Come Back Ace Andy!

Remove this Banner Ad

Putting the call out to you fella. Missing our golf chats and having you around the place. If you are reading this get back on!!!
I will talk to you if you like
On golf- why do I always seem to use defective balls that refuse to go straight?
Why does god not talk back when my slice is his fault?
Why do people take this pastime so seriously- "nice shot:what club did you use ?" should not be a hanging offence

• Banned
I will talk to you if you like
On golf- why do I always seem to use defective balls that refuse to go straight?
Why does god not talk back when my slice is his fault?
Why do people take this pastime so seriously- "nice shot:what club did you use ?" should not be a hanging offence

Actually just out on the course now. Played 5 holes and it is damn windy!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah teeing off at 7am on a freezing cold morning. I enjoy playing golf, but not that much.

I actually tried an afternoon round last Sunday but never again. I am an early round golfer so I can get it out of the way. Enjoying watching the Scottish Open at the moment and can't wait for the British to start next week!

I actually tried an afternoon round last Sunday but never again. I am an early round golfer so I can get it out of the way. Enjoying watching the Scottish Open at the moment and can't wait for the British to start next week!

As I've gotten older I do appreciate an early hit off, but not at 7am. That's too early. Usually try for something more civilized like 10am, or in the middle of summer I don't mind a late tee off. Can usually get 18 holes in in around 3.5 hours.

As I've gotten older I do appreciate an early hit off, but not at 7am. That's too early. Usually try for something more civilized like 10am, or in the middle of summer I don't mind a late tee off. Can usually get 18 holes in in around 3.5 hours.

Yeah I understand. At my club the morning comp tee times are 7.00am until 9.00am and then 11.30am until 1.30pm. So basically if you don't hit off before 9.00am you can't play until 11.30.

Yeah I understand. At my club the morning comp tee times are 7.00am until 9.00am and then 11.30am until 1.30pm. So basically if you don't hit off before 9.00am you can't play until 11.30.

Fair enough. I usually stick to the public courses, but I will eventually join a golf club somewhere.

Have two.
Dorset Public in Croydon, but Waverley Public down near Jells Park is the course I grew up playing on, and would play there every wee if I could.

They bring back some memories! I have not played either of them for prob 30 years but remember them both from my pubic days. Holed a snake at Waverley one day!

They bring back some memories! I have not played either of them for prob 30 years but remember them both from my pubic days. Holed a snake at Waverley one day!

Yeah I really enjoy playing at Waverley Public. Front 9 is much tougher than the back, but it was a good course to learn the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back