Collingwood v West Coast - Big Test

Remove this Banner Ad

Came in to say i was wrong in saying we would lose, but thats one situation where i am happy to be proven wrong.

Also wanted to say kudos to all the classy Pies supporters that came in to the WCE board and congratulated our team on winning. Great sportsmanship is always welcomed as far as i'm concerned. Good luck to you for the rest of your season. :)

Just to be clear i really think most pies supporters do not think the Pies are really top 4 quality.

Yes we understand the easy draw ect. I think you'd struggle to find many smug and confident Pies supporters. We are simply happy to be playing decent football. It seems at every corner there is some idiot screaming " THhEy AHAvenT EVEN BEaT a Top 8 SiDE BESides MelBourne"

We get it.

Honestly im not even confident we will make finals 100%. Im just happy for us to see improvement in the players.

Im spewing for West Coast losing Nic Nat because maybe they were the side to stop Richmond at the MCG

This went as I thought. The pies are the perennial pretenders and haven’t had any convincing win this season. They’ll be making up the numbers when the big boys come to play.

Tigers losing to a injury riddled gws. Proves that Richmond are on the way down which will be good to see. Thank god by the half way mark of 2019 Richmond will be drawing back to 20,000 Richmond fans to their home games.

Richmond will be well out side the 8 if they had the injuries of the pies. In the long run it will prove to be a blessing all these injuries we have had in the last 2 years as it has improved our depth.

nah, collingwood just can't get it done against decent oppo. 2018's flat track bullies

Can the mods ban
Every Richmond supporter from every thread. They are ruining big footy. Bunt of arrogant twats they are.

Richmond are getting found out quickly they will not win the premiership.

My tip is West Coast they are peaking at the right time too. Breaking their 23 year hoodoo against Collingwood who were on a 7 game Winnimg streak will give them the confidence grand final day that they can and will beat anyone.

Was a great game until 9 minutes to go in the 3rd qtr. Scores were level at 58 points each until the eagles talls just got better and better. Plenty of improvement from our guys tho as Pendles and Sidebottom had very quite games. We can and will improve with the additions of aish, Elliott and cox in the next couple of weeks. Then add Trelor before finals (if we make it)!!

The Collingwood v North Melbourne game I believe is an elimination final. If we pies win the pies will make finals if north lose it is season over. Actually if Pies lose I think they will Finnish 9th and just miss out.

Have a feeling this is to be continued later this year, A full strength Pies on the G, the eagles come no where near the pies, plain and simple. Pies vs Eagle GF preferably.

Have a feeling this is to be continued later this year, A full strength Pies on the G, the eagles come no where near the pies, plain and simple. Pies vs Eagle GF preferably.
Lol

And when is a team ever at full strength. I’d say every week, every team in the comp has a best 22 player missing through injury or suspension

Came in to say i was wrong in saying we would lose, but thats one situation where i am happy to be proven wrong.

Also wanted to say kudos to all the classy Pies supporters that came in to the WCE board and congratulated our team on winning. Great sportsmanship is always welcomed as far as i'm concerned. Good luck to you for the rest of your season. :)

Yes one thing I got from the Collingwood fans on our club board, here on the main board and even on their own club board were that they were gutted at Naitanui's ACL, genuinely complimentary of us and our game plan, and offered good discussion of the finer points of the game.

Makes a fair change from some supporter groups around these parts, that's for sure. Perhaps it's the past few years of somewhat mediocre results and constant pressure on their coach which has given them perspective and humility.

Most people know that P2 was flattering to us but to be fair, we had just beaten who was put up to get there. Any chance of beating WC died with their 3 returning forwards and was completely smashed when Cox was a late withdrawal. Up until that point I was still optimistically picking the Pies but changed my tip immediately on that news. Full credit to West Coast though, they could only beat who was put in front of them and they did an excellent job of it. Their ability to control the pace of the game after the Pies' initial onslaught was the difference and full credit to their coach for implementing his plan.

Good luck to the Eagles for the rest of the season and let's hope for good news for Nic Nat.

Mate your all class.
Hope Collingwood finish the season well.

We’d beat west coast at the G with our VFL side. We’re the best in the league, the only injury you have that counts is treloar and he would have made no difference. Collingwood have beaten no one of worth and it’s your side that has been overhyped.

So many LOLs in that post I don't know where to begin.

Yes one thing I got from the Collingwood fans on our club board, here on the main board and even on their own club board were that they were gutted at Naitanui's ACL, genuinely complimentary of us and our game plan, and offered good discussion of the finer points of the game.

Makes a fair change from some supporter groups around these parts, that's for sure. Perhaps it's the past few years of somewhat mediocre results and constant pressure on their coach which has given them perspective and humility.

Think Collingwood fans on a whole a pretty realistic. Eagles played well. Collingwood kept up with them for 2 and a half qtrs but lack of height in attack and defence and also Pendles and Sidebottom being kept quite took its toll. IMO eagles are now the team to beat. The eagles will get so much confidence out of this match breaking the clubs 23 year record. Records are near to be broken and on Sunday after Collingwood’s 7 straight wins we we’re right for the picking.

Nic Nat huge blow for you guys but I think you can cover him

We’d beat west coast at the G with our VFL side. We’re the best in the league, the only injury you have that counts is treloar and he would have made no difference. Collingwood have beaten no one of worth and it’s your side that has been overhyped.
Don’t be stupid our vfl side would be lucky to get within 10 goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This thread was pumping last week with Pies Fans dare I say “G- ing” it up

Well we came to the G and gave your mob an ass whooping ....lol

WATCHED THE REPLAY TONIGHT ...better second time

Very quiet thread this week lol

No one likes a gloating winner.

You mean a thread about a game that happened two days ago is quiet? Who'd a thunk it?

Don’t be stupid our vfl side would be lucky to get within 10 goals.
It's not stupid. Collingwood are extremely over rated. It's good they got a reality check, it was badly needed as their supporters were slowly slipping into delirium.

So many LOLs in that post I don't know where to begin.
now you know how I feel when I read nearly every collingwood post :) jokes aside, the pies were overrated by several supporters. Was good for your side as a whole to get a bit of a reality check. Might come out better for it.

It's not stupid. Collingwood are extremely over rated. It's good they got a reality check, it was badly needed as their supporters were slowly slipping into delirium.

Pies (2nd) lost to Eagles (3rd) - Pies are overrated and need a reality check

Richmond (1st) lost to GWS (10th) - :think::think::think:

July matey, the game that counts is a long way off, Pies fans are realistic, hopefully so our our lot. Tiges emmm, won 1, 1 only, you do need to put up ..

To keep that dream alive, all you will need to do is beat at least one of WC, Sydney or Richmond at their home.

Suppose that’s why they call it a dream.

Tigers losing to a injury riddled gws. Proves that Richmond are on the way down which will be good to see. Thank god by the half way mark of 2019 Richmond will be drawing back to 20,000 Richmond fans to their home games.

Richmond will be well out side the 8 if they had the injuries of the pies. In the long run it will prove to be a blessing all these injuries we have had in the last 2 years as it has improved our depth.
lol

Funny you say that. When you are at "full strength" you guys cant make finals. With injuries forcing some of the "all ways picked" to players with a point to prove and run and dare, you win games. IMO the only real outs you have of note that would improve your current side would be Trelor, Cox, Dunn and a fully fit elliot. Even then, I would still think the WC would still win as your back line is still your weakness.

Was a good game to watch I thought and there was attractive footy by both teams for good parts of the game.

Gutted for NicNat, I hope Lycett steps up as he seemed to have in that game. Good luck WCE.

I think, and I said it early in the season, that somethings clicked down at Collingwood. I used to be on the Bucks should be sacked bandwagon, doubt that I would now though because the Pies have something good to build on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back