Comedy. Make me laugh

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon Izzard would be close to my favourite comic of all time. Master of the piss funny ad-libbed tangent. Super sharp, super hilarious guy.

Since I've landed in this thread....

For some unknown reason I usually have a hard time remembering comics I like, but some other nominal faves of mine (whose names I have no problem remembering off the top of my head) would be Hicks (of course), Barron, Gervais, Lenny Bruce (not to be confused with the not-very-funny-at-all Lenny Henry), and Ross Noble (well, most of the time). David Cross has some quality stuff out there, too.

Another guy whose work I'm a fan of - that I don't think has copped a mention in this thread yet - is the great Mitch Hedberg. Troubled dude and not everything he did flew, but very capable of delivering funny material on a regular basis.

Some other decent lines of his....

I went to a record store, they said they specialized in hard-to-find records. Nothing was alphabetized.

I haven't slept for ten days, because that would be too long.

A severed foot is the ultimate stocking stuffer.

My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt. What the ****’s going on down there? Who is the real hero?

What does a sesame seed grow into? I don't know, we never give them a chance!

I hope the next time I move I get a real easy phone number. Something like two two two two two two two. And then people would say "Mitch, how do I get a hold of you?" I'd say "Just press two for a while and when I answer, you will know you have pressed two enough."

That'd be funny if you were a drummer, and you grabbed two magical wands instead of drumsticks. Be pounding out the beat "1-2-3-4 Oh s**t, my bass player's now a can of soup... Sorry Rick, I mean Cream of Mushroom!"

I never joined the army because "at ease" never seemed that easy to me. It seemed rather uptight still. I do not relax by putting my arms behind my back and parting my legs slightly, that does not equal ease to me. At ease is not being in the military.

My friend said to me "I think the weather's trippy." I said "No, man, it's not the weather that's trippy, perhaps it is the way that we perceive it that is indeed trippy." Then I thought "Man, I should have just said 'Yeah.'"

I’ve watched bits and pieces of this set from Chapelle. It might not be his funniest sets but I think it gives us the most insight into his mind. It’s more along the lines of Hicks/Carlin philosophy comedy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back