Game Day Collingwood vs West Coast Eagles on Saturday 31st of July 2021 @TBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't surprise me. We *should* beat the pies this week, we are playing an out of form Melbourne in Perth next week, and then an injury ravaged (and hopefully out of finals contention) Freo side the week after.
That excited me until I realised we could win all our remaining games, finish on 14 wins and probably still finish 7th.

What a dud season this has been.

That excited me until I realised we could win all our remaining games, finish on 14 wins and probably still finish 7th.

that's why it doesnt really matter if we win or lose.

Win basically keeps the chasing pack from pinching 7th or 8th off us if we fall in a heap.

Lose and like the other losses it shows where we are and doesnt paper the cracks

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

1997 adelaide 13-9, won it from 4th.
1998, adelaide 13-9, won it from 5th.
1993 essendon 13 wins 1 draw, top of ladder, won premiership.

Other side of the spectrum 2016 dogs won it from 7th, our likely finishing position in your scenario. There is always hope. The afl could own up to Essendon breaching the salary cap in a premiership season and strip them of the 93 premiership.

Realistically we'll go 2-2 from here. Finish 7th on 12 wins. 8th will finish on 11(!!) wins.

My gut feeling: we'll blow the game this week vs the pies. We'll fight back and win vs Melbourne. We'll roll Freo in the derby and then Brisbane will go in dry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we have not really had any easy games this year so expect more of the same. Hoping Cripps and Petch can provide some scoreboard impact and release so much reliance and focus on JK/JD

Last game, if I recall, Grundy was pushing Nic hard around the ground before burning out. Would love Nic to show total clearance and hitout domination, grab a couple snags, and bag him another nod to AA

Jeez, I thought the game was on tomorrow? Wake up Jeff!
Well....Bungas 300th, we play well at MCG, mild weather,
we beat Pies more often than not, they're not travelling too well...we should do this!
Am dreaming this is the game where we click into gear and begin to look like a finals side? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Pretty nice day here, sunny and warm.
But windy though, so will be swirling at the G.

Gutted they're playing here, and can't go. Especially in Hurns 300th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back