CCJ 16 disposals (7 kicks 9 handballs) 4 marks 4 tackles 28 hitouts 0.3
McIntosh 16 disposals (10 kicks 6 handballs) 3 marks
Weller 15 disposals (13 kicks 2 handballs) 3 marks 8 tackles 0.1
Markov 13 disposals (10 kicks 3 handballs) 6 marks 2 tackles 2.2
Aarts 12 disposals (6 kicks 6 handballs) 3 marks 2 tackles 0.1
RCD 12 disposals (7 kicks 5 handballs) 6 tackles
English 12 disposals (6 kicks 6 handballs) 10 tackles 0.1
Balta 11 disposals (6 kicks 5 handballs) 3 marks 4 tackles 4 hitouts
Nankervis 11 disposals (7 kicks 4 handballs) 2 marks 1 tackle 16 hitouts 1.0 1/2 game time
Garthwaite 9 disposals (7 kicks 2 handballs) 3 marks 2 tackles 2 hitouts
EGG 7 disposals (2 kicks 5 handballs) 3 tackles
Miller 5 disposals (2 kicks 3 handballs) 1 hitout 2.0
Did egg get injured or just no ball down back?

Charlie Pannam

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Markov up forward will be one to watch.
He’s playing a role very similar to Collunwoods-Jaidyn Stephenson. Lightning fast leads and using his pace to expose opponents when running back towards goal.A decent set shot for goal too

Not sure that he has the talent or we need that type in the 1s but it’s a really good move because he was treading water playing hb

eays

All Australian
Mar 16, 2006
ringwood
AFL Club
Richmond
He’s playing a role very similar to Collunwoods-Jaidyn Stephenson. Lightning fast leads and using his pace to expose opponents when running back towards goal.A decent set shot for goal too

Not sure that he has the talent or we need that type in the 1s but it’s a really good move because he was treading water playing hb
I remember a report early on that he absolutely lit it up during one of his first training sessions after being drafted, playing as a medium leading forward

eays

All Australian
Mar 16, 2006
ringwood
AFL Club
Richmond
Watched the replay with a focus on RCD. Massive worry. Doesn't read the game so is rarely in the right spot.
Said it a month ago and got show down ... nothing personal against the kid, but he wont make it imo ... can't find it naturally enough, looks rushed when he has it as well, but not finding it is obviously worse right now .... they'll try him as a half forward over preseason i reckon to try and salvage something but he's too slow for that imo ... tbh both lennon and c ellis showed more in their first seasons and most knew how they would turn out as well, even though you always hope for the best .... he's certainly up against it but here's hoping woth another preseasom RCD can prove doubters like me wrong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barnard

All Australian
Sep 10, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
RCD was always going to be a slow burn, he is a kid that's been drafted more on his physical prowess rather than genuine football ability. He is that guy we hope long term can mould into a big mid that can go forward and clunk a mark or 2. Just let him learn his craft in the vfl, there is no rush, he is in good hands.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
RCD was picked for his raw physical and athletic attributes, similar to a young Rance. People writing him off already? Wow, unbelievably stupid and short sighted. He's a long term project.

I am not writing him off im a big fan of RCD.

I was surprised to be someone say he had one possession but then at the top of this page it says: RCD 12 disposals (7 kicks 5 handballs) 6 tackles , which is not too bad. Looking forward to seeing how he goes in a strong 2s side next week with Ross, Pickett, Caddy?, Mcintosh helping him.

He was a risky pick. iirc low possession count in the juniors. However he is a good prospect instead of the plodding Stocker. Stack, Turner, Ross, (Chol) = good draft. rcd will be big bonus if he comes good. We were in the position to take a risk with a high ceiling type given winning the flag / good young list

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond

Still has the fastest recorded speed in the seniors for the entire league this year.

db26

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2007
Punt road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa,A-league
Was impressed with RCD preseason when played in the seniors afl did well.Let's not forget body's getting tired now to first preseason and still adjusting to senior footy plenty of developing left.

Poska

All Australian
Jul 10, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
RCD has lost what made him so good in juniors, his height and size advantage. Now he’s just a regular sized midfielder lacking football smarts and confidence. If he fills out and builds his endurance but still can’t get a kick then I will be worried, but right now he’s getting some experience playing against men, which should benefit him heading into next season. I’m guessing he’s averaging about 14 touches a game this year. If next season he can up that to 18 and regularly get over 20 touches then he’s on track. If he’s still lingering below 15 most games then he needs a kick up the arse.

He should watch the replay of Carlton vs Adelaide on the weekend and study Cripps.

On Road to the Draft Matt Clarke said RCD didn't have the training background or attitude of the other draftees due to him coming on so late in his junior career. I assume that means that the Tigers have found him to be quite far behind the whole 'how to be an AFL footballer' thing than they expected. He's probably struggling to get through the season now, being so far behind in training load. Give him a couple of years in our system, as long as his attitude is good, he'll improve out of sight.

Sol23

Premiership Player
Jun 17, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Surprised at RCD I thought he looked ok in the pre season games and expected to see improvement through the year. If he doesn’t show anything next year then I would be worried but at this stage no real concern as a first year player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back