Collingwood vs Hawthorn Rd: 13

Remove this Banner Ad

edar 07

Team Captain
May 4, 2007
Malvern
AFL Club
Hawthorn
i know the pies are still yet to play but from what ive heard, this game is already almsot a sell out, so it's going to be huge at the telstra dome.
could even break friday night's record when carlton played hawthorn.

key match ups?
cloke-gilham?
o'bree-mitchell?
swan-hodge?
sewell could tag shaw as a half froward to stop the pies' run from defence?
and who is going to take lance franklin?

any thoughts, please?

To be honest we are screwed for a matchup against Franklin. Obrien would have been perfect, Clement would have been good too. Presti a little slow but he would have been third option. So we are screwed. Franklin will kick 10.

Goldsack will play on him I think. Big ask for a 5-gamer.

Terrible timing to lose Windscreens Obrien. He's probably not your best defender but he was your best Franklin match-up.

In addition to Franklin, you're also going to have to find bodies to stand Boyle and Roughead. Your best back 6 would match-up OK, but now ...

And then there's Hodge. If we gain ascendency in the middle, you can expect this bloke to be parked in the forward line as well. You'd probably be best off to play off him and pay him no respect at all. I mean, how much mayhem can an unaccountable half-back flanker cause :D

I'm not so sure it's silly ... it's more of an indication of the level of anticipation there is for the clash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For what it's worth at this stage i'll say Hawthorn by 5 goals... this could change if Clement returns, he's massive to Collingwood's structure.

Well Im going to the game and Im so pumped for it its not funny. My girlfriend and her family are hawks fans and im gonna be the only pies fan with them at the game and i really wanna give them all s**t.

I think the hawks forewards will give our defence a hiding so we need to look to our midfield to do their job better than normal, similar situation to the swans game as will be every game until we get at least clement and obrien back.

The boys are always gonna give it their best and like every game so far this season we'll never give up, I'd love a win but will be extremely happy with their best effort.:thumbsu:

How silly is it to create a thread a round before one of the teams has even played their other match.

And how silly of me to forget to add the most important point of this thread (DeadlyAkkuret) <---You A, need to learn how to spell, your a little bit OFF. B, I apologise for the piss poor performance from the Swans. and C, you are a complete knob jockey. :thumbsdown:

To be honest we are screwed for a matchup against Franklin. Obrien would have been perfect, Clement would have been good too. Presti a little slow but he would have been third option. So we are screwed. Franklin will kick 10.

Goldsack will play on him I think. Big ask for a 5-gamer.
AFL will probably assign Goldspink to assist in the task of stopping the Hawks forwards. He's been waiting all season for his opportunity to slow Franklin down. Would be a good matchup - Franklin's skills vs Goldspink's ego. Have to wait & see if it comes to fruition!:mad:

An interesting stat is that Hawthorn haven't beaten Collinwood in their past 4 games but have only played twice at the dome with 1 win a piece. My money is on Collinwood by around 3-6 goals.

An interesting stat is that Hawthorn haven't beaten Collinwood in their past 4 games but have only played twice at the dome with 1 win a piece. My money is on Collinwood by around 3-6 goals.

Yeah but we had that stat with half of the teams in the comp, because we have been so average over the last 4 years. We had not beatin Port for 6 years, had not beaten West Coast for 3, had not beaten Saint Kilda for about 4-5 years.

So i would not read to much in to that stat. This is a different team to the past couple of years.

Collingwood v Hawthorn

Collingwood
Backs: Swan Wakelin Maxwell
Half-backs: H Shaw O'Brien Goldsack
Centres: Pendlebury Licuria Lockyer
Half-forwards: Johnson Cloke Didak
Forwards: Thomas Reid Fraser
Followers: Richards O'Bree Burns
Interchange (from) Davis Holland Medhurst Cox Stanley Iles Clarke
In: Iles Medhurst O'Brien Reid
Out: Rocca (suspended)
New: Ben Reid, 18, Murray Bushrangers

Hawthorn
Backs: Brown Gilham Guerra
Half-backs: Ladson Croad Sewell
Centres: Birchall Mitchell Smith
Half-forwards: Lewis Franklin McGlynn
Forwards: Bateman Roughead Boyle
Followers: Campbell Hodge Crawford
Interchange (from) Ellis Jacobs Osborne Muston Taylor Thorp Young
In: Franklin Muston Thorp

Collingwood v Hawthorn

Collingwood
Backs: Swan Wakelin Maxwell
Half-backs: H Shaw O'Brien Goldsack
Centres: Pendlebury Licuria Lockyer
Half-forwards: Johnson Cloke Didak
Forwards: Thomas Reid Fraser
Followers: Richards O'Bree Burns
Interchange (from) Davis Holland Medhurst Cox Stanley Iles Clarke
In: Iles Medhurst O'Brien Reid
Out: Rocca (suspended)
New: Ben Reid, 18, Murray Bushrangers

Hawthorn
Backs: Brown Gilham Guerra
Half-backs: Ladson Croad Sewell
Centres: Birchall Mitchell Smith
Half-forwards: Lewis Franklin McGlynn
Forwards: Bateman Roughead Boyle
Followers: Campbell Hodge Crawford
Interchange (from) Ellis Jacobs Osborne Muston Taylor Thorp Young
In: Franklin Muston Thorp
Thorp is also new isn't he?

This game is going to be hugeeee!!

I told a fellow workmate who is Indian and about 60 years old not to cry on Sunday, he is a Hawks supporter. (Good bloke though)

My brothers girlfriend who is a Hawks supporter has been saying how the Hawks are going to beat Collingwood.. :rolleyes: we will find out tomorrow

Carn the WOODS!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back