Toast Collingwood's youngsters are uber cool!

Remove this Banner Ad

Today it means taxi.

... and has become an ūber tiresome reference to disruptive technology.

Does my friggen head in :mad:

If I have to listen to another startup pitch that begins with "This is like uber for people with nappy fetishes" I will perform violence upon whatever chair I happen to be sitting in at the time.

Last edited:
May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory

If I have to listen to another startup pitch that begins with "This is like uber for people with nappy fetishes" I will perform violence to whatever chair I happen to be sitting in.

Do you have an upset stomach 76?

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...

If I have to listen to another startup pitch that begins with "This is like uber for people with nappy fetishes" I will perform violence to whatever chair I happen to be sitting in.

I can imagine it is from someone with a carefully manicured beard and a short back and sides haircut...

surfer1

Premiership Player
Aug 8, 2006
coogee
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
parramatta
Confident, highly skilled, supremely fit, dedicated and oh so cool. The best group of young players since pre-season 2010.

Grundy, Elliott, Langdon, Scharenberg, Adams, Marsh, Crisp, Williams, Broomhead, Moore, De Goey, Maynard, Treloar and Aish.

These are the guys who will take us to our next flag.
you could add Ramsay and Witts

TheBaron

Team Captain
Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
There are no other teams.
Uber?? English has a long history of appropriating words from foreign languages but Uber! really? The over use of superlatives "brilliant, champion, genius" etc has depleted the effectiveness of adjectives to the extent that we now look to other languages to capture attention. :( - (Nod to my trendy credentials)

Uber?? English has a long history of appropriating words from foreign languages but Uber! really? The over use of superlatives "brilliant, champion, genius" etc has depleted the effectiveness of adjectives to the extent that we now look to other languages to capture attention. :( - (Nod to my trendy credentials)

Epic post bro.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Wasn't our 90 premiership side made up of a great under 23 squad from a few years before and our 2010 side one of the youngest premiership sides in history.

Lets hope this current crop can repeat history.
And thendouble up, tripleup
Etc

Uber cool post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I have to listen to another startup pitch that begins with "This is like uber for people with nappy fetishes" I will perform violence upon whatever chair I happen to be sitting in at the time.
Uber means outstanding or supreme these days (over or above traditionally).....It may be used by tech heads but has nothing to do with disruptive technology specifically.

Carlton for instance are uber s**t.
Shorter to write than "supremely s**t"....

That is actually one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Why is he even in trouble for this? It's amazing!

I've watched it more than 10 times now and I never fail to chuckle. Classic Crisp!

Bigfooty is a bit like the Uber of sports editorials.

I feel like that every time I hear: 'at this point in time'

Is it safe to use UBER?

Conventional taxi drivers will tell you 'no'.

And more poignantly, the taxi companies and owners of conventional taxi driver licence plates (whose investment of hundreds of thousands of dollars per plate is being jeopardised by Uber) want you to believe that Uber is unsafe.

But IMHO there is no reason to believe that Uber is any less safe than a conventional taxi.

Sarah2kicks

Rookie
Nov 19, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
d0024b80bcc9cae047c2d2cde0df85f2.jpg

deemalikk

Draftee
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Conventional taxi drivers will tell you 'no'.

And more poignantly, the taxi companies and owners of conventional taxi driver licence plates (whose investment of hundreds of thousands of dollars per plate is being jeopardised by Uber) want you to believe that Uber is unsafe.

But IMHO there is no reason to believe that Uber is any less safe than a conventional taxi.
Thanks a lot

Remove this Banner Ad

Back