Combined Vent threads.

Remove this Banner Ad

How can i team go forward with a regime that turns mids and forwards into defenders. Latest Short first game what did he kick 3 goals 2 games latter his playing defence gives us a break dh and f off. Ohh and take peggy and the rest of your hand picked assistants with you.

How can i team go forward with a regime that turns mids and forwards into defenders. Latest Short first game what did he kick 3 goals 2 games latter his playing defence gives us a break dh and f off. Ohh and take peggy and the rest of your hand picked assistants with you.
Short is playing well back there, but this still doesn't make sense when you have defenders in Drummond and Houli playing forward at the same time

Have any members who have monthly rollover payments rang the club to cancel for next year? .would be good to send a message to the club by letting them know how unhappy we are. Best way is to stop being a member .

This is correct. I'll be waiting until until draft/trading time and off-season appointments before deciding. I have an AFL member/club support (which I'll keep) and an additional RFC membership (which I'll be wavering on depending on the off-season), so only 1 decision to make really.

I can understand the Short decision, given our defenders who have been injured. I can't understand why Castagna was dropped though...

I can understand the Short decision, given our defenders who have been injured. I can't understand why Castagna was dropped though...

I can't understand why Conca was dropped and brought back in without playing VFL. Then spuds it up but we drop Castagna instead who is still learning and Conca spuds it up again...

We also dropped Menadue but played Lambert...

Dropped McBean only to see Vickery spud it up.

The list goes on and has for years. Hardwick has never been any good at developing players because he and his match committee refuse to play them unless they dominate like Miles did. Otherwise they stick with the recycled duds who will never get any better.

I've been a member probably longer than most, but every year since 2010 my passion is weakening, after the ****ed concessions that gws, gcs got, could not see how it was possible to match or catch them, ,and ******* worst of all, their getting a mandingo size batch of even more exciting talent,
Then I'm going to write to the afl
And tell them, , you can shove this ******* utensil of a competition into your own arses.

I can't understand why Conca was dropped and brought back in without playing VFL. Then spuds it up but we drop Castagna instead who is still learning and Conca spuds it up again...

We also dropped Menadue but played Lambert...

Dropped McBean only to see Vickery spud it up.

The list goes on and has for years. Hardwick has never been any good at developing players because he and his match committee refuse to play them unless they dominate like Miles did. Otherwise they stick with the recycled duds who will never get any better.

Dropping McBean was pointless. Unless we know he is going.... In which case playing him in the first place was stupid.

I think there has been some good development of some but it's the development of guys who should be in the best 6-15 that has been the worst:

Conca
Edwards (has improved but poor this year)
Vickery (going backwards),
Lennon (injured this year but under played in previous seasons),
Griff (starting to come good maybe),
B.Ellis (has been good but gone backwards this year)
Vlastuin (was going well but poor at the moment)
Batchelor (from decent player to spud...)
Elton (how is he on the list still? If he is on the list, how is he not playing?)
Astbury (useful defensive defender but doesn't give much outside intercept marking)

These are the picks that should have developed more than they have. The next wave may be there but they aren't ready yet (as in ready to be the best 6-12 players in the team). C.Ellis, Rioli, Menadue, Markov, McIntosh, Drummond, Castagna, Short.

Wins over the journey: Houli, Grigg, Chaplin (not this year), Ivan (gone at the end of 2016), Lloyd, Miles, Grimes (sometimes, has struggled in 2016), Morris (but DH stuffed him for 2 years).

Then we have junk: Hampson (yeah yeah... he's adequate but be honest, we are worse with him than when we had a fit and firing Ivan), Hunt (good last month but shouldn't be in a position to get games), Lambert (VFL or 25-30 at best), Butler, A.Moore (worth a shot but failed), Townsend (see Moore), Broad (my thoughts are well known), McKenzie (not junk but obviously gone), Marcon (1 game but I'm calling it... similar to Lambert).

Unknowns: Yarran

The squad isn't actually that bad and many of them have played decent footy. However they are not at the moment. I have been against sacking DH as coach to this point but the development hasn't been brilliant. If it isn't his fault then we need to make wide-ranging changes to our development team.

DH is responsible mainly for the game style.... this has been the biggest issue in 2016. He (and others at the club) failed to read the way football would be played in 2016 and our 2014-15 game style is obsolete now. We played great footy against the Bulldogs 2 weeks ago and then a completely different style since. It's obvious which way suits the players as they often revert to it when all is lost. They want to play fast break football, full of emotion but they seem bound to a clinical, dare I say it 'Hawthorn style'.... It doesn't work for this group of players. So either DH changes back to what he believed in 2013.... or he is stuffed. He may already be stuffed.... either way, I want to see this group and the 2017-18 version of them play attacking football with a focus on relentless manic pressure on the ball/man when we don't have it. Only then will the Tiger army be harnessed. If Benny Gale is to be believed, DH will have about 8 months to prepare them.... don't stuff it up DH because another 2016 type start in 2017 and you won't make the first bye....

This is correct. I'll be waiting until until draft/trading time and off-season appointments before deciding. I have an AFL member/club support (which I'll keep) and an additional RFC membership (which I'll be wavering on depending on the off-season), so only 1 decision to make really.
EXCELLENT

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back