Come on down Brian Lake.......

Remove this Banner Ad

In a perfect world this would have happened when he was 26-7, but it's a sensational pick up. All the sooks whinging about this have a think about it. At his best, he's one of the elite big bodied defenders in the comp. Had a bad 2011, but came back with a roar in '12, played almost every game. Will get 3-4 years out of him, our premiership window is open during that time. Schoey can now take a 2nd string forward, and will learn ALOT from him. Older players close to retirement can be great. Baz Hall was great for the Dogs when he went there, and Stewy Dew won a premiership for us. He had retired! This is the best news we could get.

I would hazard a guess that this is the last you will see of us giving away early draft picks, as we will be left with a huge hole in 5 years. But the iron is hot, Lake completes off our team as far as I am concerned.

My first thought was our first rounder for a guy that's 31 years of age ** eek :eek: , then I saw we get 27 back, man I am stoked with this deal.:thumbsu:
Watching this guy take contested marks in our back half for the next couple of years is going to be awesome.

Who is Brian Lake?

Come on down ........ Brian Harris.

Really takes the pressure of our undersized backline which is our fundamental flaw against the sides with big fwd such as Adelaide, Sydney, Collingwood and Geelong.

Rumoured to be on a huge paypack in 2013, assume Mr Smorgon will be forking out $350k to get rid of the bastard....and we pay the other $350k.

Needs a real talking to as he arrives at Waverley.....perhaps a game of Russian Roulette with Luke Hodge.....we don't want any legal battles amongst our team.

yep everyone who questioned clarko and the guys needing to do wot needs to get done can SUCK EGGS !
Clarko could have had him in 2011 and chose not too......if he was there in 2011 and 2012....we could have 2 more premierships

dude u know if u always look at life as the glass half empty u will never be happy .. just some friendly advise ;)
Advice....:) Spell check police (savagelunchbox) will be your karma.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heatherly and Kilkenny... who needs first round picks

I was thinking that, the more gun smokies came via scholarship and rookie list, the more they could afford to go for Lake.

Having said that, I hope they snare a midfield gun or two in the draft. This draft will set some teams up for a half decade

Lower your expectations guys. He will be a fine pick-up playing in a vastly better side than where he has come from, but don't expect to see the Brian Lake you recall taking contested marks against Buddy prior to 2011. His pace off the mark has fallen away and this season even his overhead marking appeared to have dropped away noticeably.
He hasn't lost his ability to read the play however and he will free up others to play more appropriate roles. Think of him now as a structure player rather than a launching pad in defence. Perhaps he'll surprise me by having a new lease of life....you never know....but you can expect at least one classic Brian brainfade per game:)

Needs a real talking to as he arrives at Waverley.....perhaps a game of Russian Roulette with Luke Hodge.....we don't want any legal battles amongst our team.

Legal battles are the least of your worries. I hope Hodge's wife can take *edited, probably a little crass*

If Lake's injury and mental issues can be sorted, he will be a very competent player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back