FOL COXY, Pendles352, Jaicos

IC Lipinski, Bianco, John F*cking Noble, Ginni

EMG Ollie, LittleBrown, Trey, Josh Carmichael

Them

Lush%2BCotton%2BVelvet%2BSquare%2BCushion.jpg

The Game

No surprise Port are unhinged stalkers when it comes to our jumper

They are a boil of inadequacy bandaged in irrelevance

They have won 1 premiership in first grade, celebrated by Chocko choking himself

This minnow club is filled with self-loathing - how else would Kochie be President ?

Watch the seagulls descend on the G to feast on the chips on their shoulders

Our club and boys are not fragile petals

How many times have you watched the video of Jamie's kick and the team going mental ?

As exhilarating as these finishes are, we are ready for a four-quarter performance

It's coming this week

Crispy to charge all day

Adams to extract like a dentist wanting a holiday house

Johnson to run amok and nail 6

10 in a row

Collingwood by 64 points

Teal. How did a proud working class club end up with teal in their jumpers? I know what they really wanted, but in one of the biggest ever dummy spits by an AFL club, they opted for - teal.

I wanted them to win the flag in 2004, but when they ran though a gigantic banner made of teal crepe paper, I was concerned. But to their credit, they overcame that setback.

I predicted a massive Pies win last week. I just had the date wrong.

I predicted last week we would win. It would either be a nailbiter and we win by one kick, or a blow-out and we’ll win by two kicks.

I guess it was the former.

I reckon this week will be a closer game than last week …

… we goal and level the scores with 39 seconds left on the clock. The alarms go off and there’s a mass evacuation of the Shane Warne stand. It takes 20 minutes for the game to resume. Port get the Centre clearance and kick it forward. Murphy takes a courageous mark on the last line, but gets flattened late. 50 meters. Clock stops. Nathan ‘rubber band man’ Murphy gets up and runs out his 50 meters. But with 3 seconds left on the clock the umpire blows the whistle again - incursion on the mark - another 50. Siren sounds. Murphy is 70 meters out. He launches a torpedo that’s off target, it lands 10 meters short …

… Port players frantically rush to block it …

… but the ball skids just inside the point post to break the deadlock.

Last edited:

They are a boil of inadequacy bandaged in irrelevance

This week, the prose on the board has been mighty but the piece by Walt hit new peaks.

Last edited:
Poetry
"Watch the seagulls descend on the G to feast on the chips on their shoulders"
Ben Reid Ballet Vibes

after so many poor games where we have only played in patches, i think this week is a litmus test for us.

I've been waiting for us to come out super flat, but maybe North was that game?

Port are a much better team than their ladder indicates and they were up to their eyeballs at 3qtr time last week.

Play well (for more than 30 mins), put the game away and i'll have some belief.
Play badly and i think this has the potential to unravel quickly with the games we have coming up.

This week will define what's to come in our season in a lot of ways.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

after so many poor games where we have only played in patches, i think this week is a litmus test for us.

I've been waiting for us to come out super flat, but maybe North was that game?

Port are a much better team than their ladder indicates and they were up to their eyeballs at 3qtr time last week.

Play well (for more than 30 mins), put the game away and i'll have some belief.
Play badly and i think this has the potential to unravel quickly with the games we have coming up.

This week will define what's to come in our season in a lot of ways.
A touch pessimistic there TVI7😊 given we’ve already beaten two out of the last 3 teams we play this year with Sydney very winnable. I actually feel Port are more likely to unravel, particularly if they feel the season’s done. Hinkley’s been at the helm for a decade and I wouldn’t be surprised if some players start checking out early. Plus it’s on our home turf. Ginni to kick 4. Port to start looking for a new coach😊.

A touch pessimistic there TVI7😊 given we’ve already beaten two out of the last 3 teams we play this year with Sydney very winnable. I actually feel Port are more likely to unravel, particularly if they feel the season’s done. Hinkley’s been at the helm for a decade and I wouldn’t be surprised if some players start checking out early. Plus it’s on our home turf. Ginni to kick 4. Port to start looking for a new coach😊.
Just a touch!!

I just think we are middle of the road and I think we can gain confidence if we play well. Conversely lose a lot of it if we don’t given what is coming up.

Port won’t check out early. They are a good team.

First 10 mins will tell the story of our day….

Just a touch!!

I just think we are middle of the road and I think we can gain confidence if we play well. Conversely lose a lot of it if we don’t given what is coming up.

Port won’t check out early. They are a good team.

First 10 mins will tell the story of our day….
I’m rating us higher than middle of the road and don’t think we’ll drop our bundle even if we suffered a loss. Have seen about 5 minutes of Port this year so will have to take your word for them being a good team. Their record suggests something is missing for them this year though. Here’s hoping👍

I’m rating us higher than middle of the road and don’t think we’ll drop our bundle even if we suffered a loss. Have seen about 5 minutes of Port this year so will have to take your word for them being a good team. Their record suggests something is missing for them this year though. Here’s hoping👍

I said in another thread I’ve been trying to work out whether we’re any good…we are hard to play against. So that’s a good sign.
Port were rubbish in the first 4 weeks. Lost by a kick to blues and have been pretty good since. No easy beats.

Will be a really good test for us to see if we’re up and about….I hope we are!!!!
Because if we do well, it will give us a heap of confidence to have gotten through a bad patch….

Maybe I’m just used to the previous regime of self motivation….time will tell!!!

Happy to see JDG back in the side. Love McRae's enthusiasm of having him back, so I'm expecting a big game from him.

Bit concerned that Henry has fallen out of favour with match committee. We've lost Mihocek and Henry who are our 1st and 3rd leading goal kickers this year, and Ginnivan's had a quieter patch of form recently. Going to be asking a lot of Elliott, Johnson and Ginnivan to fill the void.

Disappointed that Carmichael is not in the starting line up as his big bodied presence would have been good against Port. I wonder whether they're concerned he won't be able to run the game out.

Port are similar to Essendon. Very poor in the first five rounds, but have been a solid team since though they've been playing catch up all year to play finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back