Preview Collingwood v Western Bulldogs at 3.10pm, Vic. Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Big test coming up, lose this and I daresay... goodbye finals as we then travel to Adelaide's fortress at Norwood Oval the following week and meet Richmond at Vic Park in round 10.

Steph Chiocci, Erica Fowler and Jordyn Allen will all face fitness tests ahead of our round eight match against the Western Bulldogs.

Last edited:

Collingwood will face the Western Bulldogs at Vic Park tomorrow in a must-win clash with three ins: co-captain Steph Chiocci, Sabrina Frederick and Abbi Moloney.

Bella Smith and Eloise Chaston have been omitted while Erica Fowler is being managed after spraining her ankle in round seven.

The Pies are only half a win ahead of the Bulldogs in sixth spot, making Sunday's match a classic eight-point game.

It will be Collingwood's first home game since round four after three games on the road.

IN: Steph Chiocci, Sabrina Frederick, Abbi Moloney
OUT:
Bella Smith (omitted), Eloise Chaston (omitted), Erica Fowler (ankle)

COLLINGWOOD v WESTERN BULLDOGS
BStacey LivingstoneAlana Porter
HBSoph CaseyLauren ButlerRuby Schleicher
CAmelia VelardoJaimee LambertSarah Rowe
HFTarni BrownChloe MolloyAishling Sheridan
FSophie AlexanderSabrina Frederick
RAlison DownieBrittany BonniciMikala Cann
INTEliza JamesTarni BrownAliesha Newman
Jordyn AllenErica Fowler
EMERGErica Fowler Imogen Purcell

Agree mark. Our ability to dish off whilst being tackled need work. 2 Of their goals have come straight from that.

But fair fight back in the last few mins!!

Can’t ask for any more given we are 2 down.

Agree mark. Our ability to dish off whilst being tackled need work. 2 Of their goals have come straight from that.

But fair fight back in the last few mins!!

Can’t ask for any more given we are 2 down.

confidence is a marvellous thing..... and we might improve getting to contests when the confidence returns.

As for the skills under pressure, i've noticed a lot of the high disposal teams being pressured into mistakes this year.... it's like the men really. But for the women, their skills under pressure arent as well developed so its a double wanger. I would prefer the team play a knock-on, kick ahead etc go forward at all cost gameplan. I just dont see women sustaining a high possession game.

good to see fredericks being determined..

confidence is a marvellous thing..... and we might improve getting to contests when the confidence returns.

As for the skills under pressure, i've noticed a lot of the high disposal teams being pressured into mistakes this year.... it's like the men really. But for the women, their skills under pressure arent as well developed so its a double wanger. I would prefer the team play a knock-on, kick ahead etc go forward at all cost gameplan. I just dont see women sustaining a high possession game.

good to see fredericks being determined..
Agree the high disposal game can’t stack up to the pressure/territory game. Very much like the mens game.

Sabs in the ruck when fwd needs to just grab it and kick it forward. I’d like to see what happens when some chaos ball is introduced from stoppages in F50.
She’s been good though. This needs to be the standard she sets for the team.

Think our 2 down will be balanced by the dogs recent workload…so this will be an interesting second half.

Just want us to go fast and take it on (I.e drop the slow possession game).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great performance all around, particularly without Britt.

Well done Frederick. Should hold her spot and next week will pose a real test against a side that she’ll have to be defensively accountable against.

I still like Moloney, would like us to persist for the remainder of the season with her. Prefer what she offers to Barnett.

Great performance all around, particularly without Britt.

Well done Frederick. Should hold her spot and next week will pose a real test against a side that she’ll have to be defensively accountable against.

I still like Moloney, would like us to persist for the remainder of the season with her. Prefer what she offers to Barnett.

does moloney take a mark? she might be a bit slow for aflw

does moloney take a mark? she might be a bit slow for aflw
I thought her ground pressure was alright, dropped a sitter but had worked hard to find herself all alone in space. I think that surety will come, but I suppose there’s also a reason the coaches haven’t started the year with her.

Would like to give her an extended run, I certainly don’t think she’s a downgrade on those outside the side that play her role at this point. Might find she clunks a few marks once she’s a bit more confident in her place at the level.

I saw definite signs.

I thought her ground pressure was alright, dropped a sitter but had worked hard to find herself all alone in space. I think that surety will come, but I suppose there’s also a reason the coaches haven’t started the year with her.

Would like to give her an extended run, I certainly don’t think she’s a downgrade on those outside the side that play her role at this point. Might find she clunks a few marks once she’s a bit more confident in her place at the level.

I saw definite signs.

yes she is cute..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back