Game Day Collingwood v GWS Giants - Preliminary Finals — Sat 21 Sep, 4:35PM AEST, MCG

Who will Win?

• Collingwood by 30+ pts

Votes: 35 27.1%
  • Collingwood 10-30

Votes: 48 37.2%
  • Collingwood by <10

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • GWS Giants by <10

Votes: 12 9.3%
  • GWS Giants by 10-30

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • GWS Giants by 30+

Votes: 11 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

They have a ruckman who is free kick machine for the opposition and has a fork in him up against a guy in Brownlow form and perhaps the best ruckman in the game at the moment (sorry Toby).

Collingwoods midfield is too good to be missing four of your best midfielders and still have a chance.

Collingwood wont be bombing into forward line like Brisbane did so Davis and his mate (forgot his name) wont get near it.

Non Collingwood fans will be looking for something else to watch before half time.
Whitfield is a HBF and Greene is a HHF. Cogs has been out for a while now and they’ve been doing fine without him.

That midfield will still have Taranto, Hopper and Kelly, so underrate it at your own peril.

Will obviously be a massive advantage not having Greene and Whitfield, but you’re talking like they don’t still have stars across pretty much every line.

EDIT: You’re thinking of Haynes. Davis and him would be two of the top 5 intercept marks in the competition. Thus Reid’s inclusion into the Collingwood side.

Whitfield is a HBF and Greene is a HHF. Cogs has been out for a while now and they’ve been doing fine without him.

That midfield will still have Taranto, Hopper and Kelly, so underrate it at your own peril.

Will obviously be a massive advantage not having Greene and Whitfield, but you’re talking like they don’t still have stars across pretty much every line.

They have talent but Collingwood only missing Greenwood and De Goey and with the break will be too good.

At the end of the day they will be saying that it didnt matter if Greene played or not.

Hope you are right but you will be hoping I am right.

didnt see it up there but is there something up there that tells you the composition of supporters in a thread?

This site has it all.

[IMG alt="PieLebo87"]https://cdndata.bigfooty.com/avatars/s/19/19924.jpg?1559131520[/IMG]

PieLebo87
Hall of Famer · 31 · From Endeavour Hills

• Posts 11,255
  • Likes 7,867
  • Points 3,249

[IMG alt="dean33"]https://cdndata.bigfooty.com/avatars/s/50/50822.jpg?1508029318[/IMG]

dean33
Norm Smith Medallist · From melb

• Posts 8,139
  • Likes 10,203
  • Points 3,399

[IMG alt="South of the Yarra"]https://cdndata.bigfooty.com/avatars/s/28/28271.jpg?1553146832[/IMG]

South of the Yarra
Norm Smith Medallist · From Victoria

• Posts 5,633
  • Likes 3,634
  • Points 2,399

[IMG alt="demondavey"]https://cdndata.bigfooty.com/avatars/s/16/16951.jpg?1558411920[/IMG]

demondavey
Brownlow Medallist · 39

• Posts 22,128
  • Likes 17,425
  • Points 5,249

EDIT: You’re thinking of Haynes. Davis and him would be two of the top 5 intercept marks in the competition. Thus Reid’s inclusion into the Collingwood side.
Simple issue here is the 4 outs have the potential to get 120 disposals between them
Their substitutes Keefe Reid Daniels Hill lucky to get 40 .
That is too big a discrepancy.
Pies will win by lots.

Being interested in a preliminary final that determines our opposition if we win our own final seems very normal.

going through all posts to determine the exact number of posters who are Richmond supporters????

perhaps not as normal.

Is there are stat somewhere on the page that tells you that or have you undertaken that task manually.

Nah its the same in every Collingwood thread. Richmond supporters can't keep away.

They have talent but Collingwood only missing Greenwood and De Goey and with the break will be too good.

At the end of the day they will be saying that it didnt matter if Greene played or not.

Hope you are right but you will be hoping I am right.

Add Beams, Langdon and Cox. Arguably Dunn too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep he's the only player to play rubbish games.
Didn't i reply to a post about Toby?

If you want to talk about others playing crap there, go for it, but i was referring to Toby, who isn't playing this week.

As a small forward on the MCG in 15 games he has kicked 7 goals, yeah that would probably make anybody shake in their boots.

Didn't i reply to a post about Toby?

If you want to talk about others playing crap there, go for it, but i was referring to Toby, who isn't playing this week.

As a small forward on the MCG in 15 games he has kicked 7 goals, yeah that would probably make anybody shake in their boots.

Going at about 30 touches and a couple of goals a game of late. In the best form he's been in.

Apparently we’ve had a dream run in September. We’ve been blessed in getting a top 4 position. We’ve been blessed in getting Geelong after a bye. If we win, we’re lucky to make the GF. It’s always the same people saying it too. Go figure.
Why you though - think very carefully....the fish rots at the head. Good luck Pies/Tiges GF good for footy. We both have to get there first Geel v GWS??? NOT THE SAME.

Ow, we know! But I guess Collingwood’s outs don’t matter though, right?

Any objectively minded person would consider that based on a comparable analysis of the outs of GWS against the outs of Pies, GWS are starting behind the 8-ball. Nevertheless, both start the game with 22 players and injuries can go either way when the ball is bounced. Smart money though is on Collingwood for good reason.

Mate he supports GC, let him be, it will be a long time before he can enjoy the banter with the opposition in this possie.
Nah I think hes a Giant who has created a new ID less than 3 hours ago for trolling.
About as brave as Toby Greene - sniping from behind, trying to avoid being seen...

Ow, we know! But I guess Collingwood’s outs don’t matter though, right?
As Wheatley and Riewoldt said like for like not in the same league and some comparsons downright embarrassing.Go back to corporate financing.Hope you are much better at that.

Even more so when 3 ex pies sat in on the decision.
Apparently they would have had 3 ex gws players but sadly, you're a club with no history, no fans and really little place being in the competition. An AFL toy, handed cash on a platter, handed players privileges, draft picks, all placed in an area of Sydney that couldn't give a rat's about what you do.

Back