster than Ash.

All of the above even ignores that Ginni is available for selection Round 3.

So again, just not sure where Ash slots in outside injuries. In fact, ti would have been interesting to see how this forward line shaped up had we managed to keep Ollie.

Kreuger faster than Ash? No, Ash is faster, a better kick and a better mark and more verstile.
Kreuger is stronger in the contest.

Just offloaded a gorilla on big Mason Cox to snag the first sausage roll at $51.

Wish me luck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lived in Corio (if you can call it living) for a couple of years whilst working a contract (transport industry).

Best part of living there . . . .

Watching it disappear in my rear view mirror after I had finished the contract and . . . GTFO.

Just offloaded a gorilla on big Mason Cox to snag the first sausage roll at $51.

Wish me luck.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Why?
Geel just scraped home against us last time with both Hawkins and Cameron- and arguably we’ve improved our best 22.
That’s true.Hawkins was well held in that game,while Cameron was the one who caused us trouble,along with the umpires of course.

Here’s what I don’t get you’ve mentioned Reef twice as to why AJ is not playing, umm Reef isn’t playing either.

Omg the amount of carry on about a kid who’s done absolutely nothing in his time at the club. Yes he’s been injured but seriously the hype everyone is giving this guy is just ridiculous.

Both AJ and Reef played a handful of games last season and by a long way AJ was far superior that’s why he was playing and let’s be honest they are not or should not be vying for the same position. AJ a med/tall forward and Reef should be a big mid like Cripps but he’s not being played there.

Anyway sorry for the vent but enough of Reef carry on until he actually plays a couple of good games, if he ever does. I know one bf poster will dislike this, I wonder who 😂 We all have our favourites and just to be clear mines AJ if you didn’t notice.

Go pies ⚫⚪

I tell ya Anzac..... if this did actually happen re: Cox, it would give me a huge smile.... for so many reasons
Same lol
Josh Daicos with the first Sausage roll after Mitch gives to Nick and receives from 50 on the run.

Selfishly I want Adams to kick first goal as I am sick of dropping out of the Goal Kicking comp in the first week.

Quite a warm afternoon at the moment and deciding what to wear before heading off to the G.

Go Pies... !

Umps for tonight:
Justin Power (4), Brett Rosebury (8),:mad: Robert O'Gorman (10), Nathan Williamson (22)

Last edited:
That’s true.Hawkins was well held in that game,while Cameron was the one who caused us trouble,along with the umpires of course.
Cameron's kicking that day was amazing. Felt like everytime he got it he hurt us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back