Collingwood v West Coast - Big Test

Remove this Banner Ad

Daring and Kennedy is likely to return this week. Simpson said on the radio after today’s game

I never put faith in players returning from injury layoffs, especially long ones.

I wouldnt bring both back in at the same time if there was close to adequate coverage.

Do we drop Vardy after one game?

Only way Eagles win is if Pies i juries concerns weakens them further with who they can get on the ground.

A huge test awaits for both Collingwood and West Coast. Collingwood have to prove they are capable of winning the flag and West Coast will have to shave off their MCG woes.

Only MCG win in the last 2 years was against Carlton earlier this season by 10 points
The only test will be how much Collingwood win by. Pies comfortably, and that's even if Darling and Kennedy do play. Eagles just aren't the same team they were a month ago.

Garry Lyon has been looking forward to this one since we started winning games.

Smashed Richmond and Port, beat GWS away, won at the G, won at Docklands etc. and all he could talk about was playing Collingwood in Rd 17. Now we'll likely play them without Kennedy, Darling and LeCras and if we lose he'll be even more of a smug w***er than usual.

Going to struggle without your home umpires
Especially as you will have your own little tame dogs on hand. This game will prove nothing. Pies have smashed WCE at the G even when they've been bottom half of the ladder so beating the Eagles minus their forward line neither proves nor disproves their premiership credentials.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should be a cracking game! If Eagles get a tall forward or 2 firing, we'll be in real strife given our backline woes. Midfield battle will be huge. Grundy v Nicnat will be awesome.

A great start to the last part of the season, so many teams still in contention.

The only test will be how much Collingwood win by. Pies comfortably, and that's even if Darling and Kennedy do play. Eagles just aren't the same team they were a month ago.
You’re funny.

Pies rarely come to Perth
They never play in tassie
They never play at Geelong

They get the easiest draw every single year .....

A huge test awaits for both Collingwood and West Coast. Collingwood have to prove they are capable of winning the flag and West Coast will have to shave off their MCG woes.

Only MCG win in the last 2 years was against Carlton earlier this season by 10 points

WCE last beat Collingwood at the G in 1995 by 4 points after the Pies gave up a 4 goal lead early in the last. Pies marked the ball 40 out literally half a second after the siren too.

WCEs record is so pathetic against Collingwood at the G even Andrew Tranquilli managed 7 goals against them in 1994. I think Brodie Holland kicked 8 himself in 2002 as well!

Lol eagle fans making excuses. No one will ever take west coast seriously until they actually beat a good side at the mcg!! When was the last time they did that??? Probably when they won the premiership in 2006! But they had to beat another interstate side to do it.

When was the last time they actually defeated a decent Victorian club at the mcg?

Actually how many Collingwood supporters were actually at that round 2 1995 game when West Coast won?

I remember in 2005 round 9 1st place west coast lost to last place Collingwood by 29pts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back