Club Focus Collingwood 2021 - Kreuger, Lipinski, Daicos, Murley, Harrison

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

He was growing up, but he told me he also supports the pies now. So clearly he has converted to some point (when you start referring to the pies as "we" and "us" you know he has converted). I spoke to him at the VFL on friday when watching the boys.

I think it helps he has grown up in the academy, has played for the NGA, playing for the vfl team soon, knows all the boys, staff etc is here constantly. Has always wanted to play under pendles.

But you're right. Look at Pendles, he was a dees supporter. Sidebottom supported essendon. Once you are drafted, who you may have liked as a kid means nothing, you are all in on who you are playing.
Kuta followed the pies growing up.

Also one of the silvani kids supported the pies growing up before going to Carlton - not sure which one it was. Kids are very susceptible at an early age.
Agreed

Tom Lynch was a Pies supporter :tearsofjoy:

North? Hawks?

Or to play with his brother as he has stated he wants? Or to play with his mates he has known for years. Or to play at the same club his father played at.
Also he supports the pies too as he told me on friday.

Nobody commits officially in May. Nobody expects him to be anywhere else.

Yeah very high chance he is at collingwood but the culture form racism issues may get him re think nomination.

I assume north take diacos or horne. I can't see his bid getting past the pies pick at number 2. (gws). Assuming the ladder stays the same.

A lot of pressure of the family with his brother looking the pies best young player currently. And the younger talked up since he was 15

Yeah very high chance he is at collingwood but the culture form racism issues may get him re think nomination.

I assume north take diacos or horne. I can't see his bid getting past the pies pick at number 2. (gws). Assuming the ladder stays the same.

A lot of pressure of the family with his brother looking the pies best young player currently. And the younger talked up since he was 15
Are we racist against wogs now?

Yeah, either North or GWS bid.

yeah we're a mess right now but that won't always be the case, but he lives with bis brother so he would trust the vibe. Plus he is at the club enough to gorge his own opinion.

He has been talked about since 2017, from the moment he started playing over his age group. Won the best and fairest an age group ahead..

I'm looking forward for whatever comes.

Worst trade in recent memory for mine. We also f’ed up our academy year with Thomas when we could have traded up and snagged a guy like Smith or even King along with Thomas rather than polec. This one is going down as the worst trade ever unless the pies pull their finger out though.

Poulter and McMahon have looked Very Promising in there Short Time at the Club

That’s great but take that to the pies board

This board is for players who might get traded
Trade or draft is fine – or overall list management/strategy. We don't have club-specific threads in the draft hub so these catch-all on the main part of the board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poulter was part of the Trade we did when we traded our 1st Round Pick for 2 2nd Rounders. 24 and 31 and then we traded back for Points for Nick Daicos

So the season is a bit of a bust for the Pies and they have a FS and an academy pick who are going to gobble up all the points for this year (and perhaps some of next year). If they decide to trade to fix this who is worth what?

JDG is obvious
Grundy is not really tradeable with that contract IMO
Sidebottom there are rumours
Maynard there are rumours
Anyone else who could get them back into the draft? Assuming the kids are off limits.

So the season is a bit of a bust for the Pies and they have a FS and an academy pick who are going to gobble up all the points for this year (and perhaps some of next year). If they decide to trade to fix this who is worth what?

JDG is obvious
Grundy is not really tradeable with that contract IMO
Sidebottom there are rumours
Maynard there are rumours
Anyone else who could get them back into the draft? Assuming the kids are off limits.
Taylor Adams?

Contrated till 2024 may make it hard though.

I think they would really want to keep him but yeah, he would be worth a bit.
So do I, but I think more clubs would want Adams too, despite his contract not running out till 2024. As much as they should be trying to shop De Goey, I am not convinced many sides would want him due to his current off-field issues, let alone his inconsistency on the field.

Who are their free agents that might get picked up to make up the points

If Daicos gets a bid at #1 they are really stuffed

Pendlebury is their only FA according to this thread. They are in a really bad spot with this draft and their list, JDG would be worth something but he is potentially also worth nothing if the court case goes bad, no club could risk that brand damage. Grundy is worth a lot but that contract is ridiculous so they couldn't trade him without having to pay another player to play against them.

Pendlebury is their only FA according to this thread. They are in a really bad spot with this draft and their list, JDG would be worth something but he is potentially also worth nothing if the court case goes bad, no club could risk that brand damage. Grundy is worth a lot but that contract is ridiculous so they couldn't trade him without having to pay another player to play against them.
Which if they decide draft picks and rebuilding is more important, wouldn't be the end of the world. But they would want two very juicy firsts for him if they were paying a big chunk, is there anyone who needs him AND has the draft capital to meet that demand? GWS is actually who springs to mind, but Collingwood would have to pay a LOT of his salary, and he would have to be happy to go interstate.

Last edited:
Which if they decide draft picks and rebuilding is more important, wouldn't be the end of the world. But they would want to very juicy firsts for him if they were paying a big chunk, is there anyone who needs him AND has the draft capital to meet that demand? GWS is actually who springs to mind, but Collingwood would have to pay a LOT of his salary, and he would have to be happy to go interstate.

True, but it is a very long contract and they are already paying for Treloar to play for someone else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back