Women's Netball Team (Licence Handed Back May ‘23)

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven't previously read it elsewhere, but from that article Jen McIntyre is our netball GM, she's previously been GM of Netball Victoria/Melb Vixens. Interestingly both Kristy Keppich-Birrell and McIntyre are teachers. Are we copying the Hawthorn AFL model?
I know the article referenced McIntyre having had high performance (admin) roles at Melbourne private schools but it doesn't explicitly say she's a teacher. Do you have other knowledge or infer it from the schools reference?

I know the article referenced McIntyre having had high performance (admin) roles at Melbourne private schools but it doesn't explicitly say she's a teacher. Do you have other knowledge or infer it from the schools reference?
Linkedin provides more details on her background

https://au.linkedin.com/in/jennifer-mcintyre-a2508432
Physical Education Teacher
Christchurch Grammar School
February 2014 – Present (2 years 8 months)

Director of Sport
Presbyterian Ladies College
January 1998 – September 2006 (8 years 9 months)

Deakin University
Bachelor of Education, Physical Education, Pyschology, Health

Jen Mc was a teacher, can 100% confirm

lots of Jen Mc stories, but she'll make a good GM for the pies

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...m/news-story/fc19db06bda05c7a4f249234003e5dba
COLLINGWOOD president Eddie McGuire says the club’s decision to “go out on a limb” to form its new netball team is already reaping dividends after landing a key sponsorship deal.

The Magpies on Wednesday unveiled Chemist Warehouse as a major backer of its netball team ahead of the inaugural Suncorp Super Netball season next year.

Collingwood described the deal as a “multi-million dollar” one over five years for the club in conjunction with supplements brand INC, which sponsors the Magpies’ men’s AFL team.

15578217_1809251505966361_4793330864905443791_o.jpg

I'm a bit disappointed by the lack of sponsors on there.

Fair call, good 30-40% left.:D

Quite like it, I'm glad they didn't go the full B&W stripes.

Too alienating plus the look I'd imagine would be a bit "how's ya goin'."

15578217_1809251505966361_4793330864905443791_o.jpg

There's a tiny bit of space on the right thigh they missed. Looking photos from the ANZ championship for comparison the samsung and Holden logos seem to be the only new placements though.

We had a lot of worthy options for captain, Robinson (Vixens capt), Brazill (Fever capt), Layton (Diamonds capt, Swifts leadership group), Thwaites (Diamonds VC), Ravaillion (Diamonds VC), but I'm surprised Layton didn't get the gig given she's been the main face of our netball program to date.

We had a lot of worthy options for captain, Robinson (Vixens capt), Brazill (Fever capt), Layton (Diamonds capt, Swifts leadership group), Thwaites (Diamonds VC), Ravaillion (Diamonds VC), but I'm surprised Layton didn't get the gig given she's been the main face of our netball program to date.

Just of the basis of what we've seen to date through the media, the few girls we've seen have been insightful, charasmatic, and articulate. The future looks very bright.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So.....to find the scores for last nights game I log on to cfc website.
Link for AFL.
Link for AFLW
Link for VFL.

No link for Magpies netball team.
Great support from the club.

And further, when you go to the netball team's website ( www.magpiesnetball.com.au ) the Round 3 event information doesn't have the date that the game is actually on.

And further, when you go to the netball team's website ( www.magpiesnetball.com.au ) the Round 3 event information doesn't have the date that the game is actually on.

The club needs to address this issue by 2018 - been a recurring issue since all 3 leagues started and one which could have been predicted and planned for.

'..... Collingwood’s calamitous entry into netball. The financial losses suffered by the Magpies are among the highest in the league, and the team has constantly struggled for success on the court despite a cavalcade of high-profile signings.'

'While Netball Australia has handed every club an annual grant to cover player wages, teams are still required to cover much of the remaining overheads, including stadium hire fees.

No Super Netball team is turning a profit. Some have lost close to $1m a season, with most bleeding at least half that rate.'

Has it been money well spent ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back