Opinion Commentary and media

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generally when you get such an even team performance the opposition will get a stand out player in the votes.

You know what I don't even care. But he definitely wasn't the second best player on the ground. s**t. He wasn't even the best Collingwood player. I would have went with a token vote for Grundy just for trying even though our mids just sharked him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Allegations were made and he was investigated for crimes against a minor.

Nothing came of it.

Never charged.

There are suggestions/allegations the investigation was quashed by senior cops. Normally you'd think rumour like that has a high chance of being vindictive bullshit but after all the stuff thats come out about police protection of perps in the RC into child abuse its harder to ignore. Like it or not football mateship, especially old school footy mateship has a similar reputation for covering s**t up.

But

Its not an established fact that he did anything and we live in a country where people are considered innocent, not guilty, of crimes until they are convicted for those crimes in a court. For good reason too. It seemed to me kangatime was suggesting its an established fact that he is a rock spider. That isn't true.

Speaking of rumour & innuendo, Shane Crawford's article in the Sunday Herald-Sun is interesting. It's titled: "Shane Crawford says AFL players who use illicit drugs should be named on first strike".

1st comment under the article: "Agree. But would you have been happy for your "Buddy" to have been named?"

Extra points if you can name his other song without google.

There were two others as I recall. One was called "Me brain hurts" and the other was "Junk food." He shot the video for that one at a studio where I worked and part of it had him vitamising / juicing a whole heap of greasy food and then drinking it and spewing all over the floor. Classy stuff. And I had to repaint the studio floor afterwards.

Yep Jimmy, the master of the short lethal jab.
Remember the day at Vic Park when Shane Kerrison decided to take Jimmy on? One quick jab with the left and Kerro was on his back, his nose looking like a squashed tomato. The Rush stand was full of Pies faithful howling for Jimmy's blood. I was there on a guest pass, giving Jimmy a standing ovation, telling Kerro he was fighting out of his class, which was none at all!!

Good times.

Remember the day at Vic Park when Shane Kerrison decided to take Jimmy on? One quick jab with the left and Kerro was on his back, his nose looking like a squashed tomato. The Rush stand was full of Pies faithful howling for Jimmy's blood. I was there on a guest pass, giving Jimmy a standing ovation, telling Kerro he was fighting out of his class, which was none at all!!

Good times.

Not sure who was braver. You or Jimmy !

It seemed to me kangatime was suggesting its an established fact that he is a rock spider. That isn't true.

Hence my post rather than giving tiny snippets and partial info.

Innocent until guilty and the man was never charged. This is what we have to go on.

Pity they don't have to stop playing now they've lost their finals.

(Not really. I want them to beat the WC, Hawks and Dogs.)

Western are looking shaky now, with two serious injuries Lat night that might train wreck their season. They were certain premiers this year until that. Opponents should do the right thing and stand aside their best players because it isn't fair.

They also need to pay Tommy Boydie who is a good bloke and a superstar. If he wins the Brownlow this year all afl detractors will be laughing on the other side of their faces.

Thought I posted using my western account. Darn.

Good times.
Being born in the late 70s I only saw Jimmy play towards the end of his career but my dad has told me all about his ability to pick them off with ease.

Hence my post rather than giving tiny snippets and partial info.

Innocent until guilty and the man was never charged. This is what we have to go on.

I just wanted to spell that out for anyone else who read the thread and wasn't sure what was going on.

Bulldogs pleading for excuses as to their injury list.

Have they seen ours?

They've written off 2016, saying how unlucky they are.

But yet were first to claim we were pretenders, when we got all of ours.

Lets see how they cope without a handful of their best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back