COMEBACK - new book James Button

Is it available in Ebook format?
Is available through iBooks, just finished reading it. Was a great read
If anyone hasn't been to the clubs museum and are wondering what The Spirit container looks like
IMG_8378.JPG

IMG_8379.JPG

Finished it last night. A great read I thought.

One thing that wasn't really covered though (unless I missed it!) was the coach selection process - Ayers to Bomber and then Bomber to Scott.

Speaking of Bomber...he comes across as one strange dude! Loved by the players, but weird.
Riding along the Southbank on a Coaster bike on Brownlow night is weird?:p

John Button the former Labor senator and Industry Minister?
Yep. I think Blight joked once about how he hadn't realised part of the Geelong job was receiving regular instructions from a cabinet minister.

Also James was Rudd's speechwriter for a while IIRC

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
Yep. I think Blight joked once about how he hadn't realised part of the Geelong job was receiving regular instructions from a cabinet minister.

Also James was Rudd's speechwriter for a while IIRC

Indeed he was and European correspondent for The Age for a while. I loved the bit in the book about how he was concerned about how his father used to stare at Gary Ablett's thighs just a little bit too long.

50% off this book at the MUP website using promo code "FLASHSALE".

Just got the e-book for $6.99.
how long for?

Is that thru amazon?

Sorry .. new to the e book thing.. have a Kindle Fire for the kids ..

GO Catters

Do you have an iPad Daz?

No.. Tin lid has a Kindle Fire... from Amazon.... So I gotta see if I can DL the book and then import it or how the mechanics of that will work.

Go Catters

No.. Tin lid has a Kindle Fire... from Amazon.... So I gotta see if I can DL the book and then import it or how the mechanics of that will work.

Go Catters
Well worth the effort, have read The Mission, Greatness and from Good to Great but this gives a lot more of the back story of the clubs history and explains a bit as to why we were in the position we were in when Cookie arrived

chris9753

Team Captain
Aug 23, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Just finished.......great read. Best book by I've read on the GFC by far, and I've read most!

Last edited:
Back