Opinion Commentary and media

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mention of the punches today Cyril threw during the scuffle in Q2 or Q3? I don't think any connected, but "amazed" nothing was said...

Able you review any footage GR?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Does it week in week out and as he clearly knows he's untouchable, he'll continue against anybody who's capable of putting him under the pump. Mostly sniping gut punches.

Does it week in week out and as he clearly knows he's untouchable, he'll continue against anybody who's capable of putting him under the pump. Mostly sniping gut punches.

I liked the article up on The Age website with Cyril stating that he "wouldn't hesitate to bump again" after getting a fine - yeah, neither would I if I never get suspended for actions that others do. :huh:

James Brayshaw says North Melbourne’s form has been unacceptable as season on the line
d5b2a47ca3104c362aab414d8830c5a2

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...e/news-story/d5b2a47ca3104c362aab414d8830c5a2

Hmmm?

Never heard of Brett Stubbs before, but surely understanding of basic grammar and spelling ability are still prerequisites for getting a job that comprises written communication. In a short article, he served up:

“UNDER par and unacceptable” performances has North Melbourne ...
“We have to secure a birth in the finals ...
Brayshaw said the Roos would not hesitate in making touch calls ...

Never heard of Brett Stubbs before, but surely understanding of basic grammar and spelling ability are still prerequisites for getting a job that comprises written communication. In a short article, he served up:

“UNDER par and unacceptable” performances has North Melbourne ...
“We have to secure a birth in the finals ...
Brayshaw said the Roos would not hesitate in making touch calls ...

Maybe Brett Stubbs = Brad Scott o_O I suspect this was a Tasmanian journalist, spelling not really a big priority down there. :rolleyes:

There was 1 comment and its a beauty:

Adam "Talk is cheap Brayshaw go and do something about it" Wonder if that was Adam Simpson? :eek:

Rioli invisible all night, pokes the ball forward with his foot once, and we have to watch a replay while they marvel and chuckle at his skills.

its bullshit aint it? what a wank fest.

Anyone catch the gag the other night on the Footy Show. "He left quicker than James Brayshaw at a meet the supporters function". Gold.
Literally saw about three minutes of the show and caught that quote. Whoever writes Billy's material got that one right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fox Footy showing a classic 2004 game v Swans at Olympic Park.

We are losing at 3q time by 20odd points.

Classic....??
Yep, I told my son to turn it off. Crap game. Classic would have been the Corey Jones winning goal game. I would have IQd that one for repeat watches.

Yep, I told my son to turn it off. Crap game. Classic would have been the Corey Jones winning goal game. I would have IQd that one for repeat watches.
Watched that with my old man as a 10 year old. He went to bed at half time, "not our night" he says. I say "plenty of time" as he headed upstairs.

I enjoyed letting him know about it the next morning :D

Watched that with my old man as a 10 year old. He went to bed at half time, "not our night" he says. I say "plenty of time" as he headed upstairs.

I enjoyed letting him know about it the next morning :D
Like the 2000 game at the SCG - about four goals down (at half time? Three quarter time?) and I was getting stressed and annoyed watching on TV, went for a short walk and thought about packing it in, but came back to see North kick five goals in a row. Dhurrkay kicked one of the last couple in that run and North went on to win the game.

Robbo's likes:

7. Happy Boomer.
Didn’t like the undisciplined hit on Hawthorn’s Sam Mitchell last weekend and still staggered he only received a fine from the MRP. Also stand by the belief grumpy old footballers don’t help their futures when they lash out. But there is a chunk of egg on the face after watching Boomer play the ball — and not the man — and do it in a game North Melbourne should’ve won. He had 32 and kicked three which is truly staggering for a 38-year-old. Also staggering is that North’s won most key areas — contested footy, clearances, inside 50s — but inaccuracy coughed up the game.

da73b8eaf4977bf3677f9e3b4e86cf4a

Brent Harvey was outstanding against the Swans. Picture: Getty

9. Photographs. Another terrific shot was on offer after the North Melbourne v Sydney match of Aliir Aliir and Majak Daw. The two African-born footballers spent periods of the game opposed to each other and while Daw gave Aliir some problems, the Swans defender’s contribution once again was significant. Commentators keep putting up names for story of the year — McDonald-Tipungwuti, Menzel, etc — but Aliir’s journey takes beating.

160d8a284d0a4da7abba86c3201ea8d1

Aliir Aliir (left) and Majak Daw (right) shake hands after Sydney beat North Melbourne in Hobart. Picture: Getty

Dislikes

8. Anderson and Toumpas. Strong belief Port Adelaide and North Melbourne could ignite the careers of Jimmy Toumpas and Jed Anderson after securing them in trades, but as the season closes, it hasn’t played out that way. Toumpas has played eight games and needs to find more urgency to continue his senior career, while Anderson’s season hurts even more. North gave pick No.15 to Hawthorn for him and his eight games this season have a returned an average of 11 disposals. Both were poor at the weekend and although both clubs will persevere, improvement is a necessity in 2017.

Robbo's likes:

7. Happy Boomer.
Didn’t like the undisciplined hit on Hawthorn’s Sam Mitchell last weekend and still staggered he only received a fine from the MRP. Also stand by the belief grumpy old footballers don’t help their futures when they lash out. But there is a chunk of egg on the face after watching Boomer play the ball — and not the man — and do it in a game North Melbourne should’ve won. He had 32 and kicked three which is truly staggering for a 38-year-old. Also staggering is that North’s won most key areas — contested footy, clearances, inside 50s — but inaccuracy coughed up the game.

da73b8eaf4977bf3677f9e3b4e86cf4a

Brent Harvey was outstanding against the Swans. Picture: Getty

9. Photographs. Another terrific shot was on offer after the North Melbourne v Sydney match of Aliir Aliir and Majak Daw. The two African-born footballers spent periods of the game opposed to each other and while Daw gave Aliir some problems, the Swans defender’s contribution once again was significant. Commentators keep putting up names for story of the year — McDonald-Tipungwuti, Menzel, etc — but Aliir’s journey takes beating.

160d8a284d0a4da7abba86c3201ea8d1

Aliir Aliir (left) and Majak Daw (right) shake hands after Sydney beat North Melbourne in Hobart. Picture: Getty

Dislikes

8. Anderson and Toumpas. Strong belief Port Adelaide and North Melbourne could ignite the careers of Jimmy Toumpas and Jed Anderson after securing them in trades, but as the season closes, it hasn’t played out that way. Toumpas has played eight games and needs to find more urgency to continue his senior career, while Anderson’s season hurts even more. North gave pick No.15 to Hawthorn for him and his eight games this season have a returned an average of 11 disposals. Both were poor at the weekend and although both clubs will persevere, improvement is a necessity in 2017.

Who is Ghost writing Robbo's columns - he's been hard to disagree with lately

Tarrant simply isn't getting the same media attention Rance, Talia, McGovern and even Grundy have been getting of late, so he will miss out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back