Collingwood v West Coast - Big Test

Remove this Banner Ad

Have a feeling this is to be continued later this year, A full strength Pies on the G, the eagles come no where near the pies, plain and simple. Pies vs Eagle GF preferably.

I don’t agree with that at all

But hey that’s cool

Funny you say that. When you are at "full strength" you guys cant make finals. With injuries forcing some of the "all ways picked" to players with a point to prove and run and dare, you win games. IMO the only real outs you have of note that would improve your current side would be Trelor, Cox, Dunn and a fully fit elliot. Even then, I would still think the WC would still win as your back line is still your weakness.
"When we're full strength"?

We haven't been anywhere near full strength for years - the last four seasons at least have been littered with high injury counts.

"The only real outs that would improve you"... and you go on to list FOUR players?

That's more than some clubs have injured in total. Add in all the otherwise injured blokes and we've done extraordinarily well this season and will continue to punch above our supposed weight.

To keep that dream alive, all you will need to do is beat at least one of WC, Sydney or Richmond at their home.

Suppose that’s why they call it a dream.
To Be seen, everyone has beaten Sydney in Sydney, I cant see the pies being any different. The Tigers at the G just have a feeling the Pies will up for that one in a couple weeks. And like my post states, I wouldn't mind seeing the Eagles in the granny. I'm pretty sure If that was to happen the pies would be flying just to get there. ill rephrase it, a pies team close to full strength, will own whatever the eagles throw at the pies. Just an opinion.

"When we're full strength"?

We haven't been anywhere near full strength for years - the last four seasons at least have been littered with high injury counts.

"The only real outs that would improve you"... and you go on to list FOUR players?

That's more than some clubs have injured in total. Add in all the otherwise injured blokes and we've done extraordinarily well this season and will continue to punch above our supposed weight.

I agree with you, the pies have done well this year with the amount of injuries you have had to deal with. What i obviously did not comunicate well enough was that the silver lining of the injuries this year is that you have found some players that may not have got an oppertunity as Bucks the last few years seemed to keep picking the same type of player over and over

I agree with you, the pies have done well this year with the amount of injuries you have had to deal with. What i obviously did not comunicate well enough was that the silver lining of the injuries this year is that you have found some players that may not have got an oppertunity as Bucks the last few years seemed to keep picking the same type of player over and over
This is very true. The opportunities given to guys whom wouldn’t have had the chance otherwise is a positive, and it has seen a shift in the dynamics of the side, which has resulted in better synergy and more wins.

In saying that, and something a lot of people discount when looking at the depth of our injury list is that although player B and C aren’t up to the standard of player A, we’ve had a few player As go down, and then also not had players B and C, then relying on player D who just shouldn’t even get a look in in the first place.

When your depth is also out injured, it takes a miracle to perform and win games consistently.

Guys like Crocker, Sier and Greenwood shouldn’t be getting games, but when you’ve even got your second liners out injured, you’re forced to get desperate.

*Taking nothing away from the names above, I just don’t think they’re even top 30 when we’ve got a fully fit list.*

To Be seen, everyone has beaten Sydney in Sydney, I cant see the pies being any different. The Tigers at the G just have a feeling the Pies will up for that one in a couple weeks. And like my post states, I wouldn't mind seeing the Eagles in the granny. I'm pretty sure If that was to happen the pies would be flying just to get there. ill rephrase it, a pies team close to full strength, will own whatever the eagles throw at the pies. Just an opinion.
As you saw on Sunday Eagles fwd line destroyed Pies defense. All Eagles midfield has to do is break even and it's game over

This is very true. The opportunities given to guys whom wouldn’t have had the chance otherwise is a positive, and it has seen a shift in the dynamics of the side, which has resulted in better synergy and more wins.

In saying that, and something a lot of people discount when looking at the depth of our injury list is that although player B and C aren’t up to the standard of player A, we’ve had a few player As go down, and then also not had players B and C, then relying on player D who just shouldn’t even get a look in in the first place.

When your depth is also out injured, it takes a miracle to perform and win games consistently.

Guys like Crocker, Sier and Greenwood shouldn’t be getting games, but when you’ve even got your second liners out injured, you’re forced to get desperate.

*Taking nothing away from the names above, I just don’t think they’re even top 30 when we’ve got a fully fit list.*
Agreed on probably Crocks and Levi... I think Sier's calibre is too early to judge in terms of senior footy

As you saw on Sunday Eagles fwd line destroyed Pies defense. All Eagles midfield has to do is break even and it's game over
You guys beat us all over the park. The slingshot from the back half and switching sides was done far too easily and our mids and forwards didn’t apply enough pressure. Our back 6 was comprehensively beaten but it was also on the back of the 12 in front of them also not working hard enough.

Agreed on probably Crocks and Levi... I think Sier's calibre is too early to judge in terms of senior footy
Sier will be good, but right now, he is too raw to be getting games at this stage of a season when the side is competing for top 4. He wouldn’t be getting a go if Treloar was fit.

Why is this thread still going on? West Coast won, agreed when Collingwood have all their players back it will be sterner test for sure

Hey good point so Treloar, Cox, Elliot and Dunn are easily in the best 22.

What about Aish, Goldsack, Fasolo and Wells - Best 22 or depth players who would come out for those guys

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey good point so Treloar, Cox, Elliot and Dunn are easily in the best 22.

What about Aish, Goldsack, Fasolo and Wells - Best 22 or depth players who would come out for those guys
Your 4 mentioned are my best 22 certs. Even with those 4 out, you’d have -

Aish in for Mayne on the wing.
Goldsack in for Greenwood down back.
Fasolo in for Crocker up forward.
Wells in for Daicos on a HFF.

Daicos and Greenwood, for example, have been serviceable, but they’re no Treloar and Elliott.

Daicos and Greenwood, for example, have been serviceable, but they’re no Treloar and Elliott.
Thanks that makes sense, Treloar is a A grade star, Elliot too when fit.

I’m glad someone gets it. The others aren’t A graders, but you at least need your B and C graders whilst the A graders are out.

Dunn is the one we just don’t have a replacement for. Not a lot of sides have a spare quality shut down player. You guys would know with Barrass.

I’m glad someone gets it. The others aren’t A graders, but you at least need your B and C graders whilst the A graders are out.

Dunn is the one we just don’t have a replacement for. Not a lot of sides have a spare quality shut down player. You guys would know with Barrass.
Yep dont we ever, we had to replace 3 A grade forwards in Kennedy, Darling and Lecras with Vardy, McInnes and another player our scoring reduced by 30 points a game. Having those 3 out heaps more pressure on other players. Yes I miss Tom Barrass, cant wait till he gets back in

A mouldy sack of potatoes in for mayne.

A mouldy sack of potatoes in for mayne.
We’ll have non of that :p Pies fans have come around with Mayney. He’ll never be a superstar and wouldn’t be the worst role player in the comp. Has been borderline serviceable for us so far in 2018.

Still averaging 18 possessions a game on a wing, so maybe the sack of potatoes would be of more use :$

We’ll have non of that :p Pies fans have come around with Mayney. He’ll never be a superstar and wouldn’t be the worst role player in the comp. Has been borderline serviceable for us so far in 2018.

Still averaging 18 possessions a game on a wing, so maybe the sack of potatoes would be of more use :$
I wish I could earn $400K/yr for being borderline serviceable in my job.

Lets not kid ourselves...Treloar, Cox and Dunn fair enough, but Elliot has been injured forever, Aish and Fasolo are average and Wells and Goldsack are almost finished. Definitely wouldn't have been a 40 pt turnaround.

Lets not kid ourselves...Treloar, Cox and Dunn fair enough, but Elliot has been injured forever, Aish and Fasolo are average and Wells and Goldsack are almost finished. Definitely wouldn't have been a 40 pt turnaround.
Treloar and cox would have been enough to at least make it a much closer game.

Cant tag everyone

Remove this Banner Ad

Back