Preview Collingwood V Western Bulldogs, Friday 19th march 2021, 7:50 pm. MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was I the only who thought we looked better with Cox in the ruck, particularly at center bounces?

It seems teams have put a lot of time into Grundy and whatever he was doing in 2018 has become a liability since late 2019.

This issue with Grundy goes back to the 2019 prelim when he broke the world record for taps and Mumford somehow had more influence. GWS figured us out and took away his influence. He hasn't been the same since.
Nope, I saw that throughout last year when Cox played. Even Cameron was better when he rucked in certain games

Sidey in 3 years prob on verge of retirement at 33. Pendles gone, Adams 31/32 and with his game style likely body broken.
Grundy 29 yo ruck who knows how his body holds up.
Prob still no decent kpfs.
Howe likely gone.
Roughed gone.
Miho finishing up.
Greenwood and Mayne gone.
Whe and Thomas Gone.
Crisp 30.
Was just talking about midfield. I think we're in trouble there now. No idea about 3 years time - we could get lucky

The GF and PF were the two games where opposition put serious time and effort into nullifying him. Mummy showed everyone the simple blueprint - he doesn't do damage with his hitouts, he does it with his follow up work - just make sure he doesn't get passed you after the ruck contest to impact the clearance. Then he's just a tap ruckman who mishits a heap of his taps - hitting it to a midfield who lack strength and pace.

The other issue is he got a lot of his ball between the arcs in transition, rarely goes fwd whether by pushing fwd or to start there. Also doesn't drop back into the whole in def 50 often either (does this on our hff on oppo kick outs and vice versa though).

In 2018/19 we were better off having Grundy - I think he was the most influential player in the league, but now that they've worked out how to stop his follow up work and stop him giving us a big advantage around stoppage- he's just another ruckman, who is being well over paid.

Just another ruckmen who doesn't have good tapwork and cannot go forward and kick goals like other ruckmen can.

I heard he has taken a total of 8 marks inside forward 50 over the past two years. Is that correct? Incredibly damning if true.

Well its clear as day we have no forwardline. I dont think the season is done and suted but i think we may aswell play the kids. Cant be any worse than what is playing anyway. Play them in the forward line and see how it goes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's no point arguing Grundy this/Grundy that, we know he can play, we should be happy with our performace tonight, we were fumbly as *, played like s**t and still had a chance with 5 minutes to go.

Dear White Male,

You suffer so much. Sorry for your suffering. I hope that this apology ends the matter.

Regards, PC Brigade.
Dear Australian, 2 world wars and thousands of lives lost so we can have a country to live in, not enough for you?

Mate, I just wanted that poster to stop talking race gibberish so we can focus on the footy, but now I stand accused of enshrining white disadvantage.

Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood.
You knew exactly what you were doing? Snake oil salesman

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back