Unofficial Preview Collingwood vs Swans Friday March 15th 7:40PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not sure if GWS absolutely pumping Collingwood is a good or bad thing? Shows they're vulnerable, but also surely you'd expect a response next week?
It's irrelevant. Next week they unfurl their flag in a packed G but its a 5 day turn around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They will wanna bounce back and unveiling of the flag also

This will give us a really good idea of where we are at cause the pressure will be enormous and they will be going hard.

Packed mcg

Let’s see how we handle it and if we are up with competing with a contender
These games always stress me out the most.

If we lose to some bottom side I feel like OK that was just a s**t day at the office. When we lose to a contender, particularly if it's not close, I walk away feeling like the flag is an absolute pipe dream.

I would like to see Wicks in but the big question is who goes out? Who would Fox play on in this game? Dropping a mid would make no sense. Has to be either Fox or Amartey.
Heeney won't be playing forward so the seven could look like:
HF Hayward McDonald Warner
FF Papley McLean Wicks
I/C Fox
Heeney gets selected where Warner was. McLean and McDonald will need to play big minutes. Hayward will be very important.
This would make it harder for Pies to run the ball out of D.
The Yank and Cameron did a job on the GWS ruck. Very physical. Big game for Grundy again.

I would like to see Wicks in but the big question is who goes out? Who would Fox play on in this game? Dropping a mid would make no sense. Has to be either Fox or Amartey.
FF Papley McLean Wicks
I/C Fox
Heeney gets selected where Warner was. McLean and McDonald will need to play big minutes. Hayward will be very important.
The Yank and Cameron did a job on the GWS ruck. Very physical. Big game for Grundy again.

The good thing about Grundy is he likes the physical stuff and likes spending most of his time in the ruck. McLean needed to be the backup ruckman against Gawn every so often, but it wasn't for that long.

FF Papley McLean Wicks
I/C Fox
I think the logic in dropping a mid is that we had a few who were kinda spare parts in the Melbourne game. Not bad, but not overly impactful, either. Jordon, Campbell & Lloyd in particular were just sorta... there. It felt like whatever any of them were bringing wasn't as needed as what Wicks could bring, or that Amartey could bring as part of the three talls structure.

Probably not popular but I'd still be happy with Warner on the wing instead of one of those three (probably Jordon), and that freeing up a spot for both Wicks & Amartey to be in the team. I like Warner more on the outside but aware I'm in the minority on that one.

The good thing about Grundy is he likes the physical stuff and likes spending most of his time in the ruck. McLean needed to be the backup ruckman against Gawn every so often, but it wasn't for that long.
Interesting that Grundy got 31 hit outs and McLean 10. Gawn 39 and Schache 1. One! McLean went up against Gawn at least three times that I saw (one CBA and two stoppages). But you're right, Grundy rucks or rides the bench. I love that no matter what happens with the hitouts he keeps going until the ball is gone.

Interesting that Grundy got 31 hit outs and McLean 10. Gawn 39 and Schache 1. One! McLean went up against Gawn at least three times that I saw (one CBA and two stoppages). But you're right, Grundy rucks or rides the bench. I love that no matter what happens with the hitouts he keeps going until the ball is gone.

Yes, and another good thing about him is that yes he basically just neutralised Gawn in the ruck (hard to do) but against most teams we will actually be at an advantage in the ruck as most teams don't have a ruckman as good as Gawn. Being at an advantage in the ruck helps lessen the impact of not having Mills, Parker and Adams.

I think the logic in dropping a mid is that we had a few who were kinda spare parts in the Melbourne game. Not bad, but not overly impactful, either. Jordon, Campbell & Lloyd in particular were just sorta... there. It felt like whatever any of them were bringing wasn't as needed as what Wicks could bring, or that Amartey could bring as part of the three talls structure.

Probably not popular but I'd still be happy with Warner on the wing instead of one of those three (probably Jordon), and that freeing up a spot for both Wicks & Amartey to be in the team. I like Warner more on the outside but aware I'm in the minority on that one.
I'm on record as wanting to see him doing more run pasts like Gulden. First receiver. Gives the inside guys more options.

Also does anyone know why Gulden had a quiet game on Thursday? Was he used in a different way than he usually was in 2023?

I hope whatever it is Longmire helps him sort it out as we know he can play a lot better than he did against Melbourne.

Also does anyone know why Gulden had a quiet game on Thursday? Was he used in a different way than he usually was in 2023?

I hope whatever it is Longmire helps him sort it out as we know he can play a lot better than he did against Melbourne.
Supposedly he had a nasty flu and missed the GWS game IIRC, then played half the Brisbane game. Perhaps he's not 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back