Opinion Combination Plier Shootout - Knipex Vs Challellock Vs Sidchrome Vs Bahco.

Combination Plier Shootout - Knipex Vs Challellock Vs Sidchrome Vs Bahco.

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
OK, for the shinboners that work on the tools,

Quick pop quiz to find the all time greatest combination pliers.

For mine the front runners are German made Knipex and the good old US of As Challellocks,

IMO the Channellocks are a nose in front but do have a couple of weaknesses such as the insulated grips do tend to de-laminate from the handles over time, where as the knipex ones seem to hold fat, the channellocks integrated terminal crimping jaws in the reverse pivot are extremely handy and the ergonomics are best in class.

Knipex are your typical geman quality but the shears are a tiny bit smaller and are a little figety hacking through 4mm^2 twin and earth TPS compared the the Channellocks, the bahco and siddies also have smaller shearing faces.

the bahcos are very well made swedish kit and were my first set way back in 1989. i then migrated to the local Sidchrome offerings for a bit till i became a rusted on channellock user. the Knipex pliers i had dabbled with and whilst i find they are best in class with long nose pliers i never really took to their combinations,

For mine the front runners are German made Knipex and the good old US of As Challellocks,

IMO the Channellocks are a nose in front but do have a couple of weaknesses such as the insulated grips do tend to de-laminate from the handles over time, where as the knipex ones seem to hold fat, the channellocks integrated terminal crimping jaws in the reverse pivot are extremely handy and the ergonomics are best in class.

Knipex are your typical geman quality but the shears are a tiny bit smaller and are a little figety hacking through 4mm^2 twin and earth TPS compared the the Channellocks, the bahco and siddies also have smaller shearing faces.

the bahcos are very well made swedish kit and were my first set way back in 1989. i then migrated to the local Sidchrome offerings for a bit till i became a rusted on channellock user. the Knipex pliers i had dabbled with and whilst i find they are best in class with long nose pliers i never really took to their combinations,
Thread needs a poll.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Knipex wrench pliers and Knipex Cobra pliers will change your life. Both are unbelievable.

Knipex are pound for pound probably the best quality tool brand in the world. So not really a fair poll.

Knipex wrench pliers and Knipex Cobra pliers will change your life. Both are unbelievable.

Knipex are pound for pound probably the best quality tool brand in the world. So not really a fair poll.
yes they do a wonderfull multigrip, jaws dont slip between settings like my "fuller" ones, often hear other tradies say fuller = fuller $hit. they do a good fencing plier though, 1614898102483.png

yes they do a wonderfull multigrip, jaws dont slip between settings like my "fuller" ones, often hear other tradies say fuller = fuller $hit. they do a good fencing plier though, View attachment 1070336

They don't slip at all.

They lock with a slight compression, no other plier comes close to them.

Knipex Wrench Pliers are probably the best quality hand tool I have. Also the most unique and certainly render a shifter obsolete.

They don't slip at all.

They lock with a slight compression, no other plier comes close to them.

Knipex Wrench Pliers are probably the best quality hand tool I have. Also the most unique and certainly render a shifter obsolete.

just learned 2 things with that video,
firstly i been pronouncing knipex wrong, and never seen them before but the look awesome, that adjustment method is really rigid, think you just cost me 100 bucks,

Bahco for me mate. Am a died in the wool fan of Swedish stuff, even have a mate who worked at the Bahco forge. Most of my Swedish friends live in Enkopings which is the historical home of Bahco, complete with giant shifter and nut as you head into town :cool:
1614899581835.png

They also had the pretty good Kennet Andersson who liked to celebrate his goals Aussie rules style. Also had a pretty good International scoring rate, netting 31 times in 83 games.
1614899854845.png

Bahco for me mate. Am a died in the wool fan of Swedish stuff, even have a mate who worked at the Bahco forge. Most of my Swedish friends live in Enkopings which is the historical home of Bahco, complete with giant shifter and nut as you head into town :cool:
View attachment 1070353

They also had the pretty good Kennet Andersson who liked to celebrate his goals Aussie rules style. Also had a pretty good International scoring rate, netting 31 times in 83 games.
View attachment 1070355
i have bahco shifters, the reverse adjusting nut gets me ever time though, but yes they are very well machined,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could prolly do a side cutter shootout as well. the siddies are prolly my favorite here, even though this pair had a blow out cutting through a live circuit.

1614947984682.png

Never seen those Knipex before, they look great I'm getting some tks!

Everybody probably been onto these step-drill bits for years but I only "discovered" them last year and they are a life changer if working in remote areas. Beautiful clean holes of any size in poly and gal tanks...or whatever sheet material yr working with. And they don't crack acrylic if that's what your doing. Screenshot_20210306-081809.jpeg

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Never seen those Knipex before, they look great I'm getting some tks!

Everybody probably been onto these step-drill bits for years but I only "discovered" them last year and they are a life changer if working in remote areas. Beautiful clean holes of any size in poly and gal tanks...or whatever sheet material yr working with. And they don't crack acrylic if that's what your doing.View attachment 1071031

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app
we call them xmas trees, and yes they are great, just keep the cutting fluid up to them on thicker steel plate. the end bit makes a good poor mans counter sink as well.

yes they do a wonderfull multigrip, jaws dont slip between settings like my "fuller" ones, often hear other tradies say fuller = fuller $hit. they do a good fencing plier though, View attachment 1070336
One of these, a roll of fencing wire and some bailer twine. Who needs any other tools?
A chainsaw maybe????

just learned 2 things with that video,
firstly i been pronouncing knipex wrong, and never seen them before but the look awesome, that adjustment method is really rigid, think you just cost me 100 bucks,
+1

Just bought the 7 and 10 inch pairs.

One of these, a roll of fencing wire and some bailer twine. Who needs any other tools?
A chainsaw maybe????
Just one? We pack an ms261 and a little ms170 for light stuff. Would replace the 170 tomorrow if I could get a little ms200t toppie for a nice price. Edit. And could still throw an ms440 etronic magnum into the mix if I had a Lazy 2k

Last edited:
Back