Game Day Collingwood v GWS Giants - Preliminary Finals — Sat 21 Sep, 4:35PM AEST, MCG

Who will Win?

• Collingwood by 30+ pts

Votes: 35 27.1%
  • Collingwood 10-30

Votes: 48 37.2%
  • Collingwood by <10

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • GWS Giants by <10

Votes: 12 9.3%
  • GWS Giants by 10-30

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • GWS Giants by 30+

Votes: 11 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

May 31, 2019
Belmont, WA
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Perth Glory, Everton FC, SSC Napoli
Richmond supporters getting a bit ahead of themselves again or did I miss their prelim
Reading the comments on this thread it would seem a tad hypocritical one would think.
Pies in the box seat again however we know how that panned out in the GF when everyone jumped on the pies to lift the cup.

Sep 14, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Reading the comments on this thread it would seem a tad hypocritical one would think.
Pies in the box seat again however we know how that panned out in the GF when everyone jumped on the pies to lift the cup.
Opposition supporters tipping Collingwood put us in the box seat to win the flag?

Geez, we’re stuffed this week then because everyone is tipping us so we must be in the box seat again.

May 31, 2019
Belmont, WA
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Opposition supporters tipping Collingwood put us in the box seat to win the flag?

Geez, we’re stuffed this week then because everyone is tipping us so we must be in the box seat again.
Opposition supporters wtf lol? I must be reading a different thread then......................................🤔

A bit like the Preliminary the week before when nobody tipped Collingwood. Losing a Grand Final was difficult but looking on the bright side we stopped a Richmond flag so I can live with that.

MagicGnome97

All Australian
Sep 6, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Coniglio, Greene and Whitfield are huge outs, but the pies are missing de goey (gun), greenwood (has had a very good year), cox (has been very important to us structurally in recent times) and langdon (very good defender and was fantastic for us last finals series including the GF). Also a few like Dunn, Beams, Sier, Quaynor etc would have been handy depth at the very least, possibly much more even.

May 31, 2019
Belmont, WA
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
A bit like the Preliminary the week before when nobody tipped Collingwood. Losing a Grand Final was difficult but looking on the bright side we stopped a Richmond flag so I can live with that.
Fair call as I would understand your hatred. I wasn't on Big Footy last year but have heard there were a few lippy Richmond supporters which has brought on this reputation I keep reading about. You guys have the right to be confident coming up against a depleted Giants outfit on MCG but to qoute other supporters for getting ahead of themselves for this year is very hypercritical as I mentioned earlier. I certainly haven't read much over confident posting on the other game day thread as much as this besides from Mr Cockarfitt a Cats supporter.

Fair call as I would understand your hatred. I wasn't on Big Footy last year but have heard there were a few lippy Richmond supporters which has brought on this reputation I keep reading about. You guys have the right to be confident coming up against a depleted Giants outfit on MCG but to qoute other supporters for getting ahead of themselves for this year is very hypercritical as I mentioned earlier. I certainly haven't read much over confident posting on the other game day thread as much as this besides from Mr Cockarfitt a Cats supporter.
Im never confident, hope for the best & expect the worst.
🤞

Hatred is a strong word & not what I meant, I really wanted to deny them back to back. I have a healthy respect for this Richmond team & my cousin married into Mopsy Fraser’s family many years back so I recognise their passion too. I was happy for 2017 Tigers and hoped they’d win for Mopsy’s family as 37 years was too long a wait as was our 32.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
True...

We only thumped you in a Grand Final within 39 years, not a finals game though...
Perfectly illustrated.

Honestly, the way some nuffies rationalise their illusory opinion with creative statistical interpretations.....

Grand finals are all that matter.
We lose a lot :(

Feb 21, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hatred is a strong word & not what I meant, I really wanted to deny them back to back. I have a healthy respect for this Richmond team & my cousin married into Mopsy Fraser’s family many years back so I recognise their passion too. I was happy for 2017 Tigers and hoped they’d win for Mopsy’s family as 37 years was too long a wait as was our 32.
A fit and firing Richmond is possibly the most supporter friendly style of football seen in years. Excellent.

Not against Collingwood though thanks!
GWS first in any case...

Perfectly illustrated.

Honestly, the way some nuffies rationalise their illusory opinion with creative statistical interpretations.....

Grand finals are all that matter.
We lose a lot :(

Yes but we win more than most. A statistical fact you seem to forget in your almost constant need to gravel rash to the opposition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BBC1967

Cancelled
Aug 9, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Nick Riewoldt just called a GWS/Collingwood injury comparison an EMBARRASSMENT. He conceded De Goey a big out. The Pies supporter called in claiming bias about GWS injuries only to be howled down with Like for Like@piesinjuries. Great call!!!!

queensberryrules

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Giants getting up in this game would be a win for the ages for them. Hard to see it happening. however, in extremis, it is amazing how often teams can be pushed to take risks they normally wouldn't make. Ron Barrassi coached teams were famous for this, the 72 and 84 GFs were also examples of it. Can the Giants draw on the heritage of boilovers and try something unusual and get the job done? I wouldn't be counting them out, they still have a talent laden team.

Sep 14, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Nick Riewoldt just called a GWS/Collingwood injury comparison an EMBARRASSMENT. He conceded De Goey a big out. The Pies supporter called in claiming bias about GWS injuries only to be howled down with Like for Like@piesinjuries. Great call!!!!
You’re obsession with who we have out is borderline stalkerish.

Ocker

?Premiershipmond?
May 20, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Giants getting up in this game would be a win for the ages for them. Hard to see it happening. however, in extremis, it is amazing how often teams can be pushed to take risks they normally wouldn't make. Ron Barrassi coached teams were famous for this, the 72 and 84 GFs were also examples of it. Can the Giants draw on the heritage of boilovers and try something unusual and get the job done? I wouldn't be counting them out, they still have a talent laden team.
One thing for sure is Giants have definitely turned up the aggression. They've been notably more physical the past few weeks - going to be a few sore lads (moreso) at the end.

Oh My God. Not Again. I just heard Astbury cough.

Back