Scharenberg Reid Howe
WHE Adams Wells
Mayne Moore Elliott
Sidebottom Cox Fasolo
Grundy Pendles Treloar

Adams, Greenwood, Goldsack, Varcoe

White, Aish, JDG, Maynard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not even gonna try to do this.. Suffice to say that I'm comforted by the people being left out of many best 22s. Which makes me think that on paper at least, we may be a little stronger.

At seasons end, barring injuries I would be disappointed if Blair, White, Goldsack and probably Greenwood were still best 22. There's a fair chance that they all could start the season, but their replacements are on the list. ALl they have to do is demand a spot with consistent good footy. I've said it before, I'll say it again, I'm really excited about the coming season.

I'm not even gonna try to do this.. Suffice to say that I'm comforted by the people being left out of many best 22s. Which makes me think that on paper at least, we may be a little stronger.

At seasons end, barring injuries I would be disappointed if Blair, White, Goldsack and probably Greenwood were still best 22. There's a fair chance that they all could start the season, but their replacements are on the list. ALl they have to do is demand a spot with consistent good footy. I've said it before, I'll say it again, I'm really excited about the coming season.

Yeah, then again, I thought the same last year. Went from excited to depressed a little too quickly.

I currently have all but Blair in my 22 right now...although I think if I'm being realistic Buckley probably has Blair ahead of someone like Aish as we have a plethora of mids in my team but not a lot of small forwards.

From those 4, I actually reckon Greenwood and White will have decent years....but I agree that Goldsack and Blair will likely be replaced.

I'd really like to see guys like WHE, Broomhead, Ramsey and Scharenberg as locks in the team by years end.

I agree on the Sack and Blair but I think White and Greenwood will both still be there abouts. Cox could potentially overtake White and it's not like we don't have a few mids so time will tell.

Dunn might be the other one given he's essentially been recruited as a short term quick fix. Would not surprise if either Keeffe or Schade pass him by seasons end.

KP Defenders - Reid, Dunn, Keeffe, 'Farty', Schade

Mid Defenders - Howe, Goldsack, Schranberg, Oxley

Small Defenders - Adams, Maynard, Sinclair, Ramsay, Langdon, Smith

Pretty good depth now

My preference would at times be to play only Reid and have 3 medium defenders and 3 smalls (try to free up Howe).

Ruck = Grundy
Mids from Pendles, Treloar, Sidey, Wells, Greenwood, Crisp, Wills, DeGoey, Aish, Varcoe, Phillips, J.Thomas, WHE, Sier

Preference being

Grundy, Pendles, Treloar and Wells as the best attacking centre square option. Perhaps Crisp or Wills get a go if we are tagging / defensive.

Sidey on a wing, Aish on the other.

Tall forwards - Moore, White, Cox, Gault
Other forwards - Elliott, Fasolo, Mayne, Blair, Broomhead, Crocker

Moore the lock, id go White as first choice for the other tall, more mobile and better output to date than Cox.

Elliott, Fas and Mayne good versatile small options who all can mark, chase and kick goals.

My team thus becomes

Maynard, Goldsack, Schranberg
- Howe -
Adams, Reid, Sinclair/Ramsay

Sidey, Pendles, Wells
Grundy, Treloar, Crisp

Elliott, White
Fasolo, Moore, Mayne

Bench

Greenwood, DeGoey, WHE, Varcoe

A few stiff players, wouldnt surprise to see any of Broomhead, Aish, Blair, Langdon, Keeffe be preferred and very bullish on Wills but just cant fit him in ahead of the other more senior mids...could easily force out an under performing Greenwood or Varcoe.

So who are the elite, close to elite or A grade?
In other words who are our top liners.

• Pendlebury A ++
  • Treloar A +
  • Grundy A (likely goes A + next season)
  • Reid B + (and A for me if fully fit etc)
  • Sidebottom B +
  • Adams B +
  • Elliot B + (higher if recovers etc)
  • Wells B + (injury free might be higher too, silky customer)
  • Varcoe B
Who could go higher levels? In my view:

De Goey
Moore
Maynard
Fasolo
Hoskin-Elliot
Aish
Scharenberg

Something like that.

Lots of medium levels interesting to see who improvesa d goes to the next levels.....

Up to them now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

• Pendlebury A ++
  • Treloar A +
  • Sidebottom B +
  • Adams B +
  • Varcoe B

De Goey
Moore
Maynard
Fasolo
Hoskin-Elliot
Aish
Scharenberg

Something like that.

Lots of medium levels interesting to see who improvesa d goes to the next levels.....

Up to them now
Sinclair was in good form at the end of the season too. The pessimist in me ( yes there is one ) has him likely to retire from footy in rnd 16 after his 3rd concussion this year. If he can stay fit we got that break out speed we were so lacking.

Sinclair was in good form at the end of the season too. The pessimist in me ( yes there is one ) has him likely to retire from footy in rnd 16 after his 3rd concussion this year. If he can stay fit we got that break out speed we were so lacking.
Never can question his endeavour.
Hopefully he is fine with concussion,
Be interesting to see his progress

• Pendlebury A ++
  • Treloar A +
  • Sidebottom B +
  • Adams B +
  • Varcoe B

De Goey
Moore
Maynard
Fasolo
Hoskin-Elliot
Aish
Scharenberg

Something like that.

Up to them now

Was thinking of starting a thread but decided best just to slot in here -

who is the most important step up player for us next season? Or if you could pick one player to really take their game to another level (or just get a run away from chronic injury) which one is most important to our overall best 22? Guess I'm thinking more of currently established players rather than draftees to keep it realistic. I mean we'd all love McLarty to suddenly step in as a brilliant power forward who can clunk marks and kick fifty goals straight away but that's not likely to happen, so more the step ups rather than 'step ins'.

Think you could put a case for - Scahrenberg, Hoskin-Elliott, Broomhead, De Goey, Fasolo.

I'd almost say Rupert Wills. If Wills can progress in that role of tall inside mid, especially if he can get hands on the ball first and not have to tackle so much, the flow on benefits to our midfield could be huge. It would release some of our real class - Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Wells, Trelaor to play more outside and attacking roles and take the pressure off Adams, Greenwood, Varcoe to provide such relentless defensive pressure just to be in the contest and hopefully overall improve our contested ball situation.

Was thinking of starting a thread but decided best just to slot in here - who is the most important step up player for us next season? Or if you could pick one player to really take their game to another level (or just get a run away from chronic injury) which one is most important to our overall best 22?

Think you could put a case for - Scahrenberg, Hoskin-Elliott, Broomhead, De Goey, Fasolo.

I'd almost say Rupert Wills. If Wills can progress in that role of tall inside mid, especially if he can get hands on the ball first and not have to tackle so much, the flow on benefits to our midfield could be huge. It would release some of our real class - Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Wells, Trelaor to play more outside and attacking roles and take the pressure off Adams, Greenwood, Varcoe to provide such relentless defensive pressure just to be in the contest and hopefully overall improve our contested ball situation.
Break out year to reach A grade? Who is most important for us?

I'd say De Goey.

He could get our beast, ball magnet and getting first possession, but with toughness, the one to take swans spot.
He'd be the one.
He could be a future Brownlow winner (note could be)

Grundy, Pendlebury, Treloar, De Goey
All at elite to close to elite level would be enormous for us.

Was thinking of starting a thread but decided best just to slot in here -

who is the most important step up player for us next season? Or if you could pick one player to really take their game to another level (or just get a run away from chronic injury) which one is most important to our overall best 22? Guess I'm thinking more of currently established players rather than draftees to keep it realistic. I mean we'd all love McLarty to suddenly step in as a brilliant power forward who can clunk marks and kick fifty goals straight away but that's not likely to happen, so more the step ups rather than 'step ins'.

I can't go past Keefe/Dunn. Both of these guys are going to need to pleasantly surprise over the year if we are to be any chance of finals. Moore and Maynard are the next most important. Then you have Degoey, Aish and one of Blair/Kirby/WHE/Broomhead/Mayne.

I can't go past Keefe/Dunn. Both of these guys are going to need to pleasantly surprise over the year if we are to be any chance of finals. Moore and Maynard are the next most important. Then you have Degoey, Aish and one of Blair/Kirby/WHE/Broomhead/Mayne.

I think the thing I feel more positive about is that we have some potential options on the list now for three areas of major deficiency in the past few years - kicking, outside run and crumbing forward.

If we can start to address those area I reckon we're only a tall midfielder and a KPF away from being a very dangerous outfit.

I think the thing I feel more positive about is that we have some potential options on the list now for three areas of major deficiency in the past few years - kicking, outside run and crumbing forward.

If we can start to address those area I reckon we're only a tall midfielder and a KPF away from being a very dangerous outfit.
Ruck and Key defenders are now a major problem area surely? Compared to the start of this year.. I think we break even or maybe do better in midfield (Swan is a big loss, offset somewhat by Wells but I mainly like the look of some of our youngsters and will back them to step up). We are breaking even in the forward line. With Cloke gone our KPF stocks are thin now and we have little coverage for injury. This has been offset by the additions of WHE, and Mayne. The loss of Witts has left our ruck stocks significantly depleted and a lot now rests on Grundy remaining injury free. Our key defenders are of course where we look particularly vulnerable.
I'm not into height as much as everyone else it seems.. to me a quality mid is a quality mid.. height makes no difference to that equation. I'm with you on having high hopes for Wills though.

Ruck and Key defenders are now a major problem area surely? Compared to the start of this year.. I think we break even or maybe do better in midfield (Swan is a big loss, offset somewhat by Wells but I mainly like the look of some of our youngsters and will back them to step up). We are breaking even in the forward line. With Cloke gone our KPF stocks are thin now and we have little coverage for injury. This has been offset by the additions of WHE, and Mayne. The loss of Witts has left our ruck stocks significantly depleted and a lot now rests on Grundy remaining injury free. Our key defenders are of course where we look particularly vulnerable.
I'm not into height as much as everyone else it seems.. to me a quality mid is a quality mid.. height makes no difference to that equation. I'm with you on having high hopes for Wills though.

We have the best young ruck in the comp and our key defenders are better than last year.

We have the best young ruck in the comp and our key defenders are better than last year.
Not sure if being sarcastic... assuming not .. So yes Jmac, we have Grundy.. Then as our backup ruckman we will have Cox in 2017.... a guy who is yet to play a game of AFL footy as a ruckman. This year we had Grundy, with Witts as backup and then Cox. This year our key defenders were: Brown, Reid, Frost, Marsh. Next year they will be Reid, Keefe, Dunn and McClarty. You are putting a lot of blind faith in Keefe, Dunn and McClarty if you think they will outperform Brown, Marsh and Frost next year.

Not sure if being sarcastic... assuming not .. So yes Jmac, we have Grundy.. Then as our backup ruckman we will have Cox in 2017.... a guy who is yet to play a game of AFL footy as a ruckman. This year we had Grundy, with Witts as backup and then Cox. This year our key defenders were: Brown, Reid, Frost, Marsh. Next year they will be Reid, Keefe, Dunn and McClarty. You are putting a lot of blind faith in Keefe, Dunn and McClarty if you think they will outperform Brown, Marsh and Frost next year.
Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon !

(sorry being philosophical today)

To be fair mate, Keefe, Dunn and whoever are not going to have to do much to outperform Brown and Frost. As for the rucks, all you need is Grundy.

Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon !

(sorry being philosophical today)
Have you been to the moon to verify the footprint story? Are your SURE they weren't just footprints filmed in the dust of a Hollywood studio?

(sorry being a killjoy conspiracy theory nut again today)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back