S09: hougie
S10: Clieshy
S11: Clieshy
S12: Equus
S13: Equus, hougie
S14: BILC
S15: Grockadoc
S16: Tigland, Eagleoz83

Hey Mobbs i'm actually busy doing like 999 sit ups atm . ;)

S15 Captain Filthy B+F Grockadoc GK Nuffers 35
S16 Captain filthy B+F tigland GK Filthy 50
S17 Captain filthy TBA TBA

This should be right.

Yes this is right. Mobbenfuhrer if there is anything else missing you should find it in the first post of our Team season thread which you will be happy to know is located on the FFL board :thumbsu:.

What are people's thoughts on the missing Best and Fairest winners for each club?

From what I understand there are no records for the Wonders with the missing BnF winners and I personally don't like looking at our honour board and seeing ?????? where there should be names. I was going to go through the old Mobbs medal counts and whoever got the most votes that season would be awarded the BnF.

What are people's thoughts? I especially want to hear Mobbenfuhrer view on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Totally up to the Wonders.

With the Roys, I looked back and found we awarded a B&F in most seasons, but missed 2 or 3. I conducted retrospective counts based on stats sheets and commentary for those seasons.

The Wonders can do retrospectives, can use stats or just run with something simpler like highest in Mobb Medal votes, whatever works for you.

Or you can advise that none was awarded in those seasons and I'll update the OP accordingly.

Just a heads up, running a retrospective count is a bit of work, but it can also be a lot of fun, and it has the added potential of bringing back players who'd dropped off the scope.

Case in point, the retrospective count I ran for Season 05 encouraged that season's winner PaulD to come back for a season, but more's to the point, it also found it's way to long-gone-from-Bigfooty Broken 's email inbox. And we all know what that led to ... please hold me.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/season-05-roys-ffc-best-fairest-count-retrospective.862613/

What are people's thoughts on the missing Best and Fairest winners for each club?

From what I understand there are no records for the Wonders with the missing BnF winners and I personally don't like looking at our honour board and seeing ?????? where there should be names. I was going to go through the old Mobbs medal counts and whoever got the most votes that season would be awarded the BnF.

What are people's thoughts? I especially want to hear Mobbenfuhrer view on it.
I feel like that about the two missing All SFA teams but there's obvious difficulties there.

All-SFA would need to be a joint effort with input from all clubs, imo.

Definitely in favour of retrospective awards. They have done that in the VFL/AFL to some respect if I'm not mistaken?

Gaps in records isn't great. All-SFA will be harder for sure, but I think the B&F count is do-able. Was there Exie points posted with the stat counts back in those early days? Maybe a 3-2-1 could be devised from that?

For those interested, the Demons didn't have voted-on best and fairests from S02-S06, so I retrospectively considered B&Fs via total Exie points for the season (the 3-2-1 count would work better, but I was impatient).

A retrospective All-SFA would be fantastic.

PVF I think that if there was no award for the Wonders in a particular season, then no award should be awarded. I like the idea of using Mobbs Medal votes however it's much the same as the AFL in which the Brownlow Medal started in 1924 and the Copeland Trophy at Collingwood began in 1927. In the space between, they didn't just award the highest vote-getter in the Brownlow a Copeland as there simply was no Copeland to be awarded. I think that needs to be emulated here. I do agree that the "????" is unaesthetic but it can simply be altered to "No award given" or the like.

However with that being said, you're the Club Captain so it is entirely your call. This is just my opinion and one that I know you often value so I feel like you need to know my thoughts on it.

PVFI do agree that the "????" is unaesthetic but it can simply be altered to "No award given" or the like.

Agreed. I put the ??????? in to agitate action. If advised there was no award, I'd change it. It make people enquire. Like in The Three Investigators.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back