Club Focus Collingwood 2021 - Kreuger, Lipinski, Daicos, Murley, Harrison

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

This draft is apparently stacked though. I doubt we would trade away picks this year for say a 10 pick upgrade next year as the quality of player at those later picks is probably better this year than the earlier pick next year.

You would surely need to be getting their first rounder next year to even consider any deal. Tigers will also need a "mini rebuild" on the run too. You are still contending right now but in 2-3 years you'll need that youth.

This draft is apparently stacked though. I doubt we would trade away picks this year for say a 10 pick upgrade next year as the quality of player at those later picks is probably better this year than the earlier pick next year.

Every draft is stacked until around the end of the season, then we hear that no, the next draft is a superdraft!

Rich are in a very good position to carry out some robbery on Collingwood in the trade period this year.

I just put those up as examples.

Obviously there would room to do other pick swaps etc (ie add later future picks or swap future picks) to balance it out.

You see it every year now. Clubs are willing to give up picks totalling a fair few more points if they can move significantly higher up the talent pool.

I don’t buy this super draft pick stuff either. It seems like every year is deemed a super draft until proven otherwise.

Just watching the Pies play my Roos in the VFL and Weideman is looking good now he’s put some size on and a beautiful kick for goal. Just wonder whether if he and Benny Brown (who it hurts to see him and Maj in dees colours) can play in the same team .

I looked and saw that Weideman is out of contract at the end of the year, surely Collingwood try and get him over to the team his grandfather was a premiership player and coached at and father played at. I know that Collingwood have not much trade assets and Melbourne would be playing hard ball but is it remotely possible?

You would surely need to be getting their first rounder next year to even consider any deal. Tigers will also need a "mini rebuild" on the run too. You are still contending right now but in 2-3 years you'll need that youth.
Richmond have 15 players from drafts that are yet to get games due to the success the club has had last 4 years
as well as having 6 picks inside 40 with 3 inside 25 this year.

Think this rebuilding that you mention has actually started 2 years ago whilst still winning
You wouldnt find many clubs that would have taken as many kids in the draft as Richmond whilst in the top 4

Just watching the Pies play my Roos in the VFL and Weideman is looking good now he’s put some size on and a beautiful kick for goal. Just wonder whether if he and Benny Brown (who it hurts to see him and Maj in dees colours) can play in the same team .

I looked and saw that Weideman is out of contract at the end of the year, surely Collingwood try and get him over to the team his grandfather was a premiership player and coached at and father played at. I know that Collingwood have not much trade assets and Melbourne would be playing hard ball but is it remotely possible?
I’d put up Sidebottom & 3rd round pick, Dees add another classy mature player to their side, they are in the window now.

Please for the love of god, play Moore in defence.

For me he is a player than wants to win the game for his team by saving it as a defender.

Not by trying to win the game by kicking goals in the forward line. It's a mindset thing.

Please for the love of god, play Moore in defence.

For me he is a player than wants to win the game for his team by saving it as a defender.

Not by trying to win the game by kicking goals in the forward line. It's a mindset thing.

But there is no point playing moore key back and he plays at AA levels. If his team can't kick goals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Draft pick order as at the end of Round 7:-

Richmond:- 13, 14, 23, 31, 45, 49.
Collingwood:- 38, 56, 74, 92, 110, 128.
Geez that’s not great. I know they get Daicos, but how many of those picks does that cost? They desperately need some young talent and not just Daicos.

Geez that’s not great. I know they get Daicos, but how many of those picks does that cost? They desperately need some young talent and not just Daicos.

only 38 & 56 have points the rest are 0 points and the 2 picks have a total of 659 points
pick #3 is 2236 points if he is bid there ( but looking more like 1 or 2 )
- 20% they still need roughly 1800 points so they will be a fair few points short

Draft pick order as at the end of Round 7:-
Wait, what?

They've got the Bulldogs' 2R, their own 3R and two 3R from Adelaide and Fremantle.

As it stands, that's four picks between 35 and 50. Still nowhere near enough to cover a bid at pick 1 or pick 2.

In theory, if they traded out a player for a pick in the 20s, that would go a long way to cover the points required for that without sending them into deficit next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back