News Collingwood's Culture

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
After reading Eddie owns JamTV and heavily involved in Crocmedia, it stands to reason, why Purple was up in arms about us getting pick 2 for Crouch. Purple would've received a call from Eddie and told to go on the warpath against us. For weeks the Vic. Media railled against how unfair it was that AFC would end up with pick 2.
Then VFL House who Eddie has bullied before (Swans Cola) just one thing he got his way on, began to make noises and deep down we all knew it wasn't going to happen.
Another thing is, I wondered why only ONE team made an offer for Crouch when he was our best player. Along with the fact last year, teams were sniffing around him with big offers GC and a few others. Lions and Daniher what a joke that was. An old Cameron who was played on the wing in the end, gifting 3 first rounders for their lovechild, GWS. The firesale by CFC to shed players but AFC getting told you can't make deals like they did.
The whole industry sickens me but I like watching the games with the sound muted. Forget all the TV shows, along with the circle jerks the talking heads indulge in. The only good bit is he is now gone from CFC and I hope his business interests take beating.
I dont think Eddie directed Purple to after us. Doubt Eddie cares that much about us.

I reckon Purple got wind of Saint Kilda's offer. Knowing it was the best (or only) then heard Kelly bang on about pick 2.

I am loathe to defend a Footy Tabloid Writer, but he did the math and that offer is not pick 2, it wasn't even second tier compo.

There is no conspiracy around BCroych's worth and the pick we got. He went to the market, the market set his worth. We got the value the AFL deem that market based value to be.

Ours guys over valued Brad. Probably expected clubs to fall over themselves for his services and pay the inflated salary that no doubt Tex, Sloane, M Crouch, Laird and Smithers are on. I bet they get more money as AFC players than they would elsewhere.

Brad had to go to the market as our club didn't want him. Not even offering a token contract during 2020 to show some love, and bluff that we want him in the case of matching and negotiating that scenario. We cast him out.

Kelly expected such a premium offer and puffed his chest out about pick 2. The market said no.

Footy is far more enjoyable when you Ditch the Talking Heads and just watch the games.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Aug 21, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
After reading Eddie owns JamTV and heavily involved in Crocmedia, it stands to reason, why Purple was up in arms about us getting pick 2 for Crouch. Purple would've received a call from Eddie and told to go on the warpath against us. For weeks the Vic. Media railled against how unfair it was that AFC would end up with pick 2.
Then VFL House who Eddie has bullied before (Swans Cola) just one thing he got his way on, began to make noises and deep down we all knew it wasn't going to happen.
Another thing is, I wondered why only ONE team made an offer for Crouch when he was our best player. Along with the fact last year, teams were sniffing around him with big offers GC and a few others. Lions and Daniher what a joke that was. An old Cameron who was played on the wing in the end, gifting 3 first rounders for their lovechild, GWS. The firesale by CFC to shed players but AFC getting told you can't make deals like they did.
The whole industry sickens me but I like watching the games with the sound muted. Forget all the TV shows, along with the circle jerks the talking heads indulge in. The only good bit is he is now gone from CFC and I hope his business interests take beating.

Did you run out of foil posting this?

Oct 17, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Miami Dolphins
I dont think Eddie directed Purple to after us. Doubt Eddie cares that much about us.

I reckon Purple got wind of Saint Kilda's offer. Knowing it was the best (or only) then heard Kelly bang on about pick 2.

I am loathe to defend a Footy Tabloid Writer, but he did the math and that offer is not pick 2, it wasn't even second tier compo.

There is no conspiracy around BCroych's worth and the pick we got. He went to the market, the market set his worth. We got the value the AFL deem that market based value to be.

Ours guys over valued Brad. Probably expected clubs to fall over themselves for his services and pay the inflated salary that no doubt Tex, Sloane, M Crouch, Laird and Smithers are on. I bet they get more money as AFC players than they would elsewhere.

Brad had to go to the market as our club didn't want him. Not even offering a token contract during 2020 to show some love, and bluff that we want him in the case of matching and negotiating that scenario. We cast him out.

Kelly expected such a premium offer and puffed his chest out about pick 2. The market said no.

Footy is far more enjoyable when you Ditch the Talking Heads and just watch the games.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I disagree on Eddie's influence but agree with the talking heads.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I disagree on Eddie's influence but agree with the talking heads.
He's certainly got influence, you only have to look at the prison bar discussion.

But the stuff you mentioned is a bit of a stretch

Oct 17, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Miami Dolphins
He's certainly got influence, you only have to look at the prison bar discussion.

But the stuff you mentioned is a bit of a stretch

You only have to look at how he survived the Goodes insult, you remember the calling him out in a supposed joke. Anyone else would have been forced to resign.

Back