Combined Kurt Tippett contract negotiation/trade possibility thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think for us to achieve a similar kind of hate to the English football though Kurt would have to announce he's heading to Port before shaving Tex's Mullet off, setting fire to the Westpac centre, shagging Danger's missus and then releasing an online propaganda video stating that Sando isn't the prophet and he's actually a worse coach than Peter Rohde.

Football devotion over there is awesome and insane at the same time. Im kinda glad I can wear crows gear on a train without fear of losing my kidneys.

It's not awesome at all. They are a disgrace of a sports culture over there.

Your quite right Jenny. Kurt has displayed impecible behaviour throughout this whole process. It has not affected the Crows at all and he has always had the best interest of the club at heart. I think he once said at a function that he wants to be a "one club player" (just like every other player that has been drafted).

P.S. Did Santa leave any surprises?

I'm not talking about what Kurt has/hasn't done. I'm just reminded that things are not always as they seem by remembering what Mitch went through last year. I was prepared to give Kurt time (benefit of the doubt) to make his decision once the season finished, but I think it has now past the point of appropriateness. I'm very disappointed by his actions - whilst the decision may have been a difficult one, if he doesn't go to Gold Coast, that disappointment will very quickly turn into anger.

So Jenny still believing this isn't a money decision? Please. Let's bite the bullet and get rid of him now
If he goes to Gold Coast, not about money. If he goes anywhere else? Clearly about money. I want to know how these f'ing clubs can afford to pay him more than we offered.

I have nothing to base this on but gut feel, the AFL want the Suns to be successful and are willing to pay to see that happen, they currently pay part of Hunts contract. A home grown product would of been sold to them by the Suns as a great media and code growth opportunity some time ago.

Personally I think the way he has acted is discracful, towards the Crows and SA in general. But unfortunatley I think he is Suns bound. I hope I am wrong as the more I see of his behaviour the less i want him at my club.

Yeah, but they still need to pay 95% of the cap. Who are they going to lose? They arent exactly an old side and Saturday was their last hoorah before a bunch of players retire. They might lose Bolton and a bunch of fringe guys.

Unless its misreported, which is very possible, but I cant believe that Sydney would be able to offer Tippett $1m a year unless its heavily backended and hes getting $1.8m in the last year. Its ridiculous.

Half of Sydney's starting 22 were aged 28 and above (and 5 over 30). They are pretty old at the top end. Goodes, ROK, Mattner, LRT, Bolton, Malceski, Shaw, Pyke, Richards.

It's not awesome at all. They are a disgrace of a sports culture over there.

Not all of it is violence and thuggery you realise? The atmosphere at an EPL game is the stuff AFL can only dream about. In AFL if your side is ten goals down at half time then 1/3rd of the fans leave. In the EPL if your side is 3-0 down at half time 2/3rds of the stadium are chanting about scoring 4 and about how shite the opposition is.

Enough of me sidetracking an already off topic thread. On with the days of our lives!

On the draft and trading board:

"West Coast will trade their first round pick, pick 17 to Collingwood in exchange for Sharrod Wellingham.
Collingwood would then on trade pick 17 received from West Coast and their first pick in the draft which is pick 18 and Chris Dawes to Adelaide, in exchange for Kurt Tippett"

From a Facebook account. No truth to it (I hope), but funny nonetheless

why the * would we want Chris Dawes?

The rumour I keep hearing is Tippet to Cartlon for their first pick and Bryce Gibbs - the sad part is, I'd take that.

I have nothing to base this on but gut feel, the AFL want the Suns to be successful and are willing to pay to see that happen, they currently pay part of Hunts contract. A home grown product would of been sold to them by the Suns as a great media and code growth opportunity some time ago.

Personally I think the way he has acted is discracful, towards the Crows and SA in general. But unfortunatley I think he is Suns bound. I hope I am wrong as the more I see of his behaviour the less i want him at my club.
you'd be forgetting the behavior when he is dominating .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even if he goes to Gold Coast, no doubt he/his manager are playing this game to get more cash out of Gold Coast.. He may go to Gold Coast for less money than Collingwood, but it may be high enough that going home + the extra cash is worth it.. As some others have said, someone is trying to have their cake and eat it too..

We should be demanding a top 5 pick; #2 from GC should be our preference.

Has a team ever lost 3 KPP in such a short time? That's screwed

Insult to injury - the compensation we got both both Bock and Davis was severely inadequate, in comparison to what others received.

We always get ****ed over, and I'm sick of it.

F*$k you Kurt Tippett, you selfish b@stard.......

Cant believe he kept the club on the line for so long... we have def missed free agency opportunities waiting for him.
Now he is gone.

why the **** would we want Chris Dawes?

The rumour I keep hearing is Tippet to Cartlon for their first pick and Bryce Gibbs - the sad part is, I'd take that.

You mean Tippett and our first for their second and 4th and some spud because Tippett is one head knock away from retirement.

:p

(I would take that Gibbs deal too)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back