Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombers36

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2008
Keilor East
AFL Club
Essendon
In what will be our first and last game of the Spring, and the end of an extremely difficult season, it would be fantastic if we can somehow get the 4 points. It's going to be tough though, with the Pies in red hot form against the Cats last Saturday. Surely we bring in Fletch for one last cameo...???

I'd have;-

OUT: J.Merrett Dempsey Chapman
IN: Fletch Steinberg Langford

Steinberg Hurley Baguley
Hibberd Carlisle Gleeson
Goddard Heppell Melksham
Zakka Daniher Fantasia
Howlett Hooker Laverde

McKernan Stanton Hocking

Bench from: O'Brien Fletch Langford
SUB: McKenna

Hopefully Giles is right to go, would love to see how we go with two rucks.
I would be going

IN Giles, Edwards, Fletcher, Langford
OUT Chapman, Mckenna, J Merrett, Dempsey

Baguley Hurley Melksham
Hibberd Carlisle Gleeson
Stanton Heppell Goddard
Howlett Mckernan Laverde
Daniher Hooker Fantasia
Giles Hocking O'Brien
Edwards Langford Fletcher Zaharakis

Don't know where Myers and Gwilt are at? Probably not worth the risk anyway.

Not sure why we drop McKenna ? did not do a lot but he may as well play the last game.
Langford is cooked at senior level. We have seen enough of him
to know what we are going to get.
Demspey will likely get rubbed out and thus ending his career with us.
Would like to get one last look at Browne or Kav but it seems Kav is on the outer.

Not sure why we drop McKenna ? did not do a lot but he may as well play the last game.
Would like to get one last look at Browne or Kav but it seems Kav is on the outer.

Yeah no point dropping McKenna he did OK - we might as well play him and with another pre-season in 2016 he might be handy as a small forward.
I hear what your saying re Langford - just think he should be rewarded for some good form in the VFL

Last edited:
Glad to be flying home to Melbourne to see this.

McKenna had a lot of effort but did basically nothing beyond that first goal. He's so clearly not ready. Give someone else a run around.

Egan said last night 'small chance'. Surely we give him a run though - the season is shot I cant see any reason why we would NOT play him...
Probably because Fletch isn't that selfish to want to play if it's going to disadvantage the team. He'll only play if he's completely right to go.

Making him hobble around so we can have some sense of closure isn't right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't mind Edwards back in the team..

Put fletch in the forward pocket for his farewell game

If Fletcher plays I am gonna do my darndest to get a ticket to show my respects to your legend. He is one of the first memories I ever had of this great game, and he deserves the chair off, guard of honour and standing ovation he will surely get. Well done Dustin on a great career :)

Respect mate.

Anytime mate, Spurs fan here too so love your pic. In all seriousness though Fletch playing as a school boy in the 93 grand final was one of the few footy stories that made it onto the Sydney news, was one of the rare titbits we got up there at the time, hope you can send him out with a bang :)

Fletch plays. Even if he is not "physically" able to he has to play.
Even as sub bring him on for half a quarter.

The guy has given his heart and soul to the footy club for over 20 years.

Deserves a standing ovation when he is chaired off. Will be the loudest cheers since our win over Hawthorn over in round 3.

If he could snare one last torpedo goal the roof will get blown off the MCG (Pies fans will cheer too)

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back