Game Day Collingwood V St Kilda at Victoria Park, Saturday January 15th, 3.10 Watch on Ch7, Kayo, Fox or AFLW/AFL site

Remove this Banner Ad

you must have loved our irish boys then.....former irish boys, i should say
I never Rated then Very Highly.

Though Rowe and Sherridin been Really Good so far this Season

Sabrina Fredrick is providing a strong presence in the forward line. She is built like a fridge and is unstoppable in the marking contests.
Frederick’s agility isn’t great, but she’s difficult to move and rarely beaten. Despite that lack of agility she never gave up and kept fighting for it at ground level today. We got at least one goal from such efforts today.

Our girls were poor and our depth already stretched. That said St Kilda aren’t at the grade and will probably go on to win the spoon.

St Kilda are very ordinary and we were a level above. Not sure I agree that we were poor, but our footy hasn’t yet reached the heights of 2021. Losing Bri last week, and Chiocci before this game may have dented our confidence.

Very pleased with the growth in some players, I liked the debutant Barnett, the Irish girls are delivering, Ruby is killing it and is very popular with the fans, our defence is like a brick wall, and we have two of the best midfielders in Lambert and Bonnici.

But as I’ve posted before, I think the loss of a player of Davey’s calibre will really hurt us when we come up against the best sides.

I would have Butler up there as well. She controls that HB line, and matches up well even against taller opposition players.
If only Bulter and Allen had been available for the final last year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While st kilda were poor, I thought our skills were very good.Had some errors in the 2nd half and dropped the game a little, but overall, quite pleased.
And I gotta say, no molloy. No Bri. No Choicci. No problem. I wasn't sure how we would go, but our midfield has more depth now than it would have a few years back.

Was very pleased at Bonnici and Lambert having great games. Cann stepping up. Allen. Sheridan. O'Dea. I really liked the way James moves. For someone her age, she is adapting quite well.

Our backline is elite.

Frederick’s agility isn’t great, but she’s difficult to move and rarely beaten. Despite that lack of agility she never gave up and kept fighting for it at ground level today. We got at least one goal from such efforts today.
She won me over today.
Was my first aflw game with my girls and she is now one my kids favs!!

She did something in the last that was selfless and should have resulted in a mark (Imogen dropped it)….sabs was out of position, but sprinted back to the goal square and put an awesome block on for Barnett. She actually sat two saints down in one go!! it allowed Barnett a free run at it. Was really inspiring stuff from her and showed me she will continue to have a huge impact.
Rowes kicking on both feet is so good. She runs super hard. Her smarts on the game have improved. Seeing her live, she gets into good spots all the time. But needs to learn when she’ll get used and when she won’t as she often makes small leads and blocks space for others.
EJ will be a gun. Saw enough today in her running. Once her team mates work it out, she’ll be used a lot. She’s got some wheels too!!! That play to Sheridan where she took off and had a bounce was play of the day for mine.
Just needs to clean up her first touch a little. But that will come.
Chasten was fumbly all day…not sold on her yet. But happy to give her time as she competes bloody hard and is only young.

Ps Allen is very very underrated!!

Was my first aflw game with my girls and she is now one my kids favs!!

Did your girls enjoy it? Great friendly atmosphere at the AFLW games. The clubs make a big effort, with handouts etc. While it would annoy me at AFL games, I love the music after we kick goals. I sit in the Sherrin directly behind the goals and the camaraderie amongst the fans is great fun.

Did your girls enjoy it? Great friendly atmosphere at the AFLW games. The clubs make a big effort, with handouts etc. While it would annoy me at AFL games, I love the music after we kick goals. I sit in the Sherrin directly behind the goals and the camaraderie amongst the fans is great fun.

Yeah they loved it. Good to get back
And see some live footy!!

It’s fun to watch. Fast and the skills have really gone to another level since the start. Weather like yesterday helps (very different from been freezing whilst watching mens games!!)

Yeah we were in the Sherrin stand as well. Great atmosphere and was very good to see everyone happy for saints when they kicked a goal in the last (which they deserved). Everyone seemed to be aware of where the comp is at and wants it to succeed…..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back