COMEBACK - new book James Button

Remove this Banner Ad

I've got every Geelong written book bar this one so I'll have to head that way soon. I received an Ablett Snr hard copy for Christmas that I'd never heard of, and haven't read as yet.

Do you have any recommendations?

Do you have any recommendations?
I really like Tom Harley's 'standing tall'. After reading you get a better understanding of why the culture of the club changed for the better after he was appointed captain of the club.

It's vastly different to your normal sports related readings.

I'll take a look when I get home. I've forgotten most of 'em, but I'll let you know.

Is it full of pictures and newspaper articles without a lot of actual writing?

I actually haven't even looked through it yet. I reckon it's the 3rd (maybe 4th) Ablett Snr book I've got.

I've got every Geelong written book bar this one so I'll have to head that way soon. I received an Ablett Snr hard copy for Christmas that I'd never heard of, and haven't read as yet.
I got that book in 1996,it sat in a prime position in my study but I couldn't open it something was missing there was always a feeling of frustration attached to it for me,but then that something changed in October 2007.The stallion on the cover had sired one of the components to the success I craved for 44 years.

I am currently reading this, I am not quite sure why but almost every player's fathers occupation gets a mention. Would make for a great drinking game.

I thought one of the premise of issues from the early days was the class differences causing issues between players, committee, members etc. Knowing a players socio-economic background is key to that. A shortcut to that is your school or your dad's job.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back