Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 14, 2011
Queensland
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Gold City Royals

1638343754904.png

ColossalMedia can exclusively reveal star Phoenix on-baller SM and crafty goal sneak NinjaSwan are both departing the rebranded club this off season for foundation club West Coast Wonders. In what has been described as the coup of the off season, Wonders leaders were ecstatic to get the nod from two of the Phoenix most prolific players.

In an ironic turn of events, it was the fleet footed NinjaSwan that kicked the sealer against the Wonders in the dying seconds of the first elimination final and propelled the Phoenix into the Semi Finals.

Its unclear why the two star players decided to leave their nest for the Colosseum. One source close to the pair says unrest within the playing ranks may have played a part in their decision.

We sat down with the two star signings and team Captain Mozzie19 to ask the hard questions

1638343788617.png

Media: SM & NS, You have both signed with the Wonders for S33. Why did you decide on a move to the Colosseum?

NS: After only having played for the East Side since S25 I felt like the time was right to move on and experience something different, so when Mozzie reached out I was excited to be a part of the project he's led at the Wonders over the past two seasons. Additionally the chance to link back up with Loonerty who was one of the people responsible for bringing me to the league in the first place, and a long time teammate in Golumless was very appealing.

SM: The Wonders had a great season this year, and having knocked them out in the EF, saw the strong core the side was building before it makes a bigger play at the flag this coming season. The core posters at the club are a great group, and it was a good chance to link back up with some of my former team mates.

Media: Moz, Congratulations on signing SM & NS. What will these two experienced posters add to your club?

MOZ: When I had a look over our list profile during the course of the season I realised we needed some more consistent posters in our team. My vision is to be the best posting outfit in the SFA and I set about finding a couple of guys that would bring a high quality posting skill set with them to compliment our current list. It just so happens that the two I found come from the same club. This wasn't my intention and I feel for the Phoenix losing two high quality posters in one hit but that's the way the chips fell in this instance and I'm stoked to have them both on board for next season.

Media: SM & NS, Which current Wonders players are you looking forward to playing with the most?

SM: Loonerty is someone I've played with for a number of seasons, as well as Golumless, so it was a good chance to link up with them again and drive the club up the ladder.

NS: There's too many to list but aside from the aforementioned players a few that stand out are SSwans2011, the man with the best music taste in the SFA (aside from me), ClarkeM who is arguably the GOAT of Media threads, and the rookies in Brenton Davy and Soggy2112 both have a really bright future.

Media: Moz, Where do you think SM & NS will play in your revamped lineup?

MOZ: We've had no discussions regarding positions to this point so nothing has been locked in. However given the top quality posting I'm sure they will both bring next season I'm very confident they will both find themselves in prime positions.

Media: NinjaSwan, what was going through your mind when you were lining up for goal in the dying seconds of the elimination final against the Wonders?

NS: When I received that handball I had a split second where I was like this could be an icy reception next season if I were to join them after kicking this, but I love the clutch moments so just focused on my kicking routine and made sure to nail it. I'll be sure to remind my new teammates about it as much as possible though.

Media: SM & NS, how did our little Chipmunk friend take the news? Was he relieved that you were going??

SM: Chipmunk is a great professional and knows there's no hard feelings. Of course I'm sure he's upset to be losing someone of my calibre, but knows that there'll always be a point where players look for a new challenge.

NS: He took it well, obviously a bit disappointed but that's understandable, I wish him and the Phoenix nothing but the best and I'm sure he'll continue doing a great job there.

Media: Moz, is this all the signings we can expect from the Wonders this offseason or is there more to come?

MOZ: Well I have nothing else to confirm at this point, but there are always ongoing discussions. Watch this space i guess.​

Yep, all the best at the Wonders guys - you’ve been great this season and before and will see you in opposition!

So much for looking after the league Mozzie19 .

You might have just killed the Phoenix beyond where it can rise again.

So much for looking after the league Mozzie19 .

You might have just killed the Phoenix beyond where it can rise again.
Chipmunk is a great leader and would not have gone to such lengths to rebrand his club if he was not confident in his abilities to overcome situations like these and continue to recruit and build his club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What type of cushions are we talking?
Bed cushions courtesy of Mrs Goose. Apparently GWS Goose is a pushover.

It appears that shirtfronts are far more interesting than whatever the gumbies talk about each week.
Given we mostly talk about beer, I'll put this one down to having not sent either a PM yet. Not that I need to now seeing as I've done so publicly.

Chipmunk is a great leader and would not have gone to such lengths to rebrand his club if he was not confident in his abilities to overcome situations like these and continue to recruit and build his club.
Nutsy is far too polite to tell you to do your own recruiting instead of decimating other clubs lists.

Consider yourself told

Bed cushions courtesy of Mrs Goose. Apparently GWS Goose is a pushover.

Given we mostly talk about beer, I'll put this one down to having not sent either a PM yet. Not that I need to now seeing as I've done so publicly.
We'll you publically wasted your time I guess

Chipmunk is far too polite to tell you to do your own recruiting instead of decimating other clubs lists.

Consider yourself told
I'm pretty sure recruiting covers both new and current players and that's exactly what I did. I'm a good recruiter. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back