Toast Collingwood v Richmond at Victoria Park, 12th March, 3.10pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Match to be televised on 7Mate as well as the Kayo or AFLW site.

A must win game if they want to play finals if WB win and we lose.

Ladder position as they stand:

2022-03-11_171959.jpg

• Collingwood just needs to win in order to secure its place in finals, but that's not such a simple task when coming up against Richmond. The Pies have found more attack over the last fortnight off the back of Ruby Schleicher’s drive from defence and direct ball movement through the corridor, but it will be that battle in the back half that will be key to this game. While Collingwood likes to launch its attack from the defensive half, Richmond is particularly damaging once it is able to get the ball forward. If the Tigers can take advantage of the time the ball spends in their forward line – as they have managed to do for much of this year – they will give the Pies a run for their money.
  • Despite Collingwood being the side sitting in sixth place on the ladder, Richmond is averaging more points per game with 37.2. Katie Brennan’s 15 goals make up 30.6 per cent of Richmond’s goals this year, and Brennan is one of just two players to have kicked a goal in every game this year. It’s important that the Pies don’t allow Brennan to find any space inside 50, especially now that Courtney Wakefield is back in the side drawing the eye of defenders.
  • Richmond will challenge, but ultimately Collingwood will secure its place in finals. Collingwood by 10 points.

Big outs for the Tiges. No excuses for us tomorrow.

COLLINGWOOD

B:
L.Butler 23 S.Livingstone 12
HB: A.Porter 9 R.Schleicher 18 J.Allen 6
C: A.Velardo 5 J.Lambert 13 S.Rowe 7
HF: S.Alexander 24 C.Molloy 2 T.Brown 26
F: S.Frederick 1 E.James 20
Foll: A.Downie 30 M.Cann 25 S.Chiocci - C 17
I/C: E.Fowler 15 A.Moloney 40 A.Newman 16 A.Sheridan 14 S.Casey 22

Emerg: E.O'Dea 50 I.Barnett 4

In: A.Newman
Out: E.O'Dea (Omitted)

RICHMOND

B:
S.D'Arcy 12 R.Miller 15
HB: B.Lynch 32 S.Sansonetti 18 M.Shevlin 35
C: K.Dempsey 19 M.Kiely 31 S.Molan 1
HF: E.Yassir 27 M.Brancatisano 5 C.Bernardi 6
F: T.Stahl 24 C.Wakefield 8
Foll: G.Seymour 28 E.McKenzie 22 M.Conti - C 4
I/C: K.Jacques 10 S.Dargan 17 M.Macdonald 38 P.Kelly 14 A.Makur Chuot 34

Emerg: I.Houtsma 36 S.Reid 25

In: T.Stahl, K.Jacques, S.Dargan, M.Macdonald
Out: J.Hosking (Suspension), S.Hosking (Injured), K.Brennan (Injured), T.Lavey (Managed)

Question for those who attend AFLW games: How early do you have to arrive to get a car park relatively close to Victoria Park?

Question for those who attend AFLW games: How early do you have to arrive to get a car park relatively close to Victoria Park?

Pretty early. I park in Johnston Street, and mostly have no problems finding a spot in reasonable walking distance to VP. I don’t even bother to try to get one in the streets around the ground.

I'm blessed I can walk to vic park in 5 minutes haha.

Went there tonight to have a kick around with a friend, totally forgetting the girls were training, so we ended up watching some of the session. Good vibe.

No roughy to be seen though. But Hartley is very popular amongst the group.

If we cant win this convincingly then we will just be making up the numbers next week.
Id expect a hard tag on Schleicher, if so a move in and out of the midfeild would be a good move.
Works for Malloy.
Hopefully the likes of Livingston, Sabrina , James , sheridan all are up on confidence after a good couple of weeks.
We will need a total team effort from here to have any chance of going deep.
Go pieklets

Stacey Livingstone reminds me a lot of Simon Prestigiacomo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good comprehensive victory.
If Carlton can somehow beat Melbourne tonight (unlikely I know) we could have a final in Melbourne next week.

Sherridan great today 22 disp, Rowe gut running both ways fantastic and tackling with purpose, at last Livingston looking like a player iagain. Frederick looking a lot more switched on.
Lambert tough, skillfull racked them up.
Schleicher continues on her merry way to another AA selection.
Alexa der finding some form

Lets hope Allen and Casey dont miss any games or its really going to make it tough.
They should be proud of this season with who they have out.

They did very well to make the finals with our best 2 players injured with ACL's.

And a third member of our best 8-10 player group off playing netball for the full season. Any team will struggle with 3x top 10 players missing.

sheridan and cann have done a good job. Maloney has settled in more and Veldaro is showing more each week. Casey got reported for being too tough and she dished it out again a bit later. The umpires blow the whistle when they see something that looks violent... even more so than the men.

Talking about umpires, 41 free kicks were dished out.... probably at least 30 were for holding the ball, maybe more. It's no surprise that players are learning to let their opponents go for the ball first... and yet tackling players are still crawling all over their opponents. There are moments where a group of players will stand and just look at the ball with no one going for it...

Another great display by our team. They are really playing with gusto at the right end of the season.
Go get em girls!

Watching the replay:

Too many people ex-Pies in the Richmond team.☹️

Importance of Ruby S aided and abetted by her partners in defence Butler, Allen and the old warrior, Livingstone.

Eliza James is a player.

We’re improving at the right end of the season, girls like Sheridan getting better each week, but our chances have been cruelled by injuries.

How good is playing AFLW at Vic Park? It’s become a fortress for us, just like it was for our men. Madness that we didn’t play there in the first two AFL seasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back