AFLW Collingwood v Richmond Saturday March 12, 3.10 pm Victoria Park

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty much agree the players you listed are under the pump.
I’d be surprised if they didn’t keep Hannah Burchell on the list. They usually support players through their ACL recoveries. Sophie Molan probably needed a better season but she had injury issues early on. I think there will be discussions about her given she was in and out of the side.

I noticed that Sophie Locke has now been officially listed on our team list so maybe they’ve taken the opportunity to list her now and not have to use a draft pick. She has been given #21. Will be interesting to see if she stays there. If she has another great VFLW season might be a shrewd move.

Of course this means that there will be quite a juggling act when those on the injury list return. Not sure we’ll keep Ross. Jess Hosking has taken her spot.

You would think Meg McDonald would be kept but I wouldn’t put my house on it. It’s just so tough with a list of only 30. I’d like to see her in the yellow and black next year. Beth Lynch definitely. Peterson hasn’t played so I think she will go back to VFLW.

Very sad for Hannah McLaren. Really good performer in VFLW but has been really unlucky. Would have made her debut this year if not for illness.

Some really tough decisions to be made as the list still isn’t good enough and we need to clear list spots. I expect we will again go hard trade wise to fill gaps and this has served us brilliantly over the last couple of years.

That's some good news right there TM2.

Molan could not possibly stay unless pulls something quite amazing our of the bag today - I'm sure you are working on that in the background - every time I put the pencil through, you get them up.

Ross gone I would think, Burchell stays unless the quick season turn around affects that for one season only - Tiges will back her the following season if so - it's what we do.

Two new Vic sides make it interesting (in a bad way). Trades will be harder, draft depth a bit slimmer (maybe). You would think Dargan was on shaky ground but she still might be better the last on our list, and whatever is still available - remember we have Reid and Houtsma still a long way off it.

If there was enough depth available I would cull Molan and Jacques (try and trade) Ross, Dargan, McLaren, check on how McLelland and Bernardi are traveling injury wise. Would even put Stahl on notice - BUT, just not sure there will that much available in a shortened off season with the Draft girls having Year12 school issues too maybe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back