Toast Collingwood's greatest 25 players (Michael Roberts - HS today)

Remove this Banner Ad

Have you seen another list where they've ranked all the (125) players, or is it just the list of 125 players in alphabetical order (Didak is the 26th name on that list from what I can see)? Fine player that he was, he couldn't possibly be ranked that high, surely?!

I'll check the book when I get home

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Fruitless exercise...some players get better every year after they have retired, others seem to drop off the radar... then recency effect duds the old timers...looking at stats also misleading..
You should see what it does to players that have left Collingwood.

All of a sudden they are these super stars

It's really very comical

Thanks for that. I don't have the book at this stage, but do expect to be getting it sometime over the next few weeks.

My bad. The 125 in the 'Champions of Collingwood' book are not listed in order, so Dids is in the group, but not at 28!

bunter

Club Legend
Apr 20, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
If you're picking most talented he's number one.

Injuries forced him away from the midfield where he was sublime, into a forward where he was just freakish.

Easily the most talented player ever to pull on a Collingwood jumper, Phil Carman next according to those who saw his 1975 (??) season.
J. Greening went ok as well and peter moore plus the 2 you have mentioned.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
This is one of the best threads.

We get to talk about great players, less the rubbish on other threads.

We all blessed to have seen Daicos Buckley Pendlebury etc

Eddierules

Team Captain
May 31, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
This is one of the best threads.

We get to talk about great players, less the rubbish on other threads.

We all blessed to have seen Daicos Buckley Pendlebury etc
I want to put my hand up to mention a player seems a bit forgotten on this board once named by Kevin sheedy as the best player in the comp.Choco Williams magnificent footballer and great Collingwood captain and on a par with Daicos for a lot of years.some supporters forget just how good Choco was and doesn't get the kudos he deserves.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I want to put my hand up to mention a player seems a bit forgotten on this board once named by Kevin sheedy as the best player in the comp.Choco Williams magnificent footballer and great Collingwood captain and on a par with Daicos for a lot of years.some supporters forget just how good Choco was and doesn't get the kudos he deserves.
Terrific captain too
Great point

raymond35

Club Legend
Jan 5, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood vfl

He happened to play the same position as Buckley Swan Pendle and as such is overlooked. He was a magnificent player in the early 80s and could play full forward when needed such was his versatility. Was he captain in 81? Would have been a worthy player to break the drought.

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood (VFL), Man Utd.

Agreed but he was only at the club for six years before heading off to Brisbane... Just like Dayne Beams.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back