Preview Collingwood vs Essendon, MCG, ANZAC Day @ 3:20 PM

Who gets more points?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always like to see players get another chance... He hasn't been far off it the last few years, so i live in hope. He can't cement a spot but he could demonstrate that he has improved in the off season and be back in the selectors minds for future opportunities. Major long shot to turn things around, but all the more satisfying on the rare occasions it happens.

You guys have all clearly fallen for the ruse.

Raz didn't "pull up sore" at all. We've chosen to rest the player that we think will provide the biggest overall team-stamina boost for Sunday, and that choice was Fantasia.

With a less exhausted side, we can manage to get it done without a Raz - but we'll need him once we're low on the tank four days later.

That's the strategy. Think of it as like a cross-game interchange bench.

Deserves it. Was clearly our best (VFL) in the four-five weeks before his injury late last year and carried it over into the start of this season. Whether he can carry that to AFL is yet to be seen but hasn’t been gifted his opportunity in anyway.
With one good game surrounded by two dire ones? Langford has been our best in the VFL comfortably.

No Fantasia is cancelled out by the fact that Elliot is not playing. I'm so relieved that he isn't playing.

Fasolo can't have his usual blinders against us either. And no Wells to do his usual cameo against us before he disappears for the rest of the year again.

Now we have to just somehow contain Sidebottom. He makes an art of out the back goals against us. Will probably get 40+ disposals and a couple of majors.

That, but it's about versatility too. Raz can go into the midfield and be effective, and even into defence. Not sure about those three (unfair on Begley at this point, he's still a kid, but the point remains).

I’m huge on Begs, just thought that forward line looked a bit weak on paper.

Jerrett had a few great games on the wing a few years ago if I recall correctly.
He racked up over 30 possessions and a couple of goals against Blues in a game at the MCG and was getting > 20 possessions consistently.

In 2016 (top up year) he and Zach racked up 60 possessions between them to help us beat Demons in round 2. Most believed Dons would not win a game that season. Both Merretts were in the best.

He has played good football but I think he gets injured and struggles to get back to that form. I recall him running games right out and was at his best in the last quarter. He plays his best football at the MCG.

Bomber Thompson had big raps on both Merretts and Gleeson (all from same area) as being potential stars. The Jackson version hasn't kicked on as expected.

Last edited:
The missing "intensity" is what kills him as a footballer though - doesn't have enough of the other attributes to compensate.

We'll get another pedestrian, anonymous performance and be mildly surprised that he had 15 disposals given the complete absence of any impact on the game.
Sounds a lot like Langford.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendons game to lose for mine. No way we lose to collingwood if we play half decently.

if we serve up the rubbish we did against Fremantle + Dogs though we are cooked.

You guys have all clearly fallen for the ruse.

Raz didn't "pull up sore" at all. We've chosen to rest the player that we think will provide the biggest overall team-stamina boost for Sunday, and that choice was Fantasia.

With a less exhausted side, we can manage to get it done without a Raz - but we'll need him once we're low on the tank four days later.

That's the strategy. Think of it as like a cross-game interchange bench.
agree totally.....a few years ago we played on a 5 day break after anzac day and didnt allow for it....got smashed by north 5 days later and looked incredibily tired from the outset.....they will play raz against the tigers and prob debut a couple of youngens i think

If only there were some kind of product we could use to help the players recover quickly...

2YAoTl.gif

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...ties-against-collingwood-20180424-p4zbbz.html

Daniher set for ruck duties against Collingwood

Joe Daniher could be set for another starring role in the Anzac Day blockbuster with Essendon set to deploy him in the ruck against in-form Collingwood big man Brodie Grundy.

Tom Bellchambers is set to shoulder the majority of the ruck load for the Bombers in Wednesday's clash at the MCG.

But Daniher, who claimed the Anzac Medal as best afield in the Bombers' 18-point triumph last year, looms as an X-factor at the stoppages.

The two-metre spearhead has had a quiet start to the season but could be thrown into the ruck more often to help curb the dynamic Grundy.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...ties-against-collingwood-20180424-p4zbbz.html

Joe Daniher could be set for another starring role in the Anzac Day blockbuster with Essendon set to deploy him in the ruck against in-form Collingwood big man Brodie Grundy.

Tom Bellchambers is set to shoulder the majority of the ruck load for the Bombers in Wednesday's clash at the MCG.

But Daniher, who claimed the Anzac Medal as best afield in the Bombers' 18-point triumph last year, looms as an X-factor at the stoppages.

The two-metre spearhead has had a quiet start to the season but could be thrown into the ruck more often to help curb the dynamic Grundy.

Ive never liked seeing Joe in the ruck as I fear it's just a knee injury waiting to happen but if it can help spark his season, why not.

look forward to JOEY D getting another anzac day medal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back