Game Day Collingwood vs Port Adelaide, Rd 10, MCG 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway,I think this game shows that Port are definitely not a premiership contender this year.

I cannot understand how the coaching group thinks this gameplan is going to win many games. We must be missing out on at least another 4 to 5 goals a game, with this slow, sideways/ backwards movement. Hey Bucks, the season is over mate, let these guys play with some freedom, otherwise step aside and someone else can let them.....

Last edited:
Great game? That was one of the worst games I've ever watched. Just so predictable. Look super dangerous in one quarter and then kick sideways for the rest of the game and inevitably make a disposal error that loses us the game.
You obviously weren’t watching too hard FM......

Pendles was woeful today, and Sidey was average with his disposal. With those two struggling, the midfield class is non existent.
Only positives was Poulter, McCreery and Wilson. Rest of the game was again disappointing, disposal efficiency going inside F50 was a debacle, and the lack of a key forward is sticking out like dogs balls. Let see who we recruit in the MSD, probably another HB and CHB, because we are of a defensive mindset, so we will want more defenders.....🤪

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a clear coaching direction. If it's nerves then all you need is the coaching staff to release that pressure and give you a clear directive to go fast and long.

This style has been so repetitive in the last 2 years that it's obviously the game plan. Damage limitation gameplan.

Regaining momentum isn't a simple matter of the coaches saying "hey , snap out of it." Once gone , it can be hard to get back. I am interested in what happens out on the field .

You may well be correct , but you can almost guarantee that Nathan will say in his presser that we played how we want to play in the first quarter and for whatever reason the boys couldn't keep it up etc...... That could be Buck passing (pun intended) but yeah.....we really are a very tiring team to follow , but I suppose you get used to that after a lifetime lol.

Not much to type,
Grundy played well for a change.
McCreery did well and got the most out of his limited chances.
Poulter I will call that a learning game but plenty of potential alas very one sided.
Crisp wow again this was a great game.
Daicos is getting better with every game.

Now for my negatives.
Pendles
Sidebottom
De Goey
Senior players that just went missing and why?

Serious question. With the kids we have coming through and coming in - McReery, Poulter, Wilson, Daicos etc - would the addition of a genuine key forward put us back into top 4 contention in two to 3 years?

Adams make a huge difference to this team. And Crisp is outstanding.

Grundy looked back to his best particularly in the first half.

I don’t know if he is told to do it but Noble always seems to lead 15m from guy with the ball and then delivers it another 15m. I can’t help but think this is really hurting the ball movement.

As I said, I don’t know if this is the coaching, him or a lack of hard running by others. But it’s a prime reason why we can’t score goals.

C Brown just fails to put us in a better position when he has the ball and has no awareness. Not only did he miss that steadier we needed (again), but streaming into goal 35m out and he tries to pass it 15m! What is that??!!!

WHE looks like he has turned the corner.
Elliott back will make a big difference.

At least we made it difficult for them to score. At least something is working.

You blokes bagging the players. Were you at the game?

I was, considering l pay for two reserved seats, l have to get some value from this club. Ashame it's not in the currency of wins!! I'm not bagging players though, just the stubbornness of the coaches to stick with this defensive, keepings off gameplan, that isn't going to win us matches, because we don't score!!! With this coaching group 2 + 2 must equal 5....

Serious question. With the kids we have coming through and coming in - McReery, Poulter, Wilson, Daicos etc - would the addition of a genuine key forward put us back into top 4 contention in two to 3 years?
He’s marked well in previous weeks, but Cameron had a fair few chances today and couldn’t get separation or stick his marks. Obviously not helped by slow ball moment. Like many other moments today taking one or two could have changed the outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back