Comebacks

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon have the best comeback ever, apart from the 69 pointer, due to the time left.

Essendon vs Melbourne

3/4 time - Melbourne lead by 41 points

Last quarter Melbourne kick the first goal.

Essendon win

surprised the Kangaroos V Sydney game aint an option. Sydney 40 points up at 3/4 time or somethin and it was Arch's 200th ror 250th game or somethin?

Anyone remember?

Bris v Port will now be known as 'the comeback' replacing the ess/nm game. Ess started their comeback much earlier while bris only had a quarter and a bit to complete a 67 point turnaround.

surprised the Kangaroos V Sydney game aint an option. Sydney 40 points up at 3/4 time or somethin and it was Arch's 200th ror 250th game or somethin?

Anyone remember?

Clearly the 2nd best comeback in the AFL (behind an unspeakable game in 01.) The class difference between Brisbane and Port isn't that great, but the difference between the Roos and Sydney that year was. Not to mention Archers 250th game.

Clearly the 2nd best comeback in the AFL (behind an unspeakable game in 01.) The class difference between Brisbane and Port isn't that great, but the difference between the Roos and Sydney that year was. Not to mention Archers 250th game.
Clearly? No. The Bears comeback against Hawthorn in 1995 rivals it.

Down 45 points to Hawthorn at 3/4 time, the Hawks head to the shade.

We were 3rd last at the time, and the win ignited a winning streak that pushed us into the finals for the first time in our history.

Gave us the confidence to finish 3rd in 1996 as well and kick-started a lot of interest in AFL in Brisbane. I don't know what would have happened if we lost that game.

Essendon's comeback is by far better because it was from a bigger margin.

^not to mention the kangaroos kept on scoring, so there was more pressure on essendon to add to the scoreboard

port last night ____ing stopped in our tracks - v poor.

brisbane made a great comeback last night, but in context it wasnt as good as essendon vs roos 01

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WC vs Geelong?

Thats what i was thinking, In Geelong going horribly and won it. I was close to switching off but kept the faith and we somehow did it.

Out of the 2 options up there though i would go Essendon v Kangaroos. Although they had longer to come back North were a better team than port are at the moment.

Clearly? No. The Bears comeback against Hawthorn in 1995 rivals it.

Down 45 points to Hawthorn at 3/4 time, the Hawks head to the shade.

We were 3rd last at the time, and the win ignited a winning streak that pushed us into the finals for the first time in our history.

Gave us the confidence to finish 3rd in 1996
Then finished last 1-2 years later right;)

My favourite comeback is the 1993 preliminary final. To come back from a 42 point halftime margin in such a big game was awesome.:thumbsu:

Essendon have the best comeback ever, apart from the 69 pointer, due to the time left.

Essendon vs Melbourne

3/4 time - Melbourne lead by 41 points

Last quarter Melbourne kick the first goal.

Essendon win

Yep with the Bombers winning by 1 point to top it off. Melbourne had the last foray forward with Derek Kicket running with the flight of the ball marking and crashing into the goal post, siren sounds Bombers by a point from 47 points down the the last quarter.

Yep with the Bombers winning by 1 point to top it off. Melbourne had the last foray forward with Derek Kicket running with the flight of the ball marking and crashing into the goal post, siren sounds Bombers by a point from 47 points down the the last quarter.

And carlton supporters get excited that they came back from 48 points in the second quarter.:cool:

What about Bulldogs vs Kangaroos in Canberra?

32 points down with 12 minutes to go in the final quarter. Surely that deserves a mention.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back