Injury Colquhoun building for 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah. Get some size and turn him into a tagger that can find the ball and can punish the opposition as his footy nous and skills are top shelf.

Nah. Get some size and turn him into a tagger that can find the ball and can punish the opposition as his footy nous and skills are top shelf.

Yep, same size as Kornes and building his endurance to the same level. Great link up player and knows how to accumulate.
Just needs to work on his short dinky kicks, a few seem to drop too short. (Also getting him back from injury :p)

The Hoons pre-season has already started.

1012669_935403626474976_6709008054958001249_n.jpg

How would people feel about the idea of morphing colquhoun into a defensive forward across the half forward line? We seem to have a large number of backline pittard/broadbend types and can just picture him hitting Schultz lace out on the lead time and time again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How would people feel about the idea of morphing colquhoun into a defensive forward across the half forward line? We seem to have a large number of backline pittard/broadbend types and can just picture him hitting Schultz lace out on the lead time and time again.

Nah, Monfries and Neade are our men for that. Hoon will moved to defensive midfield rotation or even straight out tagger replacing Kane once he builds up his tank.

looks like he has put on some upper body bulk in that photo. I likey.

Nah, Monfries and Neade are our men for that. Hoon will moved to defensive midfield rotation or even straight out tagger replacing Kane once he builds up his tank.

What if Monfries gets a half season holiday from ASADA ?, thinking more short term while building his body and tank to take Kanes role in a few years time. Jeez im looking forward to watching Neade improve next season and impact games for longer.

What if Monfries gets a half season holiday from ASADA ?, thinking more short term while building his body and tank to take Kanes role in a few years time. Jeez im looking forward to watching Neade improve next season and impact games for longer.

Yeah, fair call. No idea what Hoon's goal sense is like though. Defensive forwards need to be able to hurt their opponent on the scoreboard.

he is fighting for the opportunity with Moore

Colquhoun is our instant improvement on Mitchell if he comes up. He provides that run and link play that we had no choice but to use Mitchell for. Hopefully next year he is fit and he slots back into that role. After that who knows where he end up but a long term replacement for Kane is possible.

Out of the 22 we had against Hawthorn I would have Colquhoun competing with Monfries, White and Moore. And I would have him marked as the eventual replacement for Kane Cornes. The job he did on Bryce Gibbs in the final game of 2013 was sensational and it was him going off with an injury that turned the game on its head.

First year back from a knee reco so don't expect wonders. He may not get much AFL time at all.

His knee injury was earlier in the year so he should have a better year than most returning from a knee reco.

Colquhoun is our instant improvement on Mitchell if he comes up. He provides that run and link play that we had no choice but to use Mitchell for. Hopefully next year he is fit and he slots back into that role. After that who knows where he end up but a long term replacement for Kane is possible.

Yep. May not be quite as quick in a straight line as Mitchell but he'll be quicker than Kane. Better disposal than Mitchell or Kane. Seems much more of a natural at getting his own ball (to be fair Mitchell has improved on that a lot this year) and has that same "footy sense" I see with Young. The Hoon may become that run-with player we need to succeed Kane, and with a bit more hurt factor going the other way. I hope he can be fully AFL match fit by the middle of the season, would be an tactical weapon to deploy in the second half of the season.

Out of the 22 we had against Hawthorn I would have Colquhoun competing with Monfries, White and Moore. And I would have him marked as the eventual replacement for Kane Cornes. The job he did on Bryce Gibbs in the final game of 2013 was sensational and it was him going off with an injury that turned the game on its head.

every physical attribute is working against him, but he is smart and composed. for that, he will probably win!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back