Opinion Commentary and media

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We won an arcade table as second prize in a raffle (first prize was a car) with about 700 games on it.

First thing I checked was whether it had Galaga, then which versions of Space Invaders. Kids lived on Pac-man until the motherboard died.

Apparently about $250 to fix/replace by the guy who made it, with a completely updated/added set of games if I get the computer unit out myself, or else around $500-ish. Keep almost saving the $250 up but other bills keep getting in the way.

FIXED!!!!!!

$175 in the end without the game update. Mainly labour to install a new bracket to hold some processors together that had slowly separated from the motherboard due to the odd bump and knock over time........ can't imagine why..?!?!?!

Love that 8-bit music and graphics!!!!

FIXED!!!!!!

$175 in the end without the game update. Mainly labour to install a new bracket to hold some processors together that had slowly separated from the motherboard due to the odd bump and knock over time........ can't imagine why..?!?!?!

Love that 8-bit music and graphics!!!!
Sounds awesome.

Anyone who likes old school games might be interested in the new Nintendo Classic NES which is due out in a month. Perfect "Christmas present for the kids".

https://ebgames.com.au/wiiu-217390-Nintendo-Classic-Mini-NES-Wii-U

Word. Difficult pretty much right from the get go. It's those crazy, looping, slow-then-fast flying patterns.

Excellent game. (But 'Moon Cresta' is still my all-time fave.)

Word. Difficult pretty much right from the get go. It's those crazy, looping, slow-then-fast flying patterns.

Excellent game. (But 'Moon Cresta' is still my all-time fave.)

Yessss Moon Cresta ... !!!

What a looong time it's been though.

I have a clear memory of Moon Cresta in the 1980s. Both before and after my final high school year (1985).

Not so sure it survived into the 1990s did it though, TOD? At least not in a commercially viable sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yessss Moon Cresta ... !!!

What a looong time it's been though.

I have a clear memory of Moon Cresta in the 1980s. Both before and after my final high school year (1985).

Not so sure it survived into the 1990s did it though, TOD?

Nah, not really. Certainly didn't have the longevity of some of the more iconic arcade games.

Honestly not sure if I ever played Moon Cresta.

It's awesome.

Kind of like a mixture of Galaga and Phoenix, with intermittent 'docking' stages that give you the opportunity to increase the size of your cannon (not a euphemism). Extremely cool game.

1083838348.jpg

Votes....

1. Moon Cresta
2. Galaga
3. Qix
4. 1942
5. Phoenix

HM's.....Defender, Dig Dug, Frogger, Pacman, Moon Patrol, Donkey Kong, Asteroids, Centipede and Crush Roller.

Moon Cresta was a great game. My favorite at the time and its kind of ahead of its time. Galaga was a bit of a Moon Cresta clone.

Pleiads was cool cos you defended earth then flew off into space chasing the enemy aliens then had to fly back to earth thru a maze of asteriods and space junk. I didn't mind Scramble, Zaxxon, Vanguard, Bosconian, Route 16, Amidar and Ozma Wars either.

I used to have a program called MAME which was an 80s arcade emulator that people would build virtual circuit boards for. They were called ROMs and allowed you to play old games thru the emulator. It was great. There are so many old games i'd forgotten about.

Moon Cresta was a great game. My favorite at the time and its kind of ahead of its time. Galaga was a bit of a Moon Cresta clone.

Pleiads was cool cos you defended earth then flew off into space chasing the enemy aliens then had to fly back to earth thru a maze of asteriods and space junk. I didn't mind Scramble, Zaxxon, Vanguard, Bosconian, Route 16, Amidar and Ozma Wars either.

Scramble's omission from my HM's was a terrible oversight. Used to absolutely love that game.

I have serious love for those games and spent an inordinate amount of time playing arcade games and pinnies as a kid. We had a holiday house down at Rye and went to the Sunshine Coast every year for hols also, so between the Rye Mini-Golf, a killer two-storey games arcade in Cotton Tree, and Flashback in the city every weekend (as well as any fish-and-chip shop in the area that had a game), I racked up some serious hours.

Still love the pinnies from that era and rate them above the pinnies they have around now.

Votes....
kiss__53910.1426790012.386.513.JPG

20150726_182955-326x245.jpg

1096339379.jpg

1103034260.jpg

f8f2e091a47c8f6122415597fd81be16.jpg

HM's....Eight Ball (with the Fonzie decal) and Capt. Fantastic (with the Elton John decal).

I'm also glad that the 'Commentary and media' thread is being put to such good use during the non-footy months. : off-topic look

Scramble's omission from my HM's was a terrible oversight. Used to absolutely love that game.

I have serious love for those games and spent an inordinate amount of time playing arcade games and pinnies as a kid. We had a holiday house down at Rye and went to the Sunshine Coast every year for hols also, so between the Rye Mini-Golf, a killer two-storey games arcade in Cotton Tree, and Flashback in the city every weekend (as well as any fish-and-chip shop in the area that had a game), I racked up some serious hours.

Still love the pinnies from that era and rate them above the pinnies they have around now.

Votes....
kiss__53910.1426790012.386.513.JPG

20150726_182955-326x245.jpg

1096339379.jpg

1103034260.jpg

f8f2e091a47c8f6122415597fd81be16.jpg

HM's....Eight Ball (with the Fonzie decal) and Capt. Fantastic (with the Elton John decal).

I'm also glad that the 'Commentary and media' thread is being put to such good use during the non-footy months. : off-topic look
Awesome

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back