Review Collingwood v Hawthorn postmatch

Remove this Banner Ad

Few things we got to get better at against their style;

Forwards take the front
Backs take the back
Don't all get sucked in to the ball, hang on the outside like half their team does

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seeing Ball walk off has hit me harder than I thought it would.

This is probably the saddest I've felt after a retirement.

Cheers for everything Bally.

Ball = premiership player as a pie. Thank you.

Half the team = hustle players with little talent, role players.

In a strong system team, especially defensively... It may work. But on a team who are middle of the road at best defensively and offensively, it's a dead end.

Unless the youth step it up or Buckley implements a system... Like the 2004 Eagles or Swans basically ugly football, where not so skilled players have big impact, the pies need to trade a handful of players ASAP.

Happy with the kids.
Hawks skills and hardness came into the game like I thought it would (expected it from the start but the boys tried)

Images of Ball finishing making me cry like a baby girl.
Hawks dismantled the Pies not because of hardness...

Skills yeah..

But also just familiarity with each other, the Pies all year long looks like a team who are playing first time together. Actually it's been the last 2-3 years the Pies have games where they look like a bunch of rookies who doesn't know their team mates much.

The constant delivery of the footy to players under pressure and disadvantaged is a head scratcher.

I'm baffled why they never or rarely connect off a lead or off a clean setup.

Just goes to show all the little things add up, Didn't capitalize in the first quarter, Fas misses an easy one, White misses 2 easy ones, 2 dodgy calls that cost us goals.
Been the story all year, you need to be pro-active every minute of every game.

He had
Well done Blair. Junk time goal to ice your monumental 7 touches on a night we were begging for senior players to stand up. Epic spud.

He had a bad game...

But have you ever played with team mates who are so bad that you don't even get a chance at the ball much because the other team dominated.

Blair was bad, but he was never a leader, he always benefitted with classy team mates... How do you expect him to play with a bunch of rookies/kids?

He ain't Pendles... Never was.

He had

He had a bad game...

But have you ever played with team mates who are so bad that you don't even get a chance at the ball much because the other team dominated.

Blair was bad, but he was never a leader, he always benefitted with classy team mates... How do you expect him to play with a bunch of rookies/kids?

He ain't Pendles... Never was.
Well...if you listened to Buckley's interview on ABC a couple of weeks back, he is expecting players like Blair and Lumumba to step up with the loss of so much senior experience.

God help us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back