clivenator26

Premiership Player
Jun 17, 2009
Latex Condo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Aston Villa
Since JL has taken over in 2020 I can count 9 notable comebacks, apologies if I have missed any.

9. Rd 20, 2021 vs Richmond at Optus Stadium, this game was a slog but have included it, 9pts down in the 4th qtr Freo led by Brayshaw's 39 touches, Tabs 3 goals, a rising star nomination from Hayden Young, a late Lachie Schultz goal from a hanger & Serong goal we got over the line 7.13.55 to 6.15.51. Maybe lucky to be ehre in terms of a deficit overcome but a big effort I reckon against a reigning premier on their last legs to keep finals alive.

8. Rd 5 vs Gold Cast at Norwood, gather round, the sexy black/purple jumpers played at a suburban ground made this one a memorable one. A rising star worthy performance by Amiss (but not given for another 5 weeks mind you) and his 3 goals supported by Shultz and Walters combining for 7. A 23 pt margin late in the 2nd qtr was not enough to stop the mighty boys in black.

7. Rd 1 2024 vs Brisbane at Optus, 4 goals to none in quick time had the home fans with heads in hands and twitter fingers ready to sack JL before the on field leaders Pearce & Serong got to turning it around. Luke Jackson was immense.

6. Rd 2 2024 vs North at Marvel, 32 points down late in the 2nd qtr after a young North team gave a glimpse of what may be in their future, but the other young team got some monstrous efforts from Jackson, Brayshaw, Ryan & Serong with a team effort of goal contributors with nearly all of the forwards hitting the scoreboard.

5. Rd 23 vs GWS at Manuka, with a home final on the line a customary slow start by the purple men (in white shorts) had them trailing by 31pts halfway through the 2nd qtr. Led by Michael Walters in his 200th game with 3 goals the boys managed to run out winners by 20 pts kicking 11 of the last 14 goals of the game.

4. Rd 1, 2022 vs Adelaide in Adelaide, the fist of Chapman, now this game should've been over at half time - we just fluffed our chances, the Crows took their chances in the 3rd and we were down 19 points early in the last before we hit out straps and the famous Chappy fist with seconds left secured a big win.

3. Rd 6, 2020 vs Stk at Carrara, after getting his first career win over Adelaide the week before JL was shocked at 1/4 time when Stk held a 36 pt lead. I remember some big efforts in chase down tackles by Brayshaw & Schultz which helped us get this W. Walters with the 3 Brownlow votes.

2. Rd 11, 2022 vs Melbourne at MCG, "party tricks are everywhere" hailed Huddo from the commentary box as Freddy tapped to Schultz during the 3rd qtr. Late in the 2nd qtr we trailed by 30 and at half time it was 24 against a Melbourne team on an 18 game winning streak.

1. Elim Final 2022, the Colin Young brigade (Walters, Acres, Lobb, Logue) all had an impact, funny how often the name Walters bobs up in these but his 3 goals were critical, a memorable night for everyone.

It is funny looking at it, I can't remember too many Lyon sides that had comebacks because generally that era was all about blowouts by half time then the foot came off the accelerator. How many times did we have a 6-8 goal lead and win by 2-3.

It is funny looking at it, I can't remember too many Lyon sides that had comebacks because generally that era was all about blowouts by half time then the foot came off the accelerator. How many times did we have a 6-8 goal lead and win by 2-3.
There weren't many. Only one that comes to mind is 2017 at home to the Kanga's. The one when Kersten kicked the winning goal. Recon we where 30 points down half way through the third in that game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back