Game Day Collingwood v GWS Giants - Preliminary Finals — Sat 21 Sep, 4:35PM AEST, MCG

Who will Win?

• Collingwood by 30+ pts

Votes: 35 27.1%
  • Collingwood 10-30

Votes: 48 37.2%
  • Collingwood by <10

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • GWS Giants by <10

Votes: 12 9.3%
  • GWS Giants by 10-30

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • GWS Giants by 30+

Votes: 11 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Disagree.. but ok I’ll let you win that one lol.
Explain membership numbers? Dollar value too?
Average crowd attendances over the last three years?
You guys are the benchmark for membership numbers - there is no disputing that.

Dollar value - that one I’m not sure what you’re referring to.

Crowd attendance - the Pies have done a tremendous job this season in overtaking the Tigers for overall crowd attendance but it’s absolutely minuscule and both sides are worthy of being top, well and truly above anyone else in the competition.

I think it is a bit harsh he was gone a couple of years ago. Buckley turned himself and Collingwood around and were a kick away from winning last year. The Magpies also beat the best team over the last 3 years Richmond convincingly in the prelim last year.

Its a tough business and whilst i can type anonymously i can say tough things :)

Its a tough business and whilst i can type anonymously i can say tough things :)
Well aren’t you a shining beacon of society. I bet you’re the type of person who has no issues with online bullying either because ‘you’re anonymous’.

Well aren’t you a shining beacon of society. I bet you’re the type of person who has no issues with online bullying either because ‘you’re anonymous’.

Settle down, it was a bit of a joke, FYI i have been of the same opinion about Buckley since he started his tenure, a losing tenure at that.

FIGJAM IMO was a selfish egotistical driven player and as a coach still exhibits the same flaws.

If you haven’t had sex for 20 years, how excited will you be for that first time? Will you have the same level of excitement for it if it’s happening multiple times in recent years?
It depend's on who it's with.
(I’m married unfortunately, so I’ll take it when I can get it)
That's alway's the downside.
I believe we can continue to be nice to each other whilst disagreeing on certain things. Also, there are a lot of things that don’t need to be turned into a competition, nor does it have to be turned nasty if Richmond isn’t ahead of Collingwood in it.
(Yes, I am slightly baiting you lol)
Unfortunately, Richmond are a fair bit in front of Collingwood.

I’m convinced a second finals bye is not ideal before a cut throat prelim ..... both pies and tigers were asleep early. The margin for the pies in the end too much to real in.

Just like last year, we were asleep early against the pies and by halftime ..... game over. I think the bye before finals needs to be scrapped, I’m sure it won’t change anytime soon.

GWS have always been talented, yesterday the added a whole lotta grit to that talent and that’s what wins finals ..... very dangerous!!
You are correct mate, kudos to your tigers too. But GWS seem hungry and have an harder edge about them, their forward line is already dangerous Cameron, Finlayson, Greene and Himmleberg can all score. But to do it against Atsbury, Grimes, Vlaustin is damm hard

Settle down, it was a bit of a joke, FYI i have been of the same opinion about Buckley since he started his tenure, a losing tenure at that.

FIGJAM IMO was a selfish egotistical driven player and as a coach still exhibits the same flaws.
Yeah, must be pretty average to finish in the top 4 two years running. What are your thoughts on the other 14 coaches in the competition?

If you’re going to make that statement, at least back it up with some evidence - when you say he exhibits selfish egotistical traits as a coach - what are they?

I do hope your right, however watching GWS in poor conditions Saturday, I was impressed by their ability to fight and scrap to the end.

It says plenty about the hunger of the GWS players. A hungry team is a dangerous team.

Yeah, must be pretty average to finish in the top 4 two years running. What are your thoughts on the other 14 coaches in the competition?

If you’re going to make that statement, at least back it up with some evidence - when you say he exhibits selfish egotistical traits as a coach - what are they?

I saw him play from when he was a kid and i don't need to justify my opinions.

I saw him play from when he was a kid and i don't need to justify my opinions.
You said he exhibits the same flaws as a coach. You’re obviously talking s**t with a response like that. If you’re going to make a claim, back it up otherwise your BS will get called out. Hero.

Grundy dominated the hitouts 78-16 and 14-5 to advantage, the Giants won clearances 54-35 and outscored the Magpies 29-8 from those clearances.

Thats a damning stat for your mid coach.

The jobs done by De Boer and also the more unsung young Perryman were really decisive, I reckon.
Whether there’s an impact of the double-up bye or not, no idea, and it doesn’t change anything, GWS stifled the midfield very effectively for most of the day.
Thought Perryman was a standout, personally, used the ball well etc., but was huge in tackling and pressuring.

Back