HB Hyphen, Darce, Pendles

C Johnny F*cking Noble, Taylor Adams, Jaicos

HF Sidey, Brody, Bobby

FF Jamie, Cameron, Naicos

FOL McStay, Jordy, Crispy

IC Brownlow Tom, RamBeau, Murph, COX

EMG Bianco, Trey, Reef, JC

PORT ADELAIDE: SELF-LOATHING WRAPPED IN INSECURITY

The best thing to happen to the hamlet of Port Adelaide was Stuey Dew eating its serial killers.

The AUKUS subs deal has trumped this.

Port Adelaide will be the repository, suppository if you prefer, of the subs’ nuclear waste. The resulting mutations will double the IQ of the slack-jawed frothers who try to hum to INXS.

Getty Images mutant stock photo 3,145,678 downloads:

David Koch is furious with Jack Watts.

Imagine detesting your club's jumper? The frothers have form: sequentially abandoning blue and white, pink and white, magenta and blue – all lovely combos for a 4-star Kuta resort towel – before adopting their prison drab for a stint. Several times a year, these relevance mongers whine because they chose throw-cushion-teal. As my late father said, ‘what a pack of d*ckheads!’

3 REASONS WHY WE ARE WINNING – Off the field

Jarrod Wade

r157_0_760_340_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

He looks like the plumber who fixed our sewage pipe on Xmas Eve for a fair price. He has a peoples’ beard. And he has the team capable of outlasting anyone.

Daicosery

Meet the Daicoses: Peter, Maddie, Nick, Josh and Colleen after Nick was drafted last year.

Seeing Peter hug the whole team as they entered the changing rooms last week was magnificent. This family is cultural gold within the club.

Fly

r0_0_800_600_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

This bloke can coach.

WHY WE WILL WIN – On the field

Scott Pendlebury is so smart he could get 30 possessions, coach the team, and teach the frother’s cheer squad to read by three-quarter-time.

Tom Mitchell will be the bargain recruit of 2023. He extracts like a Double Bay dentist and is the perfect mentor for our junior mids.

Norm Smith is Jordy’s destiny. Another 3 goals this week and a calm night on Insta.

Nick Daicos to kick a couple as Fly out-manoeuvres Potato Head’s tagger.

McStay, I’m still on your bandwagon.

Another entertaining day of run and attack through the corridor.

2 in a row

Collingwood by 64 points

Magnificent Walt, one of your best.

I’m sulking because I’m in Brisbane for the weekend for a family ‘do’, and I won’t see us win by 24 points tomorrow. Boo hoo.

On the important topic of ‘why we are winning’, thank you for highlighting the invisible man, Wade. He’s our secret ingredient, our stealth bomber. He brings something no one else has or can see. He makes us fit and he doesn’t cause soft tissue injuries. For these two reasons we should sign him up for the rest of the century.

Magnificent Walt, one of your best.

I’m sulking because I’m in Brisbane for the weekend for a family ‘do’, and I won’t see us win by 24 points tomorrow. Boo hoo.

On the important topic of ‘why we are winning’, thank you for highlighting the invisible man, Wade. He’s our secret ingredient, our stealth bomber. He brings something no one else has or can see. He makes us fit and he doesn’t cause soft tissue injuries. For these two reasons we should sign him up for the rest of the century.
I hope he never reveals his secrets

Looking forward to a real saturday arvo game. Early start, fished the change of the tide and picked up a nice gummy shark so a short nap is in order before morning chores and beers with lunch and settle in to watch the footy. Nice change.

Just got on a plane in North Carolina heading for Puerto Rico. 3.5 hours flight then 2 hours in car to Rincon. Should get there just in time for game. Hope Wifi is good and WatchAFL kicks in.

Big match as we want to get the 1 out 1 back possie early in the season. Want to see ND star, Billy look the business and Jamie smash the scoreboard. A win and 3 more Brownlow votes for JDG to top off the day.

Go Pies

Just got on a plane in North Carolina heading for Puerto Rico. 3.5 hours flight then 2 hours in car to Rincon. Should get there just in time for game. Hope Wifi is good and WatchAFL kicks in.

Big match as we want to get the 1 out 1 back possie early in the season. Want to see ND star, Billy look the business and Jamie smash the scoreboard. A win and 3 more Brownlow votes for JDG to top off the day.

Go Pies
Safe travels GC, sounds amazing

Go Pies
Nice 👍

Go Pies

Don’t get separated from your tour group.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think Port can replicate what they did last week.
400+ disposals
65 inside 50’s
36 shots on goal
47 clearances
+34 contested possessions
19 CONTESTED MARKS!

Dixon & Aliir had 10 contested marks between them.

Crazy numbers.

I think today might be Dan McStay’s day.

Ports defence is very small. Aliir is their biggest defender at 194cms.

Their next biggest defender is Ryan Burton at 191cms, who’s a flanker.

If the weather stays clear, I think we’ll expose their defence today.

With Grandkids today ( love them ) but would have been an ideal Saturday game for me, a little nervous with all the hype but should get this done. I was in Bali last year when we came from behind at the G against last time

Funny, early afternoon Pies we’re second favorites for the flag, after last night we’ve dropped to equal third?

We win this convincingly, reckon we will be outright!

ee075ccced236f597234392c40325891.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m excited to be heading to the G today for my first football outing for the year seeing as I got derailed by the rona last weekend. We should be too strong and swift for Port but they’re no easy beats, hoping for big games from Jamie, Checkers and McStay off the back of consistent delivery out of the middle from Mitchell, DeGoey and Adams.

Go Pies! :collingwood:

On the train out of Frankston heading to the city, and there's already a few fellow Pies supporters on board. Not going to the game but will be watching at a birthday later today. Pies by 27.

I’m excited to be heading to the G today for my first football outing for the year seeing as I got derailed by the rona last weekend. We should be too strong and swift for Port but they’re no easy beats, hoping for big games from Jamie, Checkers and McStay off the back of consistent delivery out of the middle from Mitchell, DeGoey and Adams.

Go Pies! :collingwood:

The Spec Mod blue suits you😁

Finally finished analysing the Port v Lions game. Regardless of how listless the Lions were a week ago, I thought it would be useful to look at when and how Port both got and conceded scoring shots.

Firstly, before I get to scoring chains and shots at goal (including those that go out of bounds or on the full) - this was a stoppage heavy game, at least in the first half. Adelaide oval is thin and as I’ve always thought - there are so many more boundary throw ins than at any other ground.

So here’s the break down of stoppages for the game:

85 stoppages

• 4 centre bounces to start each qtr.
  • 29 centre bounces from goal restarts.
  • 46 stoppages from boundary throw in (32 in 1st half).
  • 6 ball ups in play.

Basically, in my view boundary throw ins at Adelaide allow Port to slow the game down and constantly re-set from set play. It also helps them stop teams from going thru the middle as they continually get structured and cover up the huge flaws they have in their defence and game style.

Port just love a stink fest of Contested ball and long kicks to no one, intercepts and rebound fwd entries. A pure territory based game.

Brisbane rarely looked to play quick or switch flanks and got caught kicking long down the boundary. Every time they moved quick, which wasn’t often, Port wilted.

86 stoppages also gives Port players recovery time. Time to breath and suck the air in. The other thing I’d point out is Port v Lions only had 6 ball ups around the ground. Neither side tackled.

Neither 46 boundary throw ins, nor time to breathe will be on offer today at MCG. Our frontal pressure is immense compared to what Lions served up. So this plays in our favour hugely as we play in the middle and actually tackle. So just based on this game being at MCG - we are already in the box seat.

Now to scoring chains and conceding goals.

Port got:

• most of their scoring shots in 1st five minutes of a quarter.
  • most of their scoring came from front half turnovers.
  • 14 scoring shots started from boundary throw ins.
  • Most of their scoring shots (28) were from 30, 40 and 50 meters out.
  • Scoring shots were from the middle (15) and right side of the posts (16) and from marks (23).
  • Only 5 scoring shots came from centre bounce clearance

Port conceded:

• Most lions scoring shots in red time.
  • Most lions scoring shots came from Defensive half and defensive 50 (Port can leak coast to coast).
  • Most lions scoring started with a free kick (Port can be undisciplined).
  • Most scoring shots were in “free” play (Port do not always respond well to chaos or fluid ball movement)
  • Most lions scoring shots were from 20 (5), 30 (3) and 40 (3) meters out (Port can concede scores close to goal)
  • Goals from middle and left of the goals.

In summary, Port has a very structured style heavily reliant on stoppages. They can hide the fact their back 6 are ordinary at Adelaide oval with constant boundary stoppages and lock teams in on the flanks that don’t move the ball across the ground quickly. I don’t think you can do that on MCG against the no.1 side for ball movement.

On top of this. Collingwood has 4 key tall options of 192, 195, 201 and 211cm. Port has one key def tall at 194cm.

So if you take away Ports strengths - Contested ball, stoppages to reset and ensure the game has quick ball movement - what have Port got to beat us with? Not much.

If Port take away our strengths and they keep the ball in their fwd half all game - what have Collingwood got to beat Port? Just revert to 2022 and rely on scores from defensive half and rebound 50.

We have at least two ways to win this game. Plan A - break even at stoppage and get the ball ins50 or Plan B - counter from the back half and run Port ragged.

Port have Plan A - stoppage, Contested ball and trapping the ball inside fwd half and repeat ins50s. That’s Geelongs gameplan. And they don’t do it as well.

So what I’m really saying is Fly’s system is miles ahead of Hinkley’s. Obviously, it won’t mean s**t if our players don’t execute or turn up though.

Barring injury and our players being complacent or having woeful days - I maintain our system is better than Ports system to the tune of 24-38 points. This margin factors in our hiccups in defence that I think we will iron out over the season just like 2022.

If we turn it on defensively, I’ve no doubt we we have the opportunity for a 50+ point win. Just having checked Sportsbet, I can now see why we are favoured to win by 25+ points.

Beauty of Fly is he puts us in a position to win before a ball is even bounced. Can’t say that about our last coach. Players were hamstrung by the gameplan. Somehow, I still managed a dig at the old coach too! Quite chuffed about that haha

Go Pies!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back