VFL Collingwood VFL Season 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Every player has the talent, just can't see it with Kelly. I watched him in the back half of the year and he's another run-of-the-player. I would expect that before his ten year deal expires, we'll see him live up to his potential. If people think WHE is the survivor of our AFL side, then Kelly is the survivor of our VFL team. I'd have kept McMahon over him.

Be interesting to watch McMahon's career beyond Collingwood, but I don't think KPD was ever going to be his go. A tall flanker at VFL and AFL level and I think we already have much better options for that role.

Yep who would you back in to play tall winger/flanker, Kelly or Allan?

List turnover is an inescapable reality and Kelly is currently in the relegation zone, it’s up to him to drag himself out.

Yep who would you back in to play tall winger/flanker, Kelly or Allan?

List turnover is an inescapable reality and Kelly is currently in the relegation zone, it’s up to him to drag himself out.

Kelly, Allen and Bianco played the lions share of the wing on Saturday. Tardrew had a couple of rotations there to give a chop out.
I'd guess it'd be the same against Coburg.

Almost consider this worthy of its own thread but I'll just post it here. This is another sign of the club's current level of regard to the VFL team. Rather than advertising an opportunity to watch two or three quarters of the VFL lads at Victoria Park for the only time this season, they're marketing this.

Almost consider this worthy of its own thread but I'll just post it here. This is another sign of the club's current level of regard to the VFL team. Rather than advertising an opportunity to watch two or three quarters of the VFL lads at Victoria Park for the only time this season, they're marketing this.

Yeah I couldn’t believe it— not like there is anything on at the time…

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Kelly is a tall version of Callum brown with ball in hand from what I’ve watched. Constant turn overs and very poor decision making. Can’t see him anywhere but as a KPD, and can’t see him there either.
I think so too. But there must be more to him - as the previous coaching group were fans and the current group kept him on despite tight list spots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who’s in the team?

Our VFL list is divided into two categories: Primary and Development. Primary Listed players are players available on the open market. Development listed players must be under the age of 22 as of January 1, 2023. This list is designed to strengthen connection between the VFL and Coates Talent League.

In total, there are 25 players on the Collingwood VFL list for 2023. In addition, there are also four train-on players, who are invited to train with the team and are eligible for elevation to the list.

Primary list: Campbell Lane, Vivian Blackmore-Moore, Sam Glover, Lachlan Tardrew, Jacob Booth, Neville Jetta, Campbell Hustwaite, Tom Wilson, Jake Long, Josh Eyre, Ben Silvagni, Edward Delaney, Liam Purcell.

Development list: Kaden Schreiber, Jedd Longmire, Jonathan Tomasiello, Rye Penny, Jack Raines, Cobi Maxted, Chad Mulvogue, Harry Flynn, Zachary Greeves, Jovan Petric, Riley Voulanas, Yu Yu Ashwin.

Train on players: Billy Kolyniuk, Ben Quaynor, Andreas Stefanakis, Sam Hilton-Joyce.

What are Train on Players?
Basically what it says. A couple players invited to train with the team to show their wares to get elevated to the list. I'm unsure how that works, if you can add players to the list after the season starts or if its elevation for the next year.

Every player has the talent, just can't see it with Kelly. I watched him in the back half of the year and he's another run-of-the-player. I would expect that before his ten year deal expires, we'll see him live up to his potential. If people think WHE is the survivor of our AFL side, then Kelly is the survivor of our VFL team. I'd have kept McMahon over him.
Apart from decision making - what does he lack?
I think in all aspects of the game he is more than capable, except footy IQ.

No longer Collingwood relevant but good luck to McMahon who debuts for the Blues, and Poulter who debuts for the doggies. Still waiting to see if Cal Brown gets his first run with the hawks.

Is that the Jay Rantall who was on our list listed in the Doggies VFL side?
Thats right, same Rantall.
Performed strongly at sanfl level last year and ended up with a flag

I'm interested to see what end of the ground blues are gonna play McMahon

Looks like Cal is named too

Thats right, same Rantall.
Performed strongly at sanfl level last year and ended up with a flag

I'm interested to see what end of the ground blues are gonna play McMahon

Looks like Cal is named too
We’ll keep an eye out for how they go - hopefully well. Fine young men.

I’m excited to hear that Ash Johnson kicked four goals including three in one quarter!

Hopefully he can build further on it as the VFL season gets going and force his way back into the AFL team. I think he offers much more upside as a forward than Reef.

It’s great to have real selection headaches now with talented, potent players like Ginni, AJ and Carmichael all fighting for inclusion and plenty of others pushing hard. It’s a big change from gifting games to Cal Brown.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
No way at the moment. Reef has the passion and hunger for the contest that AJ is sadly lacking at the moment. Our game plan is based upon our ferocious appetite for the contest and a willingness to run and chase like your life depended upon it. If one player becomes the weak link by refusing to attack the pill, chase and defend it affects the entire team. Reef was fantastic last week. He's handy above his head too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back