AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fedor Emelianenko
I think it’s about time we paid homage to the greatest movie ever made:

Commando:

October 4, 1985

Staring:

Arnold Schwarzenegger as Colonel John Matrix (badass)
Vernon Wells as Bennett (chain mail)
Rae Dawn Chong as Cindy (one hot mumma)
Dan Hedaya as Arius (the dictator)
David Patrick Kelly as Sully (I let him go)
James Olson as General Franklin Kirby (world war 3)
Alyssa Milano as Jenny (turns into one hot mumma)
Bill Duke as Cooke (this green beret is gonna kick you big ass)
Charles Meshack as Henriques: (please don’t bother my friend, he’s dead tired.

If you haven’t seen Commando yet your life up till this point in time has been a waste. Made in the days when gratuitous violence wasn’t just acceptable in films, it was a necessity. Commando features Arnold Schwarzenegger at his prime, as one bad mother ********er on the path to free his daughter from the clutches of the evil commie niazi Arius, thus making the world safe for democracy, puppies and sick children the world over. I wikied commando before posting and found a list of all the weapons he uses:

Valmet M78 Light Machinegun
Desert Eagle Handgun
M202 FLASH Multishot Rocket Launcher
Remington 870 12-guage Shotgun with high-capacity magazine tube
M16A1 Assault Rifle
Combat Knife
M60E3 Machinegun
M67 Fragmentation Grenade
IMI Uzi Submachinegun
HK G3 Assault Rifle
Pitchfork
Machete
Axe
Circular Saw Blades
Pipe
Furnace door
M18A1 Claymore Antipersonnel Mine
Martial Arts

For a movie that only goes for 90 minutes that pretty good value. That’s one weapon for every 5 minutes of screen time. Not only that, he kills (from best estimates) 80 people! That’s 1 kill for every 1.125 minutes! Now lets compare that to the latest sufferances that have been labelled “action” films. Aeon Flux for example, where a paltry handful of people are killed. As hot Charlize Theron is it just doesn’t make the grade.

I really wish this style of movie would come back. The last to even come close was Starship Troopers IMHO.

Thoughts?

Poor acting, overly simple plot, cheesy acting, totally lacking in 'realism'.

I absolutely ADORE that movie!!!!!! Arnold is GOD.

As a postscript, why do people need 'realism' in movies?? I thought movies were an escape from the real world for a coupla hours. If you want 'real life', don't go to the movies. Stay home, and look out your window. Go round to the corner Milk Bar and buy a loaf of bread. Stand on a street corner.
And those things are FREE!
(apart from the bread)

Poor acting, overly simple plot, cheesy acting, totally lacking in 'realism'.

I absolutely ADORE that movie!!!!!! Arnold is GOD.

As a postscript, why do people need 'realism' in movies?? I thought movies were an escape from the real world for a coupla hours. If you want 'real life', don't go to the movies. Stay home, and look out your window. Go round to the corner Milk Bar and buy a loaf of bread. Stand on a street corner.
And those things are FREE!
(apart from the bread)

hahaha how about the bit where he rips a broad steel chain off the fence with his bare hands. I tried to cut one of those with a pair of bolt cutter once and still couldn't get through it. I hadt to go ge the angle grinder.

Dunno if this was the actual quote.

"(Arnie Holds dude by one leg over a cliff) Remember how i said i was going to kill you last.......I Lied (Lets go of him)."

haha classic.

Dunno if this was the actual quote.

"(Arnie Holds dude by one leg over a cliff) Remember how i said i was going to kill you last.......I Lied (Lets go of him)."

haha classic.

It's ok Sully, there are a lot of things on your mind, but that's not the most important thing in your life right now. The most important thing is gravity. Remeber Sully this is my week arm...

If you look you can see the wire connected to Sully's leg as Arnie holds him ove the cliff. So many classic moments. I'm going to watch it again tonight :D

it is an absolute snorter of a movie. its almost a parody of itself.

can i have a blanket and pillows for my friend? and dont wake him, hes dead tired.

hey, what did you do with selley?

I LET HIM GO!!!!

it is an absolute snorter of a movie. its almost a parody of itself.

can i have a blanket and pillows for my friend? and dont wake him, hes dead tired.

hey, what did you do with selley?

I LET HIM GO!!!!

LMAO!!!! Arnie at his best.

Haha this movie is hilarious! So many great lines.

Cooke "You scared? you should be, your staring at an ex green beret"

Matrix" I used to eat greens berets for breakfast and right now im very hungry!"

Bennet"your pissant soldiers make me lkaugh if matrix was here, he'd laugh too."

And the entire dialougue during the last fight between the matrix and bennet is gold.

You don't need that chickensh*t gun. You want to put a knife in me, and look me in the eye to see what's going on when you turn it....'
'I don't need the girl. I don't need the gun. I'm gunna kill you now, John!!!'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matrix: Don't break radio silence until they see me.
Cindy: How will I know?
Matrix: Because all ********ing hell is going to break loose.

This was in the shopping centre.
Biggs: Attention all units, emergency on theater level, suspect six foot two, brown hair. He is one gigantic mother********er.

Cindy: These guys eat too much red meat.

[Plane will not start]
Matrix: Come on, you piece of ********. Fly or die.
[Plane starts up]
Matrix: Works every time.

Gen. Kirby: Leave anything for us?
Matrix: Just bodies.

[Cindy uses a rocket launcher]
Matrix: Where did you learn how to do that?
Cindy: I read the instructions.

Cindy: You don't even have a car.
[Matrix pushes Sully's overturned car back upright]
Matrix: Now I do.

Cindy: You steal my car, you rip the seat out, you kidnap me, you ask me to help you find your daughter which I very kindly do, and then you get me involved in a shoot out where people are dying and there's blood spurting all over the place, and then I watch you rip a phone booth out of a wall, swing from the ceiling like Tarzan, and then there's a cop that's going to shoot you and I save you and they start chasing me. Are you going to tell me what's going on or what?
Matrix: No.

Matrix: A guy I trusted for years wants me dead.
Cindy: I've only known you five minutes and I want you dead, too.

Diaz: Mellow out man. We can't talk business with you waving guns in people's faces. Your daughter is safe, Colonel. Now whether she stays that way is up to you. My people, they got some business with you. And if you want your kid back, then you gotta co-operate, right?
Matrix: Wrong!
[shoots Diaz between the eyes]

Matrix: What's wrong?
Cindy: This isn't a plane... i t's a canoe with wings.
Matrix: Well, then, get in and start paddling.

Cindy: You steal my car, you rip the seat out, you kidnap me, you ask me to help you find your daughter which I very kindly do, and then you get me involved in a shoot out where people are dying and there's blood spurting all over the place, and then I watch you rip a phone booth out of a wall, swing from the ceiling like Tarzan, and then there's a cop that's going to shoot you and I save you and they start chasing me. Are you going to tell me what's going on or what?
Matrix: No.

Hhahaaha one of my favoite lines.

I reckon he kills 80 just in the final battle.
( Counting the " Maintenance shed scene which was cut from certain versions ) Scalps a bloke with a bussaw blade :eek:
Originally when he cut that guys arm off, he was going to be screaming and Matrix was going to hit him with his severed arm and tell him to shut up. I'm shattered they cut it out.

Doesn't he actually say "I'll be back" in that movie as well?

Bennett....least convincing Australian character ever.
The problem I had with the it was the main bad guy (the bad arse of bad arses) was an Oxford St club hopping NTTAWWTo. Shaved head, moustache, mesh shirt..........

Could have at least had someone who looked a tiny bit scary.

One of the greatest man movies ever.

Henchman: "cutting a little girls throat is like slicing throgh warm butter"

Bennett: "Put the knife away - and shut your mouth"

Bennett: "I really love listening to your little pissant soldiers trying to talk tough. They make me laugh. If Matrix was here, he'd laugh too"

GOLD movie, I know pretty much every line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back