Game Day Collingwood v Richmond March 31 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Welcome to the Game Day Thread, delivered a day early.

The mods might not be happy with this massive breach of protocol, but I like to test boundaries. Gone Critical - the worst of the mods - is in Puerto Rico on a human trafficking holiday, so he won't notice. And the rest of them are still on their "We Got Rid of Jathanas" MDMA/ayahuasca bender, so it's game on.

Walt asked me to step in due to him being unavailable due to “artistic fatigue”. What this means is that because everyone likes saying “Johnny Flucken Noble”, but no one gives Walt credit for coming up with the term(so he says), the little mincer is in a huff.

The teams? There’s an app for that. They aren’t out yet. Might update this when they do come out.

Tiggies have their outs. We thought we should make it fair by also eliminating players late in the week.

Miho’s ouchy finger always looked pretty serious. He wouldn’t voluntarily leave the ground without being able to see his finger bone.

Cox – damaged organ – every chance the big giraffe’s bung lung was self-induced.

For now, I reckon it’ll be Reef the Chief Beef and AJ the Destroyer to come in.

Onto the game.

Them

I hate Richmond. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hated ‘em before their recent successes, hate ‘em more now. There is something deficient in their supporters. No style, no class. Abysmal winners.

Very hard to get any banter going without them going straight to their recent 3 flags. Yes, well done and all that, but it’s not going to make for much fun conversation if you go straight there.

Have recently spent a bit of time on the Richmond board, just to get my eye in for this thread. A less interesting band of posters you would not find. I have had more stimulating exchanges with telemarketers from the sub-continent. Although, to be fair, when the telemarketers do agree to answer my questions about what they are wearing, things can pretty quickly get pretty racy.

The only silver lining about Richmond’s recent success is that it revealed the evil in its supporters to those who were hitherto unaware. I was not one of those people.

Some Richmond Players

Nathan Broad – well, the one thing he will be remembered for in retirement won't be this current suspension.

Samson Ryan – my Lord, who calls their kid Samson? And wouldn’t you know it, he has long hair.

Tim Taranto – so glad we didn’t sign him. Even though AFL Tables tells me you had 60 touches in two games, I didn’t really want you.

Jack Riewoldt – if his career was a nightclub, he is now at the point where the music has stopped, the bright lights are on and it turns out that the blonde at the bar who is a really good kisser is actually a man in a dress named Derek. Time to leave Jack.

Tom Lynch – the Pride of the Sorrento Sharks did a number on Darcy last year. I am sure our Capitan will not need reminding that this is a favour that needs returning.

Trent Cotchin – another one whose career is on the stink. The little man with Lego hair is spending less and less time on the field as the Tigers nurse him to 300 games.

Shai Bolton – haven’t seen a head that punchable since I last looked in the mirror. First two games looked like someone has become very comfortable after inking a 5 year deal. No threat.

Dimma – 300 games coached. Well done, but this is the season you will lose the players. They only liked you when they were flag contenders. Now you are back to mediocrity, they will soon discover things like you spending the twilight of your playing career teaching Kane Cornes how to be a bad bloke on the footy field.

Us

Fly is a shapeshifter. Our chaos ball delivery will ensure that our alterations in personnel will not be overly disruptive.

Looking forward to seeing Reef McInnes show us his wares over a full game. We might have something here.

Big Dan McStay has become ultra important with the loss of Miho and Cox. We may well see the likes of JDG and Handsome Jamie doing more work on the lead.

Prediction

This game is going to be massive. AFL had the crowd estimate at 88k on Monday. With a bit of luck we go higher.

Will Dimma tag Nicky D? Just try muthaflucka. See what happens.

Congratulations to Jack Crisp who tonight equals Jock McHale's mark of 191 consecutive games, equal 7th all time. Outstanding. Old Jock still has the record for the Pies as the first 6 of Jack's came at the Lions. Crispy will take that mantle later this year.

Result

Pies by 78, 77 if it’s wet.

GO PIES

The mods might not be happy with this massive breach of protocol, but I like to test boundaries. Gone Critical - the worst of the mods - is in Puerto Rico on a human trafficking holiday, so he won't notice. And the rest of them are still on their "We Got Rid of Jathanas" MDMA/ayahuasca bender, so it's game on.

Walt asked me to step in due to him being unavailable due to “artistic fatigue”. What this means is that because everyone likes saying “Johnny Flucken Noble”, but no one gives Walt credit for coming up with the term(so he says), the little mincer is in a huff.

The teams? There’s an app for that. They aren’t out yet. Might update this when they do come out.

Tiggies have their outs. We thought we should make it fair by also eliminating players late in the week.

Miho’s ouchy finger always looked pretty serious. He wouldn’t voluntarily leave the ground without being able to see his finger bone.

Cox – damaged organ – every chance the big giraffe’s bung lung was self-induced.

Onto the game.

Them

I hate Richmond. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hated ‘em before their recent successes, hate ‘em more now. There is something deficient in their supporters. No style, no class. Abysmal winners.

Very hard to get any banter going without them going straight to their recent 3 flags. Yes, well done and all that, but it’s not going to make for much fun conversation if you go straight there.

Have recently spent a bit of time on the Richmond board, just to get my eye in for this thread. A less interesting band of posters you would not find. I have had more stimulating exchanges with telemarketers from the sub-continent. Although, to be fair, when the telemarketers do agree to answer my questions about what they are wearing, things can pretty quickly get pretty racy.

The only silver lining about Richmond’s recent success is that it revealed the evil in its supporters to those who were hitherto unaware. I was not one of those people.

Some Richmond Players

Nathan Broad – well, the one thing he will be remembered for in retirement won't be this current suspension.

Samson Ryan – my Lord, who calls their kid Samson? And wouldn’t you know it, he has long hair.

Tim Taranto – so glad we didn’t sign him. Even though AFL Tables tells me you had 60 touches in two games, I didn’t really want you.

Jack Riewoldt – if his career was a nightclub, he is now at the point where the music has stopped, the bright lights are on and it turns out that the blonde at the bar who is a really good kisser is actually a man in a dress named Derek. Time to leave Jack.

Tom Lynch – the Pride of the Sorrento Sharks did a number on Darcy last year. I am sure our Capitan will not need reminding that this is a favour that needs returning.

Trent Cotchin – another one whose career is on the stink. The little man with Lego hair is spending less and less time on the field as the Tigers nurse him to 300 games.

Shai Bolton – haven’t seen a head that punchable since I last looked in the mirror. First two games looked like someone has become very comfortable after inking a 5 year deal. No threat.

Dimma – 300 games coached. Well done, but this is the season you will lose the players. They only liked you when they were flag contenders. Now you are back to mediocrity, they will soon discover things like you spending the twilight of your playing career teaching Kane Cornes how to be a bad bloke on the footy field.

Us

Fly is a shapeshifter. Our chaos ball delivery will ensure that our alterations in personnel will not be overly disruptive.

Looking forward to seeing Reef McInnes show us his wares over a full game. We might have something here.

Big Dan McStay has become ultra important with the loss of Miho and Cox. We may well see the likes of JDG and Handsome Jamie doing more work on the lead.

Prediction

This game is going to be massive. AFL had the crowd estimate at 88k on Monday. With a bit of luck we go higher.

Congratulations to Jack Crisp who tonight equals Jock McHale's mark of 191 consecutive games, equal 7th all time. Outstanding. Old Jock still has the record for the Pies as the first 6 of Jack's came at the Lions. Crispy will take that mantle later this year.

Result

GO PIES
Shame you didn't bring this wit to our board :(

Onto the game.

Them

Some Richmond Players

Us

Prediction

Result

GO PIES

Great write-up, love the humour. Going by the weather forecast it will be wet weather footy so I reckon we'll win by 20 points. Go Pies!!!

Onto the game.

Them

Some Richmond Players

Us

Prediction

Result

GO PIES
Great work, gave me more than a few chuckles.

I agree with you that Richmond supporters are amongst the worst. Despite the aforementioned three recent flags, they've manufactured an air of victimhood & are convinced that any loss is a result of some anti-richmond mentality by the AFL, the umpires, the kid working at the pie stand anyone else they can blame. It almost detracts from the enjoyment of beating them. Almost.

I'm not as confident as OP in predicting this game. We look like we may be a few players short of our best team, and the tiges have a couple games to study now and develop a plan to counter our style.

I'm expecting a hard fought win, with a few junk time goals at the end to win by 18 points.

OUT: Cox Mihochek McInnes (sub)
IN: McInness Johnson Carmichael (sub)

McStay and Frampton to help in ruck when Cameron needs a break.

I think this will be v.close. Pies by 8pts.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I admire the way you play, it's like we used to, just without the flags attached and not quite as good.

Tigs by 78 (79 if its wet)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

... And the rest of them are still on their "We Got Rid of Jathanas" MDMA/ayahuasca bender, so it's game on.

This hurt. Because it's true. :(

Excellent work. If only you used your genius for good.

P.S: My info on GC's trip to Puerto Rico is that he's looking for an effective hitman. Apparently one of his brothers is a complete ar*e.

Hardwick’s behaviour in the coach’s box during games is concerning. He retreats into the shadows at the back of the box so the cameras can’t pick him up. Why? Is he trying to hide? Is he crying?
He’s such a sulk and a sook.

Come out, come out, wherever you are.

Come see the Pies win by 24 points.

Onto the game.

Them

Some Richmond Players

Us

Prediction

Result

GO PIES
Quality OP, would read again. Particularly the first couple of paragraphs.

According to the team sheet on the website, we’ve named As Johnson in the ruck and Cameron at half forward 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back