Universal Love Come on Dee's!

Remove this Banner Ad

Out of curiosity, how old are you lot?

I had never seen that video!
I'm in my 20's. But i'm a collector of our old games and stuff. I like history and i like football, combine to two and i'm in heaven

I'm in my 20's. But i'm a collector of our old games and stuff. I like history and i like football, combine to two and i'm in heaven
You're younger than you look in your profile pic - thought you were about 130

Out of curiosity, how old are you lot?

I had never seen that video!
Late 20s, saw it a while ago on Demonblog though.

I think we can make finals and win them all, and be premiers with Gawn winning the Brownlow.

I'm a known idiot though and mostly people say shut up flog to me then put me on ignore :(
Would be happy. Had $5 on him and $5 on Viney at the start of the season, both at $500ish.

I was thinking about this yesterday, often you see teams suddenly click at some point in the season. If you think of Melbourne in 2000, we actually had an average season until the team ckicked into gear mid way through the season. I think leading into the grand final from about round 12 onwards both essendon and melbourne had a win loss record of 12-1. Or geelong in 07 they clicked in early like round 6 against Adelaide. I'm not saying we're going to storm into the finsls or a grand final. Just that i feel the team has clicked unfortunately too late but hopefully the momentum continues through to next year. Just shows you how important it is to get a good start to the season

I was thinking about this yesterday, often you see teams suddenly click at some point in the season. If you think of Melbourne in 2000, we actually had an average season until the team ckicked into gear mid way through the season. I think leading into the grand final from about round 12 onwards both essendon and melbourne had a win loss record of 12-1. Or geelong in 07 they clicked in early like round 6 against Adelaide. I'm not saying we're going to storm into the finsls or a grand final. Just that i feel the team has clicked unfortunately too late but hopefully the momentum continues through to next year. Just shows you how important it is to get a good start to the season

I was reading something before on where the teams that are still in it sit with Champion Data's "Premiership Standard" (Avg over 100pts For, and under 86pts Against) Looking at the season as a whole, we're 92.1pts For, and 87.9pts Against, which for a team not in the premiership window, I think is pretty good.

But breaking the season in half:
the first 11 games, we were 101.6pts For, and 96.7pts Against
the last 9 games we've been 80.4pts For, and 77.1pts Against

If nothing else, its certainly very positive for the future that as such a young team, we're capable of one or the other for sustained periods, because you would think, with time, we'll be able to put both together.

Always loved this as a kid. We had it on a VHS, along with a take off of 'Give Me Fever' which was 'Give Me Febey' and a highlights package to Pat Benatar's All Fired Up. Friend who worked at the Club gave it to us. My old man was on one of them going apeshit in the crowd with a beard, but don't remember which and (unfortunately) wasn't on this one.

We should genuinely star a petition to get the Club to remake this video heading into 2017. We now have the optimism, the characters in the playing group and the voice that comes from being on an internet forum...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always loved this as a kid. We had it on a VHS, along with a take off of 'Give Me Fever' which was 'Give Me Febey' and a highlights package to Pat Benatar's All Fired Up. Friend who worked at the Club gave it to us. My old man was on one of them going apeshit in the crowd with a beard, but don't remember which and (unfortunately) wasn't on this one.

We should genuinely star a petition to get the Club to remake this video heading into 2017. We now have the optimism, the characters in the playing group and the voice that comes from being on an internet forum...

I was just thinking anything they did now a days would lake that enthusiasm ... something like that Hawks membership video ...

Should get Robbo back to sing it

I was just thinking anything they did now a days would lake that enthusiasm ... something like that Hawks membership video ...

Should get Robbo back to sing it

Gawny jamming on the MCG in a suit with dark glasses... Jack V getting a rubdown and daring to dream... Petracca & Braysh coming out of a limo.... We're ready for a re-do!

I was reading something before on where the teams that are still in it sit with Champion Data's "Premiership Standard" (Avg over 100pts For, and under 86pts Against) Looking at the season as a whole, we're 92.1pts For, and 87.9pts Against, which for a team not in the premiership window, I think is pretty good.

But breaking the season in half:
the first 11 games, we were 101.6pts For, and 96.7pts Against
the last 9 games we've been 80.4pts For, and 77.1pts Against

If nothing else, its certainly very positive for the future that as such a young team, we're capable of one or the other for sustained periods, because you would think, with time, we'll be able to put both together.
Yeah and I think there was a bit a form slump in that period. It wasn't that long ago that 10 wins was looking challenging. Keeping port to 8 goals is a great turn around from earlier in the season where they ran all over the diamond defense.

Holy

Great Ceasers Ghost that was the greatest thing my eyeballs have ever witnessed! It is a distilled essence of late 1980s awesomnesses

Jokes.
Someone old once told me of these iPhone sized plastic boxes you used to insert into a walkman that played sound
I still have a sony walkman still. one of the last models, i won it in primary school. Everybody else had mp3 players then the ipod craze took off

Remove this Banner Ad

Back